Rutland police activity

vinnied
Lord of the Board

Re: Rutland police activity

Post by vinnied »

AlienSoldier wrote:
I always thought "getting popped" referred to pop rockets going off in ones mouth. [icon_lol2.gif]

ouch...that sounds painful
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Popped is shot I always thought. Like pop him in the knees
Wonder why you couldn't just remove the dye from the money
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/216855/One-robbery-four-arrests

One robbery, four arrests
Chelsea Powrie - Jan 21, 2018 / 10:00 pm | Story: 216855

One attempted bank robbery and four arrests in Kelowna today just go to show nobody profits from crime.

On Saturday afternoon, RCMP responded to a call about an armed robbery at the TD Canada Trust at 1950 Harvey Avenue. The armed male slipped a note to a teller demanding cash right before closing time at 4 p.m.

While fleeing to a nearby vehicle with an undisclosed amount of cash he exploded a dye pack, rendering the bills marked and therefore worthless. The man dropped the money and left the scene before police arrived.

A 46-year-old male and a female bystander both witnessed this, and the man allegedly chose to pick up the cash and stash it in his female companion's car, who drove it away.

Both now face potential charges, after the man was apprehended and the woman returned with the money.

"Many of our resources, who were responding to the armed bank robbery, were then forced to investigate a subsequent crime committed,” said Cpl. Jesse O’Donaghey with the Kelowna RCMP.

On Sunday afternoon, a man believed to be related to the robbery was tracked to the 100 block of Davie Road in Kelowna. He allegedly broke into a home in the area.

"Kelowna RCMP Police Service Dog Ice, who was brought in to track down and arrest that suspect, led our officers to the man who was found hiding under the stairs inside the home," O'Donaghey said.

Efforts are still underway to secure a residence on that block while a search warrant is processed.

A 44-year-old Kelowna man is in custody facing several potential charges.
I haven't failed until I quit.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

normaM wrote:Popped is shot I always thought. Like pop him in the knees
Wonder why you couldn't just remove the dye from the money

The dye is permanent, hence the article said it was rendered worthless and buddy dropped it because he knew it. Funny, I bet the other two thought "JACKPOT", talk about crime of opportunity.
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

hmm, well guessing the ppl who scooped up the money thought there was a way to get it off.
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

go buy a scanner if you want to know what's going on
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Dummies...

Note to self...

If dood runs out of bank and throws red(blue?) money away.....

Leave it be.....

How could someone be so dumb....wait, their defence will be they scooped it up
to help the Police and Bank collect evidence...they're hero's.....
Last edited by dirtybiker on Jan 22nd, 2018, 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
LordEd
Guru

Post by LordEd »

common_sense_guy wrote:go buy a scanner if you want to know what's going on
Its digital and encrypted.
Health forum: Health, well-being, medicine, aging, digital currency enslavement, depopulation conspiracy.

If you want to discuss anything real, you're in the wrong place.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Lady tehMa wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/216855/One-robbery-four-arrests

One robbery, four arrests
Chelsea Powrie - Jan 21, 2018 / 10:00 pm | Story: 216855

One attempted bank robbery and four arrests in Kelowna today just go to show nobody profits from crime.

On Saturday afternoon, RCMP responded to a call about an armed robbery at the TD Canada Trust at 1950 Harvey Avenue. The armed male slipped a note to a teller demanding cash right before closing time at 4 p.m.

While fleeing to a nearby vehicle with an undisclosed amount of cash he exploded a dye pack, rendering the bills marked and therefore worthless. The man dropped the money and left the scene before police arrived.

A 46-year-old male and a female bystander both witnessed this, and the man allegedly chose to pick up the cash and stash it in his female companion's car, who drove it away.

Both now face potential charges, after the man was apprehended and the woman returned with the money.

"Many of our resources, who were responding to the armed bank robbery, were then forced to investigate a subsequent crime committed,” said Cpl. Jesse O’Donaghey with the Kelowna RCMP.

On Sunday afternoon, a man believed to be related to the robbery was tracked to the 100 block of Davie Road in Kelowna. He allegedly broke into a home in the area.

"Kelowna RCMP Police Service Dog Ice, who was brought in to track down and arrest that suspect, led our officers to the man who was found hiding under the stairs inside the home," O'Donaghey said.

Efforts are still underway to secure a residence on that block while a search warrant is processed.

Am I missing something here? The way the story is written shows only 3 arrests, not 4.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

RVThereYet wrote:The dye is permanent, hence the article said it was rendered worthless and buddy dropped it because he knew it.

This topic has come up around the water cooler more then once. Back when money was made of paper the dye rendered it worthless, however nowadays, bills are all plastic. question is could it be washed off the plastic? not quite as porous as the old paper bills. Sure they want you to believe the dye still works, but does it really?
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Call for Volunteers to test the theory?
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Kelowna860

Post by Kelowna860 »

Anonymous123 wrote:
Lady tehMa wrote:https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/216855/One-robbery-four-arrests

Am I missing something here? The way the story is written shows only 3 arrests, not 4.[/quote]

Jo (Jason) Romain (and three others) were removed from the home in the 100 block of Davie, Jo would be the 44 yr old facing several charges. I'll assume DRUGS WITH INTENT TO SELL; POSESSION OF STOLEN PROPERTY(A LOT OF IT); WEAPONS; FRAUD; ID THEFT..... the list could possibly go on and on....
How was he related to the robbery? I'm only guessing but probably used some stoner to do the crime, common practice to get some poor addicted kid to do the dirty work for a couple of rocks of crack, meth, etc. If this theory is correct, you can bet the two committing the "crime of opportunity" were not standing by the TD bank by coincidence but part of the overall plan.
Good luck getting out of this one, Romain - Glad your not "afraid of the cops" cause you'll be seeing a lot of them in the future...

Return to “Central Okanagan”