West Kelowna Raises Taxes

weedlover

West Kelowna Raises Taxes

Post by weedlover »

So the West Kelowna city council has decided to raise taxes yet they are spending tens of thousands of dollars in a futile attempt to sue a dispensary that THEY GAVE a business license to. A business that will be legal in a matter of months and one that is frequented by thousands of West Kelowna residents. You can debate the legality or illegality of the business all you want but the fact is the city issued them a business license for 3yrs in a row knowing full what what was being sold there.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: West Kelowna Raises Taxes

Post by LTD »

so you seriously believe that's the reason for the tax increase lol :135:
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

marijuna will be legal this summer,that doesn,t mean these illegal stores will, if dwk collected fines or taxes which they should have been doing,maybe the tax increase wouldn,t be as high. quit your crying,the good times are hopefully coming to an end for these illegals.
weedlover

Post by weedlover »

No LTD I do not. Did I say that? NO. I said while they are wasting tax dollars they are raising taxes. Learn how to read. LOL
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*Stay on topic and don't start making it personal please. Thanks!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

I know how to read just fine you seem to be confusing that a tax increase has zero to do with some idiots selling pot in a store which is illegal and I'm sure was not on the business license that was issued.
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

it is what it is. Not a lot we as taxpayers can do about it. Every city does it. every single year.

Trip for West Kelowna Mayor.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^You'd be a helluva lot better at it than Mayor McCheese.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
goodswimmer

Post by goodswimmer »

steve mc wrote:marijuna will be legal this summer,that doesn,t mean these illegal stores will, if dwk collected fines or taxes which they should have been doing,maybe the tax increase wouldn,t be as high. quit your crying,the good times are hopefully coming to an end for these illegals.

Illegal??? They did give them a license before and then changed their minds. This is all about money, The highest bidders will get licenses and I bet it will be big corporations. Not fair for the average person out there trying to run a necessary business.

Return to “Central Okanagan”