No on street parking during snow event

dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

No on street parking during snow event

Post by dodgerdodge »

https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelo ... g-solution

Good luck enforcing this if it ever comes to anything. Bylaw is a joke already without adding more laws that will be broken. Our whole subdivision is littered with on street parking, cars, trucks and even work trailers. We are talking lots and lots of vehicles just in our few streets and cul de sacs alone. Where does the Mayor think all these people are going to park? They cannot move to the next street so where else is there?
Its frustrating when the snow flies and we don't get properly cleaned streets due to vehicles parked up but i cannot see that this idea is at all practical.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Re: No on street parking during snow event

Post by dirtybiker »

Agreed nowhere for these people to park except the street.

That is what happens when everyone in a single Family Residential ends
up with a suite.
or
A developer pays a fee for additional footprint in lieu
of parking.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

dodgerdodge wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelowna/215912/Snow-easy-parking-solution

Good luck enforcing this if it ever comes to anything. Bylaw is a joke already without adding more laws that will be broken. Our whole subdivision is littered with on street parking, cars, trucks and even work trailers. We are talking lots and lots of vehicles just in our few streets and cul de sacs alone. Where does the Mayor think all these people are going to park? They cannot move to the next street so where else is there?
Its frustrating when the snow flies and we don't get properly cleaned streets due to vehicles parked up but i cannot see that this idea is at all practical.

No reason for anyone living in a subdivision to park on the street. None.

They do it because they get away with it.

Pay to create a parking pad. Dig up a lawn and gravel it. Park on your own driveway.

Or move to a house with adequate parking for all concerned.

Stop clogging up neighbourhoods with your various jalopies. Most Kelowna hoods look like ghettoes/crap because of all the various crap parked on the street.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

no parking between 2am-4am on public streets.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

lightspeed wrote:
No reason for anyone living in a subdivision to park on the street. None.

They do it because they get away with it.

Pay to create a parking pad. Dig up a lawn and gravel it. Park on your own driveway.

Or move to a house with adequate parking for all concerned.

Stop clogging up neighbourhoods with your various jalopies. Most Kelowna hoods look like ghettoes/crap because of all the various crap parked on the street.

I will give you a reason. Majority of single family homes do not exist anymore. Old ones converted to add a suite and most new ones in our sub division built with suite. No extra parking is built to accommodate this regardless of any regulations to address this City councils constantly ignore the issues and even allow illegal suites to be used to help address the housing shortage. The neighbour at top of our road has suite and there are 3 or 4 vehicles regularly parked on street. He has drive full of cars and trailer so no where else for them to park. I have no idea if its legal suite or not but guess DWK don't care
lightspeed
Guru

Post by lightspeed »

dodgerdodge wrote:I will give you a reason. Majority of single family homes do not exist anymore. Old ones converted to add a suite and most new ones in our sub division built with suite. No extra parking is built to accommodate this regardless of any regulations to address this City councils constantly ignore the issues and even allow illegal suites to be used to help address the housing shortage. The neighbour at top of our road has suite and there are 3 or 4 vehicles regularly parked on street. He has drive full of cars and trailer so no where else for them to park. I have no idea if its legal suite or not but guess DWK don't care

Oh I know why. I think it's appalling.
"Why does everyone in Kelowna act like they're in Hollywood"

A hermit; a recluse; one of the Okanagan "hill people"

All my haters are less successful than me...
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

steve mc wrote:no parking between 2am-4am on public streets.

So the blows only work between 2-4am. :135:
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Snow "event" - sheesh! Its snow, maybe even a snow storm - ridiculous how they come up with this stupid jargon.

Hopefully the snowbank in front of my car at the airport isn't too, too high - been sitting there through a few of these "events".
Last edited by Dizzy1 on Jan 11th, 2018, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by vegas1500 »

dodgerdodge wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelowna/215912/Snow-easy-parking-solution

People *bleep* about the streets not getting cleaned...can’t have it both ways. Most cities have such laws and during a “snow event” there is no parking. Seems to work in cities larger than Kelowna.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Dizzy1 wrote:Snow "event" - sheesh! Its snow, maybe even a snow storm - ridiculous how they come up with this stupid jargon.

Hopefully the snowbank in front of my car at the airport isn't too, too high - been sitting there through a few of these "events".

Do you keep a shovel in your trunk? Might help!
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Queen K wrote:
Do you keep a shovel in your trunk? Might help!

I ain't no boy scout - I live on the edge :biggrin:

I am good at improvising though - snow brushes have many, many uses :biggrin:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Dizzy1 wrote:snow brushes have many, many uses :biggrin:

Snow brush ?

Your not from around here are you ?

The local way is just to start driving and maybe the wind will clear it.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I was hoping Diz would elaborate on "uses."

As a digging tool? Excavation tool? Avalanche control? Beacon to show where you're buried?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Divor
Fledgling

Post by Divor »

be like Nelson and have the car towed.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Classic news reporting. Our "hood" was on the news. We don't have street parking. We don't have side walks. Lights either. Good job CHBC.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

Return to “Central Okanagan”