Bpeep
Mindquad

Re: No on street parking during snow event

Post by Bpeep »

dirtybiker wrote:
Dizzy1 wrote:snow brushes have many, many uses :biggrin:

Snow brush ?

Your not from around here are you ?

The local way is just to start driving and maybe the wind will clear it.

And the 3 feet on the roof adds weight that helps with traction.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

Bman wrote:
dirtybiker wrote:
And the 3 feet on the roof adds weight that helps with traction.

And be sure that snow ice and frozen muck covers your tail lights and headlights.

All the better for seeing you with (not).
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

dirtybiker wrote:Snow brush ?

Your not from around here are you ?

The local way is just to start driving and maybe the wind will clear it.

Bman wrote:And the 3 feet on the roof adds weight that helps with traction.

Well yeah, brush it up on top of the roof and trunk - its all about the downforce :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Queen K wrote:I was hoping Diz would elaborate on "uses."

As a digging tool? Excavation tool? Avalanche control? Beacon to show where you're buried?

Yup. Yup. Yup. Yup.

Fend off bears.
Backscratcher.
Prop the hood open.
Hit the Mrs. when she tries to take a bite from my Five Guys.

:biggrin:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Dizzy1 wrote:Snow "event" - sheesh! Its snow, maybe even a snow storm - ridiculous how they come up with this stupid jargon.

Hopefully the snowbank in front of my car at the airport isn't too, too high - been sitting there through a few of these "events".

Yeah that would be the biggest problem. The great minds of DWK would have to call a meeting to decide if (a) the forecast for a snow event is accurate and (b) just what constitutes a "snow event"
I mean according to yesterday afternoons forecast we were going to be snowed in overnight yet this morning was clear!
nonnobus

Post by nonnobus »

Why not change the way we plow the streets? I know it’s more efficient in other cities that do it and that is pile the snow to the middle of the street and then that eliminates the sidewalks being plowed twice or sometimes three times and it also makes faster cleanup time. A loader with a snowblower attachment on it and hits the snow piled in the middle of the street into the back of a dump truck and all cleaned up and ready for more. Eliminates damages to vehicles from plows and saves many people ( mostly the elderly ) the stress of having too shovel there driveways every time the plow goes by. Also allows people to park on the side of the streets if needed as a lot of people that are parked there usually don’t have the room to park in a driveway. Maybe I’m far off with this but I’ve seen it work in other towns and cities. I’m NOT saying this is the solution but suggesting maybe take a look at it as it could be a solution!!

Return to “Central Okanagan”