Re: Kelowna West by-election

Post by HorganIsMyHero »

alfred2 wrote:you have to be kidding who wants to see horgan :biggrin:

Me. He's a Canadian hero.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

^^ Must have lowered the standards, or removed them altogether, for Horgan to qualify as any type of hero.
Snake oil salesman would be more appropriate.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
alfred2 wrote:you have to be kidding who wants to see horgan :biggrin:

Me. He's a Canadian hero.

when did they name a sandwich after him? I am sure it's just loaded with ham and baloney on a hot air bun and no substance.
Bring back the LIKE button.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Old Techie wrote:Must have lowered the standards, or removed them altogether, for Horgan to qualify as any type of hero.
Snake oil salesman would be more appropriate.

I'm still waiting for a politician/s that is not appropriately called a snake oil salesperson. Starting my wait 1 year before I was legally able to vote, I'm currently in my mid to late 50s.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

I posted a review of tonight's all candidates forum in a different thread, but it is relevant here too:
http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=73779&p=2301736#p2301736
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Kelowna Chamber of Commerce asked each candidate same 8 questions here are there responses:
https://www.kelownachamber.org/advocacy/advocacy/

Added later: this is just added material on each candidate, which added to an all candidates meeting should give a good picture of each candidate. Voters then can make an educated choice of who would be best for this riding.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

GordonH wrote:Kelowna Chamber of Commerce asked each candidate same 8 questions here are there responses:

Added later: this is just added material on each candidate, which added to an all candidates meeting should give a good picture of each candidate. Voters then can make an educated choice of who would be best for this riding.

LOL So gosh darn predictable, I read the NDP candidates responses, and first she rips into the Liberals, then shortly thereafter proceeds to assign credit to the NDP, for what in essence is the state the Liberals left BC in, as in great unemployment stats, great credit rating, and robust economy. Ummmmmm.......... the NDP didn't do squat toward accomplishing that. [icon_lol2.gif]

Next Horgan will be taking credit for increased cherry exports to Asia, which was also a Liberal accomplishment, and the new school announced in Lake Country, was also put in motion under the Liberal government, though I knew old grinning dufus would be all over that one as a photo op, given that a new school means more members added to the BCTF membership role.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Old Techie wrote:
GordonH wrote:Kelowna Chamber of Commerce asked each candidate same 8 questions here are there responses:

LOL So gosh darn predictable, I read the NDP candidates responses, and first she rips into the Liberals, then shortly thereafter proceeds to assign credit to the NDP, for what in essence is the state the Liberals left BC in, as in great unemployment stats, great credit rating, and robust economy. Ummmmmm.......... the NDP didn't do squat toward accomplishing that. [icon_lol2.gif]

Next Horgan will be taking credit for increased cherry exports to Asia, which was also a Liberal accomplishment, and the new school announced in Lake Country, was also put in motion under the Liberal government, though I knew old grinning dufus would be all over that one as a photo op, given that a new school means more members added to the BCTF membership role.

I trust you'll be ripping into Stewart for blaming the recent ICBC debacle on the NDP, because he did?
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Verum wrote:
Old Techie wrote:

I trust you'll be ripping into Stewart for blaming the recent ICBC debacle on the NDP, because he did?

If the shoe fits wear it. The NDP have been in for a number of months now, and have had time to make changes but haven't.
According to what I read ICBC's loss consists of 900 million that's been accrued under the NDP watch.
Might be good to acknowledge that ICBC hasn't been a money loser for the 16yr Liberal reign, as some would like to portray.

It's more accurately a business that has been confronted with ridiculously high claim increases, and much of that happening in 2017.
Back when the Liberals were given suggestions to cap payouts, things weren't bad, and I can understand why perhaps they didn't feel such a drastic measure was necessary, however now it is, and the Liberals aren't in power now are they?

The honeymoon is over. Time the NDP come up with a plan, besides taking credit for Liberal accomplishments, and handing out jobs to their buddies, by endlessly implementing studies of things that don't require studying, if you have half a brain.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Old Techie wrote:...

If the shoe fits wear it. The NDP have been in for a number of months now, and have had time to make changes but haven't.
According to what I read ICBC's loss consists of 900 million that's been accrued under the NDP watch.
Might be good to acknowledge that ICBC hasn't been a money loser for the 16yr Liberal reign, as some would like to portray.

It's more accurately a business that has been confronted with ridiculously high claim increases, and much of that happening in 2017.
Back when the Liberals were given suggestions to cap payouts, things weren't bad, and I can understand why perhaps they didn't feel such a drastic measure was necessary, however now it is, and the Liberals aren't in power now are they?

The honeymoon is over. Time the NDP come up with a plan, besides taking credit for Liberal accomplishments, and handing out jobs to their buddies, by endlessly implementing studies of things that don't require studying, if you have half a brain.

Where do you get your red flavoured Kool Aid? :biggrin:
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Verum wrote:
Old Techie wrote:...

Where do you get your red flavoured Kool Aid? :biggrin:

A new outlet called "Reality Refreshments", want some? [icon_lol2.gif]
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

If Christy Clark left a *bleep* on her desk in her office when she bailed out...........rest assured, Liberal voters over there would vote for it because "its a Liberal *bleep*"..........a lot of stink with no substance.
casey60
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by casey60 »

Every time I drive by a Ben Stewart Liberal sign I have only one thought,
ICBC, BC Hydro, LNG.

Return to “Central Okanagan”