Kelowna West by-election

Who are you voting for?

Ben Stewart (BCL)
36
49%
Shelley Cook (NDP)
24
33%
Robert Stupka (GP)
13
18%
 
Total votes : 73

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Postby alfred2 » Jan 30th, 2018, 4:53 pm

you have to be kidding who wants to see horgan :biggrin:
alfred2
Übergod
 
Posts: 1996
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 834 posts
Joined: Jun 29th, 2013, 11:02 am

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Postby HorganIsMyHero » Jan 30th, 2018, 8:08 pm

alfred2 wrote:you have to be kidding who wants to see horgan :biggrin:


Me. He's a Canadian hero.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister
 
Posts: 448
Likes: 119 posts
Liked in: 234 posts
Joined: Aug 5th, 2017, 2:49 pm

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Postby Urban Cowboy » Jan 30th, 2018, 8:14 pm

^^ Must have lowered the standards, or removed them altogether, for Horgan to qualify as any type of hero.
Snake oil salesman would be more appropriate.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3816
Likes: 3669 posts
Liked in: 5560 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Postby alanjh595 » Jan 30th, 2018, 8:15 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
alfred2 wrote:you have to be kidding who wants to see horgan :biggrin:


Me. He's a Canadian hero.

when did they name a sandwich after him? I am sure it's just loaded with ham and baloney on a hot air bun and no substance.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

3 people like this post.
User avatar
alanjh595
Guru
 
Posts: 5141
Likes: 1908 posts
Liked in: 2990 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Postby ferri » Jan 30th, 2018, 8:17 pm

:topic:
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
User avatar
ferri
Forum Administrator
 
Posts: 44198
Likes: 14436 posts
Liked in: 8940 posts
Joined: May 11th, 2005, 3:21 pm

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Postby GordonH » Jan 30th, 2018, 8:44 pm

Old Techie wrote:Must have lowered the standards, or removed them altogether, for Horgan to qualify as any type of hero.
Snake oil salesman would be more appropriate.


I'm still waiting for a politician/s that is not appropriately called a snake oil salesperson. Starting my wait 1 year before I was legally able to vote, I'm currently in my mid to late 50s.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20557
Likes: 2284 posts
Liked in: 7220 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Postby Verum » Feb 1st, 2018, 12:25 am

I posted a review of tonight's all candidates forum in a different thread, but it is relevant here too:
http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=73779&p=2301736#p2301736
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
User avatar
Verum
Übergod
 
Posts: 1383
Likes: 698 posts
Liked in: 1031 posts
Joined: Oct 6th, 2017, 12:31 am

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Postby GordonH » Feb 1st, 2018, 4:46 am

Kelowna Chamber of Commerce asked each candidate same 8 questions here are there responses:
https://www.kelownachamber.org/advocacy/advocacy/

Added later: this is just added material on each candidate, which added to an all candidates meeting should give a good picture of each candidate. Voters then can make an educated choice of who would be best for this riding.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20557
Likes: 2284 posts
Liked in: 7220 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 1st, 2018, 9:46 pm

GordonH wrote:Kelowna Chamber of Commerce asked each candidate same 8 questions here are there responses:
https://www.kelownachamber.org/advocacy/advocacy/

Added later: this is just added material on each candidate, which added to an all candidates meeting should give a good picture of each candidate. Voters then can make an educated choice of who would be best for this riding.


LOL So gosh darn predictable, I read the NDP candidates responses, and first she rips into the Liberals, then shortly thereafter proceeds to assign credit to the NDP, for what in essence is the state the Liberals left BC in, as in great unemployment stats, great credit rating, and robust economy. Ummmmmm.......... the NDP didn't do squat toward accomplishing that. [icon_lol2.gif]

Next Horgan will be taking credit for increased cherry exports to Asia, which was also a Liberal accomplishment, and the new school announced in Lake Country, was also put in motion under the Liberal government, though I knew old grinning dufus would be all over that one as a photo op, given that a new school means more members added to the BCTF membership role.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

Carrs Landing Viking likes this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3816
Likes: 3669 posts
Liked in: 5560 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Postby Verum » Feb 1st, 2018, 10:14 pm

Old Techie wrote:
GordonH wrote:Kelowna Chamber of Commerce asked each candidate same 8 questions here are there responses:
https://www.kelownachamber.org/advocacy/advocacy/

Added later: this is just added material on each candidate, which added to an all candidates meeting should give a good picture of each candidate. Voters then can make an educated choice of who would be best for this riding.


LOL So gosh darn predictable, I read the NDP candidates responses, and first she rips into the Liberals, then shortly thereafter proceeds to assign credit to the NDP, for what in essence is the state the Liberals left BC in, as in great unemployment stats, great credit rating, and robust economy. Ummmmmm.......... the NDP didn't do squat toward accomplishing that. [icon_lol2.gif]

Next Horgan will be taking credit for increased cherry exports to Asia, which was also a Liberal accomplishment, and the new school announced in Lake Country, was also put in motion under the Liberal government, though I knew old grinning dufus would be all over that one as a photo op, given that a new school means more members added to the BCTF membership role.

I trust you'll be ripping into Stewart for blaming the recent ICBC debacle on the NDP, because he did?
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
User avatar
Verum
Übergod
 
Posts: 1383
Likes: 698 posts
Liked in: 1031 posts
Joined: Oct 6th, 2017, 12:31 am

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 1st, 2018, 10:24 pm

GordonH wrote:Kelowna Chamber of Commerce asked each candidate same 8 questions here are there responses:
https://www.kelownachamber.org/advocacy/advocacy/

Added later: this is just added material on each candidate, which added to an all candidates meeting should give a good picture of each candidate. Voters then can make an educated choice of who would be best for this riding.



Verum wrote:
Old Techie wrote:
LOL So gosh darn predictable, I read the NDP candidates responses, and first she rips into the Liberals, then shortly thereafter proceeds to assign credit to the NDP, for what in essence is the state the Liberals left BC in, as in great unemployment stats, great credit rating, and robust economy. Ummmmmm.......... the NDP didn't do squat toward accomplishing that. [icon_lol2.gif]

Next Horgan will be taking credit for increased cherry exports to Asia, which was also a Liberal accomplishment, and the new school announced in Lake Country, was also put in motion under the Liberal government, though I knew old grinning dufus would be all over that one as a photo op, given that a new school means more members added to the BCTF membership role.

I trust you'll be ripping into Stewart for blaming the recent ICBC debacle on the NDP, because he did?


If the shoe fits wear it. The NDP have been in for a number of months now, and have had time to make changes but haven't.
According to what I read ICBC's loss consists of 900 million that's been accrued under the NDP watch.
Might be good to acknowledge that ICBC hasn't been a money loser for the 16yr Liberal reign, as some would like to portray.

It's more accurately a business that has been confronted with ridiculously high claim increases, and much of that happening in 2017.
Back when the Liberals were given suggestions to cap payouts, things weren't bad, and I can understand why perhaps they didn't feel such a drastic measure was necessary, however now it is, and the Liberals aren't in power now are they?

The honeymoon is over. Time the NDP come up with a plan, besides taking credit for Liberal accomplishments, and handing out jobs to their buddies, by endlessly implementing studies of things that don't require studying, if you have half a brain.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

Carrs Landing Viking likes this post.
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3816
Likes: 3669 posts
Liked in: 5560 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Postby Verum » Feb 1st, 2018, 10:36 pm

Old Techie wrote:...

If the shoe fits wear it. The NDP have been in for a number of months now, and have had time to make changes but haven't.
According to what I read ICBC's loss consists of 900 million that's been accrued under the NDP watch.
Might be good to acknowledge that ICBC hasn't been a money loser for the 16yr Liberal reign, as some would like to portray.

It's more accurately a business that has been confronted with ridiculously high claim increases, and much of that happening in 2017.
Back when the Liberals were given suggestions to cap payouts, things weren't bad, and I can understand why perhaps they didn't feel such a drastic measure was necessary, however now it is, and the Liberals aren't in power now are they?

The honeymoon is over. Time the NDP come up with a plan, besides taking credit for Liberal accomplishments, and handing out jobs to their buddies, by endlessly implementing studies of things that don't require studying, if you have half a brain.

Where do you get your red flavoured Kool Aid? :biggrin:
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply

dmctighe likes this post.
User avatar
Verum
Übergod
 
Posts: 1383
Likes: 698 posts
Liked in: 1031 posts
Joined: Oct 6th, 2017, 12:31 am

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 1st, 2018, 11:06 pm

Verum wrote:
Old Techie wrote:...

If the shoe fits wear it. The NDP have been in for a number of months now, and have had time to make changes but haven't.
According to what I read ICBC's loss consists of 900 million that's been accrued under the NDP watch.
Might be good to acknowledge that ICBC hasn't been a money loser for the 16yr Liberal reign, as some would like to portray.

It's more accurately a business that has been confronted with ridiculously high claim increases, and much of that happening in 2017.
Back when the Liberals were given suggestions to cap payouts, things weren't bad, and I can understand why perhaps they didn't feel such a drastic measure was necessary, however now it is, and the Liberals aren't in power now are they?

The honeymoon is over. Time the NDP come up with a plan, besides taking credit for Liberal accomplishments, and handing out jobs to their buddies, by endlessly implementing studies of things that don't require studying, if you have half a brain.

Where do you get your red flavoured Kool Aid? :biggrin:


A new outlet called "Reality Refreshments", want some? [icon_lol2.gif]
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein
User avatar
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3816
Likes: 3669 posts
Liked in: 5560 posts
Joined: Apr 27th, 2013, 3:47 pm

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Postby lesliepaul » Feb 2nd, 2018, 12:08 am

If Christy Clark left a turd on her desk in her office when she bailed out...........rest assured, Liberal voters over there would vote for it because "its a Liberal turd"..........a lot of stink with no substance.

two_shoes1mit likes this post.
lesliepaul
Übergod
 
Posts: 1249
Likes: 4 posts
Liked in: 1002 posts
Joined: Aug 7th, 2011, 1:56 pm

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Postby casey60 » Feb 5th, 2018, 12:00 pm

Every time I drive by a Ben Stewart Liberal sign I have only one thought,
ICBC, BC Hydro, LNG.
User avatar
casey60
Board Meister
 
Posts: 384
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Sep 19th, 2006, 8:46 am

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 10 guests