Robert Stupka (GP)
18%

Total votes: 73

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Post by flamingfingers »

hupur wrote:Congrats Ben Stewart.
I hope this results in an overturn of goverment.
I love my province and find it irksome that the NDP are bent on ruining it.

flamingfingers wrote:
How do you know that they are 'bent on ruining it'. Please be specific, thanks.

Old Techie

I'll go out on a limb here and just toss out a few areas of concern.........
- Jeopardizing one billion of annual income the pipeline brings with it.
- Jeopardizing our wine industry which struggled long and hard simply to get to the point of being able to trade inter provincially.
- Jeopardizing BC Hydro's business plan by putting a wrench in purchase negotiations from which we all benefit.
- Jeopardizing our tourist industry by alienating our biggest customer base.
- Jeopardizing other business as Alberta contemplates further actions.
- Jeopardizing the incomes of all manner of businesses which are tied to projects such as pipelines.
- Jeopardizing BC people's jobs, as those who work in Alberta may well wind up on the target list, if not already based on some posts.

Do you need that list to be much longer before you get the gist of it?

All that you have stated is strictly your own OPINION, not supported in the slightest by FACTS.
Chill
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

CapitalB wrote:
Glacier wrote:Correlation between education and voting patterns is actually not all that strong. Now, it is true that the Greens did win Oak Bay Gordon Head and the NDP won some highly educated ridings, but so did the Liberals. Also, they all won low education ridings.

Did you even read verums post? You responded like they said there is a correlation between education and voting. Literally the entire post was about how that isn't really supported by science.

I was agreeing, although, it should be pointed out that left-wing parties do get more votes from the highly educated as well as the least educated, so in a way you can argue that the NDP (or Democrats in the States) do get the higher educated vote, but on average there's not that much difference. It's the distribution that's different.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

flamingfingers wrote:

flamingfingers wrote:

Old Techie

- Jeopardizing our wine industry which struggled long and hard simply to get to the point of being able to trade inter provincially.
- Jeopardizing BC Hydro's business plan by putting a wrench in purchase negotiations from which we all benefit.
- Jeopardizing the incomes of all manner of businesses which are tied to projects such as pipelines.
- Jeopardizing BC people's jobs, as those who work in Alberta may well wind up on the target list, if not already based on some posts.

All that you have stated is strictly your own OPINION, not supported in the slightest by FACTS.

Sounds like you're commenting on 98% of your posts, but regardless, and I'd venture you're somewhat aware of that, the proof will be in economic figures yet to be released.

That the NDP's stance is already affecting the areas I mentioned is not opinion, given that they've already blocked wine shipments thus that industry is already losing money, and news has indicated that.

Inability to continue hydro sales agreements falls into the same category.

Anyways somewhat pointless to argue with your type, whose mind is made up, and closed to any amount of reason.

Perhaps a little time brushing up on the Cole's notes version of how business works might be in order.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
EZGuy

Post by EZGuy »

flamingfingers wrote:

flamingfingers wrote:

Old Techie

My point is when will people actually evaluate electoral choices rather than just blindly voting party lines?

A billion dollars in revenue, to who techie? Will the pipeline company lease land in BC for a billion a year where the pipeline runs? What are you smoking? Smart governance would ensure the pipeline and the offshore shipping of raw bitumen to freaking China is actually safe (NDP agenda)! Even Justinos federal liberals are reviewing the exact same approval process that approved this very pipeline as they feel it is not good enough. Really smart governance would actually refine our own product and ship finished product to support Canadian jobs. Conservatives, liberals and NDP have all let us down for 40 years plus by shipping raw product rather than finished product.

Struggling wine industry, HA! Winery down the road is worth over $5 million if sold as business and land and structures. And it’s a small family winery. Cry me a river! If it was an apple orchard, something everyone can actually EAT, true agriculture, that same farm would be valued at about $800,000. I’ll grant you this it’s the Alberta NDP that retaliated by picking an easy target - I don’t agree with raging Rachel but happy to support my favourite winery by buying up a couple bottles of BC wine.

$8.8 billion Site C dam - the liberals you fawn over ran this project to the point of no return by blindly accelerating the approval process by pre letting $1.8 billion in contracts ensuring no other government could stop it. Lots in the press about the electricity from site c being unnecessary for 30years, if ever. Our biggest electricity customers are becoming self sufficient. Plus most of he contracts for work on this dam site was awarded to Alberta contractors. Yes good for BC’s oldtechie. Let’s hope those tension cracks that showed up at the site fix themselves.

Tourist industry. Yea we have a robust tourist industry in the Thompson/Okanagan but if there are a few less Red & Whites this summer and they all swarm Sylvan Lake instead I’d be just fine with that. But this simply just won’t happen unless more floods and fires drive them away.

http://vancouversun.com/news/politics/r ... you-to-see

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/na ... e38018921/

Return to “Central Okanagan”