Fiery fracas over firing

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Postby Anonymous123 » Jan 30th, 2018, 8:12 am

I just don't get how a first responder that has 16+ years of responding to impaired driving accidents can make the decision to drink and drive. Enjoy your money Kerry.
We See
We Judge

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Anonymous123
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2441
Likes: 1857 posts
Liked in: 1313 posts
Joined: Feb 8th, 2013, 4:02 pm
Location: The fine line between reality and fantasy

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Postby W105 » Jan 30th, 2018, 8:21 am

me neither...but he really didn't "win" much...$50K- ish, minus $8K for EI Benefits and taxes taken off...he "lost" a $100+K a yr job/career with excellent benefits and the public was made aware of his "ordeal"..drunk driving...oh and 5 yrs of his life fighting to "win".. now he truly knows (like all the families out there who have lost loved ones to drunk drivers) how making the stupid decision to drive drunk has life altering consequences...thank god he only hurt himself with his dumb decision..
W105
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3561
Likes: 1303 posts
Liked in: 3249 posts
Joined: Apr 20th, 2012, 7:46 am

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Postby Fancy » Jan 30th, 2018, 8:28 am

I wouldn't call it a "win" as he was entitled to receive the money. And I expect the lesson was hammered home that night and he will remain paying for that mistake the rest of his life. Why people like to gloat about it is rather sad.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

dirtybiker likes this post.
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 46145
Likes: 1169 posts
Liked in: 6262 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Postby W105 » Jan 30th, 2018, 8:36 am

I have NO empathy for anybody who makes the personal decision to drive a vehicle after drinking and I never will..

you deserve everything you get if you want to make that choice...why ?? because YOU had the choice NOT to do it but did it anyways (his excuse for doing was pretty pathetic.."he didn't want to leave his boss's vehicle downtown overnight)

Anonymous123 likes this post.
W105
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3561
Likes: 1303 posts
Liked in: 3249 posts
Joined: Apr 20th, 2012, 7:46 am

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Postby Fancy » Jan 30th, 2018, 8:38 am

W105 wrote:I have NO empathy for anybody who makes the personal decision to drive a vehicle after drinking and I never will..

you deserve everything you get if you want to make that choice...why ?? because YOU had the choice NOT to do it but did it anyways (his excuse for doing was pretty pathetic.."he didn't want to leave his boss's vehicle downtown overnight)

Regardless - people make mistakes, are punished and then get to go on with their lives. There is a lot of anger here. I disagree that punishment should be a constant when it has already been served.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 46145
Likes: 1169 posts
Liked in: 6262 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Postby oneh2obabe » Jan 30th, 2018, 8:42 am

W105 wrote:me neither...but he really didn't "win" much...$50K- ish, minus $8K for EI Benefits and taxes taken off...he "lost" a $100+K a yr job/career with excellent benefits and the public was made aware of his "ordeal"..drunk driving...oh and 5 yrs of his life fighting to "win".. now he truly knows (like all the families out there who have lost loved ones to drunk drivers) how making the stupid decision to drive drunk has life altering consequences...thank god he only hurt himself with his dumb decision..

Yes, he'll get $42K+ less what he has to pay back to EI, but the City of West Kelowna will also have to pay his court costs. And you can bet the lawyer will be presenting a huge bill for a 5-year long battle.

While siding with Klonteig, MacNaughton did not agree he was entitled to 18 months severance. Instead, she stated he was limited to the five months salary provided for in his employment contract, $42,325, plus court costs.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#217507
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

normaM likes this post.
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
 
Posts: 56772
Likes: 770 posts
Liked in: 6091 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 8:19 am

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Postby kelownaobserver » Jan 30th, 2018, 10:08 am

I hope with the money he made drinking and driving in a company vehicle that he enjoys his vacation in the tropics. Again, a good example of a bad example
kelownaobserver
 
Posts: 49
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 25 posts
Joined: Jul 13th, 2006, 1:46 pm

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Postby Fancy » Jan 30th, 2018, 10:11 am

kelownaobserver wrote:I hope with the money he made drinking and driving in a company vehicle that he enjoys his vacation in the tropics. Again, a good example of a bad example


Another ridiculous comment. It's sad to see the vindictiveness regarding someone who made a serious mistake and paid the consequences.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 46145
Likes: 1169 posts
Liked in: 6262 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Postby W105 » Jan 30th, 2018, 10:16 am

westside tax payers paid for his mistake too...

two_shoes1mit likes this post.
W105
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3561
Likes: 1303 posts
Liked in: 3249 posts
Joined: Apr 20th, 2012, 7:46 am

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Postby Fancy » Jan 30th, 2018, 10:18 am

W105 wrote:westside tax payers paid for his mistake too...
That was 4 and half years ago.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 46145
Likes: 1169 posts
Liked in: 6262 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Postby W105 » Jan 30th, 2018, 10:20 am

the judgement just came out...tax payers have to pay him $42K , $42K for court costs and then his lawyer bill...that would be right now 2018...right ??
W105
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3561
Likes: 1303 posts
Liked in: 3249 posts
Joined: Apr 20th, 2012, 7:46 am

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Postby oneh2obabe » Jan 30th, 2018, 10:24 am

^^^The $42K was his severance pay based on his contract and the salary he was earning then. The court costs will be his lawyer's fees ... and they don't come cheap when you go to trial.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
User avatar
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd
 
Posts: 56772
Likes: 770 posts
Liked in: 6091 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2007, 8:19 am

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Postby Fancy » Jan 30th, 2018, 10:24 am

W105 wrote:the judgement just came out..

The District should have done the right thing to start with - 4 and half years ago.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 46145
Likes: 1169 posts
Liked in: 6262 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 5:23 pm

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Postby johnrae » Jan 30th, 2018, 10:36 am

*removed*
The fact that he won his case still doesn't change the fact that he drinks and drives and thinks its ok. My cousin is a firefighter and has seen the damage that impaired driving will do. He has seen the dead bodies of children who were killed by people who only had three drinks. I have never seen him operate a vehicle with even a drop of alcohol in his blood stream. Heck, he won't even drive the next morning after drinking.*removed* :200:
Last edited by ferri on Jan 30th, 2018, 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Do not start making it personal!

lightspeed likes this post.
johnrae
Fledgling
 
Posts: 151
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 162 posts
Joined: Sep 2nd, 2014, 11:30 am

Re: Fiery fracas over firing

Postby Fancy » Jan 30th, 2018, 10:44 am

johnrae wrote:*removed*
The fact that he won his case still doesn't change the fact that he drinks and drives and thinks its ok........*removed* :200:

Another poster who just doesn't get it. Don't know the man but you must. Why else would you say he still thinks it's okay to drink and drive. I'm sure you have proof of that.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 46145
Likes: 1169 posts
Liked in: 6262 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 5:23 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 4 guests