33%
Robert Stupka (GP)
18%

Total votes: 73

Glacier
The Pilgrim

Re: Kelowna West by-election

Post by Glacier »

The NDP is going to absolutely slaughter the Liberals in this by-election!

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 5th, 2018, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Glacier wrote:The NDP is going to absolutely slaughter the Liberals in this by-election!

*removed*

Ben will win unfortunately.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Does anyone know if it's true, one of the candidate cheated on their wife with an employee of their business?
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

gman313 wrote:Does anyone know if it's true, one of the candidate cheated on their wife with an employee of their business?

Does it really matter? Does it make any difference to their ability to represent their constituents?

Sorry, I think this kind of gossip has no place in sensible political discussions.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

so will the same winners- :laugh: - that voted for clark vote liberal again [icon_lol2.gif] :200:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

Verum wrote:
gman313 wrote:Does anyone know if it's true, one of the candidate cheated on their wife with an employee of their business?

Does it really matter? Does it make any difference to their ability to represent their constituents?

Sorry, I think this kind of gossip has no place in sensible political discussions.

yes it does matter , it speaks volumes about there character, unless that does not matter to you people
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

Verum wrote:

integrity is huge for me as is the breakdown of the family unit. If you can't trust someone in a marriage, arguably the most important contract one will take on in life, how can you trust them in any other dealing.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

----------Exactly---------------
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Verum wrote:Does it really matter? Does it make any difference to their ability to represent their constituents?

You mean like how people have been talking about how Trump cheated on his first wife with his second wife, and then cheated on his second wife with his third wife, and now he's in trouble with his third wife and every left winger on the planet is gossiping about who his fourth wife will be?
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
carltonbird

Post by carltonbird »

Totally agree if your own wife/husband can't trust you why on earth should anyone else?
Integrity matters.
Verum
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Verum »

Glacier wrote:
Verum wrote:Does it really matter? Does it make any difference to their ability to represent their constituents?

You mean like how people have been talking about how Trump cheated on his first wife with his second wife, and then cheated on his second wife with his third wife, and now he's in trouble with his third wife and every left winger on the planet is gossiping about who his fourth wife will be?

I agree, Trump's marital fidelity shouldn't be an issue, beyond how it reflects on relevant hypocrisy re religion, etc.

The reason that we shouldn't engage in such gossip is that it rarely results in the truth coming out. We don't know the circumstances, and are highly unlikely to get them. We could be reopening wounds for his wife and family. The problem is that these kinds of personal behaviours is that they are never simple and while I certainly don't excuse infidelity as acceptable, gossip around them results in conclusions being drawn without sufficient knowledge and understanding of the situation.

Politicians, and in particular their families should be entitled to their own private lives which doesn't intersect with political life. That includes Melania Trump and the husbands, wives, partners, children, etc. of those candidates running for election in Kelowna-West.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

:topic:
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Verum wrote:

It has no place if you feel integrity has no place!
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Verum wrote:Politicians, and in particular their families should be entitled to their own private lives which doesn't intersect with political life. That includes Melania Trump and the husbands, wives, partners, children, etc. of those candidates running for election in Kelowna-West.

That may be your vision of a perfect world/utopia, but the reality is that for all politicians, the moment they enter public life, they are put under a microscope and public scrutiny.

If there are any skeletons in the closet they will be found, and used, by opponents, opposition, news media looking for a sensational headline, or what have you.

I recollect Clark's son Hamish being brought into the conversation on a few occasions. I'll let you guess by which side.

I certainly don't agree with it, but that is how things are.

IMO when it pertains directly to the candidate, then it does serve to give potential voters, a glimpse into what they might be getting.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Old Techie wrote:IMO when it pertains directly to the candidate, then it does serve to give potential voters, a glimpse into what they might be getting.

It certainly gives a perspective of his/her personal values.

Would I vote for someone I knew had an affair. Not a hope in Hades as I know from personal experience how it affects the one being cheated on.
So I saw a bumper sticker today that said, I'm a Veterinarian so I drive like an animal.
I suddenly realised how many Proctologists are on the road!

Return to “Central Okanagan”