Fiery fracas over firing

lightspeed
Guru

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Post by lightspeed »

Whyme2 wrote:
logman wrote:If you think your cab driver isn't impaired. Think again.

Most of the ones I encounter on the roads around Kelowna certainly appear to be. :D

Yellow peril...
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

:topic:
W105 wrote:did you read the part where he lied to the Chief and told him he only received a 24 hr suspension ??
That was straightened out 4 and half years ago right away. You do seem stuck in the past.

W105 wrote:I'm surprised that he didn't ask for the impound fees and the points on his license to be paid for by the tax payers.

Then you aren't thinking straight - that has nothing to do with the current suit.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

The fact that this drunk is no longer in public service is a good thing.

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

lightspeed wrote:The fact that this drunk is no longer in public service is a good thing.

So anyone that gets drunk even once should not be in public service. What a shame the vindictiveness continues.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Do you know him Fancy?
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Already saw one poster's question to me about that deleted but I did answer it. Wish people would read the thread.
And since you missed this too, here it is again:
ferri wrote::-X Don't start making this personal please. Thanks!
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

They very rarely take drinking and driving to court anymore, just an automatic suspension and big fines, no criminal record. It really is no different than excessive speeding in terms of the penalties, fines impoundment etc. except that with drinking and driving you might have to take a course and have a Breathalyzer installed in your car.

The big difference with this case is he was driving a company vehicle that was impounded. If he was driving his own car the fire department would never have found out unless he told them. However, as a fireman or policeman you most likely need to drive a vehicle so your license would probably be suspended for three months so you would have to tell them. Really he could still be a fireman and not drive the vehicle to the fire.

If he was a teacher, doctor, nurse etc. etc. he could just get a ride to work and no one would be the wiser. Should anyone in those occupations be fired if they get caught drinking and driving? Why should they get fired and not the construction worker, postal worker, accountant etc? It is a slippery slope.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Fancy wrote:
lightspeed wrote:The fact that this drunk is no longer in public service is a good thing.

So anyone that gets drunk even once should not be in public service. What a shame the vindictiveness continues.

I suggest if they are in public service, they don't drink and drive. Would be good advice. Might be worth heeding. Buddy would still have his well paying job.

MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

So anyone that gets drunk even once should not be in public service. What a shame the vindictiveness continues

No one in public service should be so expectant that just because they are a public servant they should get "special "privileges if they get caught for impaired driving in an EMERGENCY VEHICLE ...
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

how is anyone here even defending this guys? weird.drunk drivers are the scum of the earth
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

No one has defended what he did that night but it certainly doesn't make one "scum of the earth". There are far more heinous acts one can do.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

voice of reason wrote:how is anyone here even defending this guys? weird.drunk drivers are the scum of the earth

Actually they've been replaced by distracted drivers.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

it does make you scum of the earth when your actions are impared by your own doing and you think so little of the safety of the others in the communities personal safety that you climb behind the wheel and risk killing or injuring innocent people and youself
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

voice of reason wrote:it does make you scum of the earth when your actions are impared by your own doing and you think so little of the safety of the others in the communities personal safety that you climb behind the wheel and risk killing or injuring innocent people and youself

Tell that to all the jerks texting while driving. At least the drunk drivers are generally looking straight ahead.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Actually they've been replaced by distracted drivers.

You just keep thinking that while you enjoy another nice , tall glass of ICBC Kool Aide ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .

Return to “Central Okanagan”