Postby HorganIsMyHero » Jan 30th, 2018, 8:08 pm

alfred2 wrote:you have to be kidding who wants to see horgan :biggrin:

Me. He's a Canadian hero.
HorganIsMyHero
Board Meister

Liked in: 234 posts

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Postby Urban Cowboy » Jan 30th, 2018, 8:14 pm

^^ Must have lowered the standards, or removed them altogether, for Horgan to qualify as any type of hero.
Snake oil salesman would be more appropriate.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

2 people like this post.
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 5560 posts

Postby alanjh595 » Jan 30th, 2018, 8:15 pm

HorganIsMyHero wrote:
alfred2 wrote:you have to be kidding who wants to see horgan :biggrin:

Me. He's a Canadian hero.

when did they name a sandwich after him? I am sure it's just loaded with ham and baloney on a hot air bun and no substance.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

3 people like this post.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 2990 posts

Postby ferri » Jan 30th, 2018, 8:17 pm

:topic:
“When someone is nasty or treats you poorly, don't take it personally. It says nothing about you, but a lot about them.” ― Michael Josephson
ferri
Forum Administrator

Liked in: 8940 posts

Postby GordonH » Jan 30th, 2018, 8:44 pm

Old Techie wrote:Must have lowered the standards, or removed them altogether, for Horgan to qualify as any type of hero.
Snake oil salesman would be more appropriate.

I'm still waiting for a politician/s that is not appropriately called a snake oil salesperson. Starting my wait 1 year before I was legally able to vote, I'm currently in my mid to late 50s.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7220 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Verum » Feb 1st, 2018, 12:25 am

I posted a review of tonight's all candidates forum in a different thread, but it is relevant here too:
http://forums.castanet.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=73779&p=2301736#p2301736
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Übergod

Liked in: 1031 posts

Postby GordonH » Feb 1st, 2018, 4:46 am

Kelowna Chamber of Commerce asked each candidate same 8 questions here are there responses:
https://www.kelownachamber.org/advocacy/advocacy/

Added later: this is just added material on each candidate, which added to an all candidates meeting should give a good picture of each candidate. Voters then can make an educated choice of who would be best for this riding.
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
GordonH
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 7220 posts
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 1st, 2018, 9:46 pm

GordonH wrote:Kelowna Chamber of Commerce asked each candidate same 8 questions here are there responses:

Added later: this is just added material on each candidate, which added to an all candidates meeting should give a good picture of each candidate. Voters then can make an educated choice of who would be best for this riding.

LOL So gosh darn predictable, I read the NDP candidates responses, and first she rips into the Liberals, then shortly thereafter proceeds to assign credit to the NDP, for what in essence is the state the Liberals left BC in, as in great unemployment stats, great credit rating, and robust economy. Ummmmmm.......... the NDP didn't do squat toward accomplishing that. [icon_lol2.gif]

Next Horgan will be taking credit for increased cherry exports to Asia, which was also a Liberal accomplishment, and the new school announced in Lake Country, was also put in motion under the Liberal government, though I knew old grinning dufus would be all over that one as a photo op, given that a new school means more members added to the BCTF membership role.
- Robert A. Heinlein

Carrs Landing Viking likes this post.
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board

Postby Verum » Feb 1st, 2018, 10:14 pm

Old Techie wrote:
GordonH wrote:Kelowna Chamber of Commerce asked each candidate same 8 questions here are there responses:

LOL So gosh darn predictable, I read the NDP candidates responses, and first she rips into the Liberals, then shortly thereafter proceeds to assign credit to the NDP, for what in essence is the state the Liberals left BC in, as in great unemployment stats, great credit rating, and robust economy. Ummmmmm.......... the NDP didn't do squat toward accomplishing that. [icon_lol2.gif]

Next Horgan will be taking credit for increased cherry exports to Asia, which was also a Liberal accomplishment, and the new school announced in Lake Country, was also put in motion under the Liberal government, though I knew old grinning dufus would be all over that one as a photo op, given that a new school means more members added to the BCTF membership role.

I trust you'll be ripping into Stewart for blaming the recent ICBC debacle on the NDP, because he did?
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Explains why so few people reply to me, and why I might not reply
Verum
Übergod

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 1st, 2018, 10:24 pm

Verum wrote:
Old Techie wrote:

I trust you'll be ripping into Stewart for blaming the recent ICBC debacle on the NDP, because he did?

If the shoe fits wear it. The NDP have been in for a number of months now, and have had time to make changes but haven't.
According to what I read ICBC's loss consists of 900 million that's been accrued under the NDP watch.
Might be good to acknowledge that ICBC hasn't been a money loser for the 16yr Liberal reign, as some would like to portray.

It's more accurately a business that has been confronted with ridiculously high claim increases, and much of that happening in 2017.
Back when the Liberals were given suggestions to cap payouts, things weren't bad, and I can understand why perhaps they didn't feel such a drastic measure was necessary, however now it is, and the Liberals aren't in power now are they?

The honeymoon is over. Time the NDP come up with a plan, besides taking credit for Liberal accomplishments, and handing out jobs to their buddies, by endlessly implementing studies of things that don't require studying, if you have half a brain.
- Robert A. Heinlein

Carrs Landing Viking likes this post.
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board

Postby Verum » Feb 1st, 2018, 10:36 pm

Old Techie wrote:...

If the shoe fits wear it. The NDP have been in for a number of months now, and have had time to make changes but haven't.
According to what I read ICBC's loss consists of 900 million that's been accrued under the NDP watch.
Might be good to acknowledge that ICBC hasn't been a money loser for the 16yr Liberal reign, as some would like to portray.

It's more accurately a business that has been confronted with ridiculously high claim increases, and much of that happening in 2017.
Back when the Liberals were given suggestions to cap payouts, things weren't bad, and I can understand why perhaps they didn't feel such a drastic measure was necessary, however now it is, and the Liberals aren't in power now are they?

The honeymoon is over. Time the NDP come up with a plan, besides taking credit for Liberal accomplishments, and handing out jobs to their buddies, by endlessly implementing studies of things that don't require studying, if you have half a brain.

Where do you get your red flavoured Kool Aid? :biggrin:

dmctighe likes this post.
Verum
Übergod

Postby Urban Cowboy » Feb 1st, 2018, 11:06 pm

Verum wrote:
Old Techie wrote:...

Where do you get your red flavoured Kool Aid? :biggrin:

A new outlet called "Reality Refreshments", want some? [icon_lol2.gif]
- Robert A. Heinlein
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board

Postby lesliepaul » Feb 2nd, 2018, 12:08 am

If Christy Clark left a turd on her desk in her office when she bailed out...........rest assured, Liberal voters over there would vote for it because "its a Liberal turd"..........a lot of stink with no substance.

two_shoes1mit likes this post.
lesliepaul
Übergod

Liked in: 1002 posts

Postby casey60 » Feb 5th, 2018, 12:00 pm

Every time I drive by a Ben Stewart Liberal sign I have only one thought,
ICBC, BC Hydro, LNG.
casey60
Board Meister

Liked in: 130 posts

PreviousNext