Prof put on restrictions

psychprof
Fledgling

Prof put on restrictions

Post by psychprof »

This skeezy perv sexually harassed his students. Was put “on leave” with pay for a year. Now he’s back and has no classes, no students to supervise, no clinical practice. But with full pay. $168,000 in case anyone is wondering. Shame on you UBCO!
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Prof put on restrictions

Post by alanjh595 »

It's called tenure.
Bring back the LIKE button.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

psychprof wrote:This skeezy perv sexually harassed his students. Was put “on leave” with pay for a year. Now he’s back and has no classes, no students to supervise, no clinical practice. But with full pay. $168,000 in case anyone is wondering. Shame on you UBCO!

There is always two sides to the story, sometimes three.
How about we wait and see the rest.
Can`t help thinking snowflakes.
My opinion only without knowing more.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Just more liberal higher education nonsense. The people running the show should be ashamed
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Last edited by featfan on Jan 13th, 2018, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

featfan wrote:http://thetango.net/2018/01/07/millenni ... interview/

Just how the world is heading.

This is so very sad
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

featfan wrote:http://thetango.net/2018/01/07/millennial-job-interview/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26UCSVj-yhQ

Just how the world is heading.

Sad but ever so true. :200:

On the bright side it does make old age seem more of a blessing.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Brenky

Post by Brenky »

I'm a millennial. It's incredibly insulting that a single video on YouTube about my demographic is eliciting the responses above.

There are airheads, idiots, and losers in every generation. Generalizing and assuming that one group of people is "worse" than another is good for no one.
jasond_71
Board Meister

Post by jasond_71 »

Funny I was watching mad men which takes place early 60's and they were saying the new generation was lazy and wanted everything handed to them. I'm a gen x and I'm sure the baby boomers said that about us:)
put-for-dough
Fledgling

Post by put-for-dough »

Why are we the taxpayers supporting someone who has crossed all moral bounds and should be charged in court as the average citizen would be. GO TO JAIL DO NOT PASS GO!!!!
put-for-dough
Fledgling

Post by put-for-dough »

I would like to get a taxpayers petition going to have this Prof. removed and we no longer support him. Any one interested??
foodsmith
Board Meister

Post by foodsmith »

How is this not okay with everyone? What exactly is the problem here?

I mean, the guy is an adult teaching adults and was likely just saying what the students deserved to hear.

Likely just trying to get control of his classroom; I am sure if we all were flies on the wall we'd see the sort of behaviour that invites this type od response.

The fact that he is in a position of power and trust is completely irrelevant, too! Come on now...
foodsmith
Board Meister

Post by foodsmith »

put-for-dough wrote:I would like to get a taxpayers petition going to have this Prof. removed and we no longer support him. Any one interested??

Why not start a petition to have every Teacher or Professor who exhibits the sort of behaviour that warrants these restrictions removed?

High school, Elementary, Poat-Secondary... The Teachers are basically all in the same boat, yeah?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Brenky wrote:I'm a millennial. It's incredibly insulting that a single video on YouTube about my demographic is eliciting the responses above.

There are airheads, idiots, and losers in every generation. Generalizing and assuming that one group of people is "worse" than another is good for no one.

Unfortunately there's a lot more evidence than "a single video on YouTube" to support concern.

It's simply a matter of time, before every employer demands that electronic devices be checked at the door, before every work shift.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

Return to “Central Okanagan”