Let's talk about pot

Re: Let's talk about pot

Postby Danielson99 » Jan 29th, 2018, 5:55 pm

MAPearce wrote:All I can say about pot is it STINKS ...

And you can shove the medical "benefits" of smoking it up your yang.. Smoking ANYTHING is harmful because human lungs just . aren't . meant . to take in and process smoke of any kind INCLUDING "vaping"..

Eating it may be fine , I'll give you that but all you pot smokers .... well ... you STINK .. straight up .


So then just use it in edible forms like tinctures etc. All the same great effects without the damage. But keep in mind how hypocritical some are for despising one drug because its harmful effects but your bathroom cabinet is full of straight up garbage prescribed by your doctor that has far worse effects than MJ ever will.

If you choose to smoke it, use an extracted form that removes all the plant material that causes the problems. Live and learn.

voice of reason likes this post.
Danielson99
Board Meister
 
Posts: 653
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 368 posts
Joined: May 12th, 2008, 9:47 pm

Re: Let's talk about pot

Postby featfan » Jan 29th, 2018, 6:12 pm

Why not just get a vaporizer.

voice of reason likes this post.
featfan
Board Meister
 
Posts: 609
Likes: 434 posts
Liked in: 193 posts
Joined: Jul 21st, 2005, 11:48 am

Re: Let's talk about pot

Postby MAPearce » Jan 29th, 2018, 8:11 pm

So then just use it in edible forms like tinctures etc. All the same great effects without the damage. But keep in mind how hypocritical some are for despising one drug because its harmful effects but your bathroom cabinet is full of straight up garbage prescribed by your doctor that has far worse effects than MJ ever will.


I said that , right ??? Edible form ..

And I'm not despising a "drug" ,but merely pointing out the hypocrisy of advocating for one when it's KNOWN TO ALL HUMAN KIND that smoking said drug is , has and will always be critically detrimental to any sort of healing ...

And as for the garbage prescribed by "my doctor" ... You're bang on IMO . They're pill pushers brought to you by " The Good Folks at Johnson and Johnson" .. I don't even take Ibuprofen for headaches.
Last edited by MAPearce on Jan 30th, 2018, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

dirtybiker likes this post.
User avatar
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10539
Likes: 1367 posts
Liked in: 3630 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2009, 6:15 pm

Re: Let's talk about pot

Postby Danielson99 » Jan 29th, 2018, 8:45 pm

MAPearce wrote:I said that , right ??? Edible form ..

And I'm not despising a "drug" ,but merely positioning out the hypocrisy of advocating for one when it's KNOWN TO ALL HUMAN KIND that smoking said drug is , has and will always be critically detrimental to any sort of healing ...

And as for the garbage prescribed by "my doctor" ... You're bang on IMO . They're pill pushers brought to you by " The Good Folks at Johnson and Johnson" .. I don't even take Ibuprofen for headaches.


This is a forum. I stated how hypocritical "some" are, not just you. I'm not talking about your literal doctor, I'm talking about everyone's doctor. Perhaps I could have worded things differently.

That's great you don't put harmful things into your body. It's not every day you meet someone who doesn't take medications of any kind, drink coffee or alcohol, smoke cigarettes or MJ and doesn't even eat meat knowing how carcinogenic it is. But the fact is, 99% of us do one of all of those things every day. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say marijuana is evil and it makes people take harder drugs, like as if they have any right telling anybody how to live their life. They should just zip it and look after their own. If someone smokes marijuana to help with their glaucoma, speech impediments, epilepsy or whatever else, I'm glad they do because any bad effects from 'smoking it' are far outweighed by the benefits they receive. To think other people actually want to legally stop people from using it is insane. Especially when many of these people smoke cigarettes and/or drink alcohol etc. Hypocrisy is rampant.
Danielson99
Board Meister
 
Posts: 653
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 368 posts
Joined: May 12th, 2008, 9:47 pm

Re: Let's talk about pot

Postby Fancy » Jan 29th, 2018, 9:15 pm

You lost me at "meat knowing how carcinogenic it is". What makes moose carcinogenic? And when you can answer that - then maybe I'll read the rest of your post. But if one fact is wrong, then that makes the rest suspect.
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
User avatar
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim
 
Posts: 45114
Likes: 1113 posts
Liked in: 5774 posts
Joined: Apr 15th, 2006, 6:23 pm

Re: Let's talk about pot

Postby Danielson99 » Jan 29th, 2018, 10:52 pm

Fancy wrote:You lost me at "meat knowing how carcinogenic it is". What makes moose carcinogenic? And when you can answer that - then maybe I'll read the rest of your post. But if one fact is wrong, then that makes the rest suspect.


I'm sorry, I should have realized there are some that just don't know about these things. Feel free to do a google search for "what makes meat carcinogenic" and you will have your answers after doing a bit of due diligence reading what our scientists have told us on this subject.

There's a reason why the WHO has classified processed meats as a Group 1 carcinogen. They based their rating on findings from over 800 studies done around the world that prove eating processed meats causes increases in colorectal cancer. But hey, all the info is out there. I'm not here to educate anyone, just here to give my opinion on 'pot'.
Danielson99
Board Meister
 
Posts: 653
Likes: 2 posts
Liked in: 368 posts
Joined: May 12th, 2008, 9:47 pm

Re: Let's talk about pot

Postby MAPearce » Jan 29th, 2018, 11:00 pm

That's great you don't put harmful things into your body. It's not every day you meet someone who doesn't take medications of any kind, drink coffee or alcohol, smoke cigarettes or MJ and doesn't even eat meat knowing how carcinogenic it is. But the fact is, 99% of us do one of all of those things every day. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say marijuana is evil and it makes people take harder drugs, like as if they have any right telling anybody how to live their life. They should just zip it and look after their own. If someone smokes marijuana to help with their glaucoma, speech impediments, epilepsy or whatever else, I'm glad they do because any bad effects from 'smoking it' are far outweighed by the benefits they receive. To think other people actually want to legally stop people from using it is insane. Especially when many of these people smoke cigarettes and/or drink alcohol etc. Hypocrisy is rampant


I do ALL kinds of harmful stuff.. I eat meat by the PANTLOAD . I swear , pick my nose and don't wash after having a p!$$..

I also smoke cigs .. I know it`s bad , but I struggle to quit.

But I do know that lungs aren't made for the inhalation of ANY kind of smoke , or small particulate matter , because they weren't built for removing it .. For any doctor or pot advocate to lobby for the medicinal "benefits" of smoking pot is just . plain . wrong .

That was my point , my post and I stick to it .

Nuff said .

Edited to highlight the hypocritical part ....OK ?
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..
User avatar
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10539
Likes: 1367 posts
Liked in: 3630 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2009, 6:15 pm

Re: Let's talk about pot

Postby dodgerdodge » Jan 29th, 2018, 11:13 pm

Danielson99 wrote:
Fancy wrote:You lost me at "meat knowing how carcinogenic it is". What makes moose carcinogenic? And when you can answer that - then maybe I'll read the rest of your post. But if one fact is wrong, then that makes the rest suspect.


I'm sorry, I should have realized there are some that just don't know about these things. Feel free to do a google search for "what makes meat carcinogenic" and you will have your answers after doing a bit of due diligence reading what our scientists have told us on this subject.

There's a reason why the WHO has classified processed meats as a Group 1 carcinogen. They based their rating on findings from over 800 studies done around the world that prove eating processed meats causes increases in colorectal cancer. But hey, all the info is out there. I'm not here to educate anyone, just here to give my opinion on 'pot'.


Yes but look at the stats shown in the articles. Average chance of colorectal cancer 5% is increased to 6% in someone who eats lots of processed meats. From article:

According to the IARC review, for every 50 grams (1.8 ounces) of meat eaten on a daily basis - so two rashers of bacon a day - the average risk of developing colon cancer is 18 percent higher. As Joshua A. Krisch explains at Vocativ, right now, your lifetime risk of colorectal cancer is about five percent. This means that if you eat 50 grams of processed meat every day, your risk for colorectal cancer increases by 18 percent of five percent - so your total risk is 5.9 percent.
dodgerdodge
Übergod
 
Posts: 1510
Likes: 110 posts
Liked in: 387 posts
Joined: Jun 9th, 2010, 7:35 am

Re: Let's talk about pot

Postby Queen K » Feb 1st, 2018, 8:21 am

This might go under "unintended consquences" for the legalization of pot industry, the loss of vegetables being grown here.

Seriously, lose enough fresh home grown vegetables and their price rises, faster than ever.



https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#217745
Our saddest days are when we add up our losses, and losses seem to be our saddest when we lose our best. Proud to be a "Leaf-licker" and I know who else is too. **smiles**
User avatar
Queen K
Queen of the Castle
 
Posts: 52110
Likes: 11661 posts
Liked in: 12109 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2007, 12:39 pm
Location: What? You mean here?

Re: Let's talk about pot

Postby Bsuds » Feb 1st, 2018, 8:25 am

But if you smoke pot you don't much care about eating vegetables and can't afford them anyway.
I have never tried Yoga but I bent over to pick up my keys once so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it.
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 42134
Likes: 8175 posts
Liked in: 10353 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Let's talk about pot

Postby normaM » Feb 1st, 2018, 8:29 am

Sudsy - pot is cheap. Super cheap.
Going to be legal no matter who complains... more interested in how they intent to control kids from smoking dope
Don't think yourself as an ugly person... Think of yourself as a beautiful monkey
User avatar
normaM
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 14998
Likes: 3389 posts
Liked in: 1986 posts
Joined: Sep 18th, 2007, 7:28 am

Re: Let's talk about pot

Postby alanjh595 » Feb 1st, 2018, 8:34 am

Who knows, maybe dope might be the medicine to cure ADHD?

I can't see that anyone could smoke dope and go out to play football afterwards either.
User avatar
alanjh595
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3593
Likes: 1425 posts
Liked in: 2234 posts
Joined: Oct 20th, 2017, 5:18 pm

Re: Let's talk about pot

Postby Bsuds » Feb 1st, 2018, 8:36 am

normaM wrote:Sudsy - pot is cheap. Super cheap.


PM me as to where you get yours then because from what someone tells me who uses it you're wrong.
I have never tried Yoga but I bent over to pick up my keys once so I'm pretty sure I wouldn't like it.
User avatar
Bsuds
The Wagon Master
 
Posts: 42134
Likes: 8175 posts
Liked in: 10353 posts
Joined: Apr 21st, 2005, 10:46 am

Re: Let's talk about pot

Postby Mtn Biker » Feb 1st, 2018, 9:20 am

alanjh595 wrote:Who knows, maybe dope might be the medicine to cure ADHD?

I can't see that anyone could smoke dope and go out to play football afterwards either.


Not true. It’s funny how little people know about pot. Basically there are two main strains and each has a different effect. In my case weed does not impair my ability to function. I know I am not alone and here is my reality. For many many years I have chosen weed prior to mountain biking, golf, competitive rugby, touch football, softball, ice hockey, you name it. I am a pretty solid athlete, in the day anyhow, and in no way shape or form has weed ever negatively impaired my ability to function physically or mentally. I won’t say it enhances it either, but it does create more enjoyment of many aforementioned activities. That said, I don’t partake and drive, before or during work hours, and for other reasons and circumstances. It’s a recreational thing with me, sometime medicinal. I don’t and will not take Tylenol or Ibuprofen as there is mounting evidence regarding the negative effects these drugs have on our body systems, and I have close friends who suffer from the effects of these common over the counter drugs. Suffer badly. As for the bylaw changes, it doesn’t take a political strategist or a rocket scientist to understand what is happening – just like after prohibition, the government knows it cannot stop the use of the product, so they are looking high and low to control it and therefore tax it. Government and big pharma want this, and the little man who has invested and built an industry and business, is going to be arrested if they don’t cease and desist. That is as criminal as any other aspect of this story. That is how government works, they will make it illegal to produce and sell, except for themselves and their financial contributing heavy weights from the billion dollar business of drugs and profit. In the end, most will begin growing their own once possession is no longer illegal.

Troutcreeker likes this post.
Mtn Biker
Generalissimo Postalot
 
Posts: 864
Likes: 16 posts
Liked in: 285 posts
Joined: Apr 11th, 2008, 1:22 pm

Re: Let's talk about pot

Postby the truth » Feb 1st, 2018, 9:54 am

alanjh595 wrote:Who knows, maybe dope might be the medicine to cure ADHD?

I can't see that anyone could smoke dope and go out to play football afterwards either.


i know someone with adhd who has tried many meds for it over the years , with not much luck-side effects- she decided to try mj about 6 months ago, she said she should of tried mj years ago, she is very happy with results
Last edited by the truth on Feb 1st, 2018, 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 14002
Likes: 8779 posts
Liked in: 5197 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 2 guests