Let's talk about pot

Danielson99
Board Meister

Re: Let's talk about pot

Post by Danielson99 »

MAPearce wrote:All I can say about pot is it STINKS ...

And you can shove the medical "benefits" of smoking it up your yang.. Smoking ANYTHING is harmful because human lungs just . aren't . meant . to take in and process smoke of any kind INCLUDING "vaping"..

Eating it may be fine , I'll give you that but all you pot smokers .... well ... you STINK .. straight up .

So then just use it in edible forms like tinctures etc. All the same great effects without the damage. But keep in mind how hypocritical some are for despising one drug because its harmful effects but your bathroom cabinet is full of straight up garbage prescribed by your doctor that has far worse effects than MJ ever will.

If you choose to smoke it, use an extracted form that removes all the plant material that causes the problems. Live and learn.
featfan
Guru

Post by featfan »

Why not just get a vaporizer.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

So then just use it in edible forms like tinctures etc. All the same great effects without the damage. But keep in mind how hypocritical some are for despising one drug because its harmful effects but your bathroom cabinet is full of straight up garbage prescribed by your doctor that has far worse effects than MJ ever will.

I said that , right ??? Edible form ..

And I'm not despising a "drug" ,but merely pointing out the hypocrisy of advocating for one when it's KNOWN TO ALL HUMAN KIND that smoking said drug is , has and will always be critically detrimental to any sort of healing ...

And as for the garbage prescribed by "my doctor" ... You're bang on IMO . They're pill pushers brought to you by " The Good Folks at Johnson and Johnson" .. I don't even take Ibuprofen for headaches.
Last edited by MAPearce on Jan 30th, 2018, 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

MAPearce wrote:I said that , right ??? Edible form ..

And I'm not despising a "drug" ,but merely positioning out the hypocrisy of advocating for one when it's KNOWN TO ALL HUMAN KIND that smoking said drug is , has and will always be critically detrimental to any sort of healing ...

And as for the garbage prescribed by "my doctor" ... You're bang on IMO . They're pill pushers brought to you by " The Good Folks at Johnson and Johnson" .. I don't even take Ibuprofen for headaches.

This is a forum. I stated how hypocritical "some" are, not just you. I'm not talking about your literal doctor, I'm talking about everyone's doctor. Perhaps I could have worded things differently.

That's great you don't put harmful things into your body. It's not every day you meet someone who doesn't take medications of any kind, drink coffee or alcohol, smoke cigarettes or MJ and doesn't even eat meat knowing how carcinogenic it is. But the fact is, 99% of us do one of all of those things every day. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say marijuana is evil and it makes people take harder drugs, like as if they have any right telling anybody how to live their life. They should just zip it and look after their own. If someone smokes marijuana to help with their glaucoma, speech impediments, epilepsy or whatever else, I'm glad they do because any bad effects from 'smoking it' are far outweighed by the benefits they receive. To think other people actually want to legally stop people from using it is insane. Especially when many of these people smoke cigarettes and/or drink alcohol etc. Hypocrisy is rampant.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You lost me at "meat knowing how carcinogenic it is". What makes moose carcinogenic? And when you can answer that - then maybe I'll read the rest of your post. But if one fact is wrong, then that makes the rest suspect.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Danielson99
Board Meister

Post by Danielson99 »

Fancy wrote:You lost me at "meat knowing how carcinogenic it is". What makes moose carcinogenic? And when you can answer that - then maybe I'll read the rest of your post. But if one fact is wrong, then that makes the rest suspect.

I'm sorry, I should have realized there are some that just don't know about these things. Feel free to do a google search for "what makes meat carcinogenic" and you will have your answers after doing a bit of due diligence reading what our scientists have told us on this subject.

There's a reason why the WHO has classified processed meats as a Group 1 carcinogen. They based their rating on findings from over 800 studies done around the world that prove eating processed meats causes increases in colorectal cancer. But hey, all the info is out there. I'm not here to educate anyone, just here to give my opinion on 'pot'.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

That's great you don't put harmful things into your body. It's not every day you meet someone who doesn't take medications of any kind, drink coffee or alcohol, smoke cigarettes or MJ and doesn't even eat meat knowing how carcinogenic it is. But the fact is, 99% of us do one of all of those things every day. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say marijuana is evil and it makes people take harder drugs, like as if they have any right telling anybody how to live their life. They should just zip it and look after their own. If someone smokes marijuana to help with their glaucoma, speech impediments, epilepsy or whatever else, I'm glad they do because any bad effects from 'smoking it' are far outweighed by the benefits they receive. To think other people actually want to legally stop people from using it is insane. Especially when many of these people smoke cigarettes and/or drink alcohol etc. Hypocrisy is rampant

I do ALL kinds of harmful stuff.. I eat meat by the PANTLOAD . I swear , pick my nose and don't wash after having a p!$$..

I also smoke cigs .. I know it`s bad , but I struggle to quit.

But I do know that lungs aren't made for the inhalation of ANY kind of smoke , or small particulate matter , because they weren't built for removing it .. For any doctor or pot advocate to lobby for the medicinal "benefits" of smoking pot is just . plain . wrong .

That was my point , my post and I stick to it .

Nuff said .

Edited to highlight the hypocritical part ....OK ?
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Danielson99 wrote:
Fancy wrote:You lost me at "meat knowing how carcinogenic it is". What makes moose carcinogenic? And when you can answer that - then maybe I'll read the rest of your post. But if one fact is wrong, then that makes the rest suspect.

I'm sorry, I should have realized there are some that just don't know about these things. Feel free to do a google search for "what makes meat carcinogenic" and you will have your answers after doing a bit of due diligence reading what our scientists have told us on this subject.

There's a reason why the WHO has classified processed meats as a Group 1 carcinogen. They based their rating on findings from over 800 studies done around the world that prove eating processed meats causes increases in colorectal cancer. But hey, all the info is out there. I'm not here to educate anyone, just here to give my opinion on 'pot'.

Yes but look at the stats shown in the articles. Average chance of colorectal cancer 5% is increased to 6% in someone who eats lots of processed meats. From article:

According to the IARC review, for every 50 grams (1.8 ounces) of meat eaten on a daily basis - so two rashers of bacon a day - the average risk of developing colon cancer is 18 percent higher. As Joshua A. Krisch explains at Vocativ, right now, your lifetime risk of colorectal cancer is about five percent. This means that if you eat 50 grams of processed meat every day, your risk for colorectal cancer increases by 18 percent of five percent - so your total risk is 5.9 percent.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

This might go under "unintended consquences" for the legalization of pot industry, the loss of vegetables being grown here.

Seriously, lose enough fresh home grown vegetables and their price rises, faster than ever.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#217745
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

But if you smoke pot you don't much care about eating vegetables and can't afford them anyway.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Sudsy - pot is cheap. Super cheap.
Going to be legal no matter who complains... more interested in how they intent to control kids from smoking dope
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Who knows, maybe dope might be the medicine to cure ADHD?

I can't see that anyone could smoke dope and go out to play football afterwards either.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

normaM wrote:Sudsy - pot is cheap. Super cheap.

PM me as to where you get yours then because from what someone tells me who uses it you're wrong.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Mtn Biker
Übergod

Post by Mtn Biker »

alanjh595 wrote:Who knows, maybe dope might be the medicine to cure ADHD?

I can't see that anyone could smoke dope and go out to play football afterwards either.

Not true. It’s funny how little people know about pot. Basically there are two main strains and each has a different effect. In my case weed does not impair my ability to function. I know I am not alone and here is my reality. For many many years I have chosen weed prior to mountain biking, golf, competitive rugby, touch football, softball, ice hockey, you name it. I am a pretty solid athlete, in the day anyhow, and in no way shape or form has weed ever negatively impaired my ability to function physically or mentally. I won’t say it enhances it either, but it does create more enjoyment of many aforementioned activities. That said, I don’t partake and drive, before or during work hours, and for other reasons and circumstances. It’s a recreational thing with me, sometime medicinal. I don’t and will not take Tylenol or Ibuprofen as there is mounting evidence regarding the negative effects these drugs have on our body systems, and I have close friends who suffer from the effects of these common over the counter drugs. Suffer badly. As for the bylaw changes, it doesn’t take a political strategist or a rocket scientist to understand what is happening – just like after prohibition, the government knows it cannot stop the use of the product, so they are looking high and low to control it and therefore tax it. Government and big pharma want this, and the little man who has invested and built an industry and business, is going to be arrested if they don’t cease and desist. That is as criminal as any other aspect of this story. That is how government works, they will make it illegal to produce and sell, except for themselves and their financial contributing heavy weights from the billion dollar business of drugs and profit. In the end, most will begin growing their own once possession is no longer illegal.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

alanjh595 wrote:Who knows, maybe dope might be the medicine to cure ADHD?

i know someone with adhd who has tried many meds for it over the years , with not much luck-side effects- she decided to try mj about 6 months ago, she said she should of tried mj years ago, she is very happy with results
Last edited by the truth on Feb 1st, 2018, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

Return to “Central Okanagan”