The Kelowna Airport and the #FakeNewsMedia

Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Re: The Kelowna Airport and the #FakeNewsMedia

Post by Dizzy1 »

Glacier wrote:Those lists tend to not list the Calgary/Springbank Airport and the Montréal-Mirabel International Airport even though they are both much busier than Kelowna in terms of plane traffic, but they aren't counted because they don't have any commercial flights.

P.S. 11 Question Canadian Airport Quiz for you... https://questioningthedata.polldaddy.co ... n-airports

Huh? Airports like Springbank are counted on those lists. There are different lists, pax movements, aircraft movements, freight movement, etc. Private flights don't count pax numbers because by definition, they aren't commercial pax.

Private airdromes such as YFI, HZP or JHL aren't counted as they generally only see private passengers on charter flights - YFI (Suncor's Firebag Aerodrome) saw over half a million pax in 2017.

YLW's pax numbers will increase more in 2018 as both WestJet and Air Canada are upping frequencies.

The airline is increasing the number of flights between Vancouver and Kelowna by nine a week, meaning it will now fly between the two cities seven times a day.

WestJet will also offer one more flight a week between Calgary and Kelowna, and two more flights a week between Edmonton and Kelowna.

That will mean seven flights a day between YYC and YLW, and seven flights each business day between YEG and YLW.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... o-Okanagan

Edmonton-Kelowna – year-round

AC8395 YEG-YLW Edmonton at 08:40 Kelowna at 08:59
AC8394 YLW-YEG Kelowna at 09:30 Edmonton at 11:51

AC8403 YEG-YLW Edmonton at 16:05 Kelowna at 16:24
AC8404 YLW-YEG Kelowna at 16:55 Edmonton at 19:16

http://markets.businessinsider.com/news ... 1014564466
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
forumdoug
Übergod

Post by forumdoug »

While I, too, question the accuracy of such statement (i.e., 9th, 10th or 11th), such a statement hardly constitutes "fake news" nor is it particularly serious. It's a fairly innocuous error in a single statistic. :(

Fake news is when media organizations like CNN, MSNBC, ABC News and even CBC purposefully misstate facts, get important dates wrong or misquote sources when such information materially changes the story's narrative. Worse yet, fake news is when the editorial departments of mainstream media organizations allow themselves to be perverted by often nefarious and anonymous sources, which are usually paid strategists and consultants, that either supply propaganda news stories, demand a favourable editorial slant or coverage from a particular angle as a quid pro quo for a coveted "exclusive" or "exclusive sit down interview," of which said strategists and consultants will dictate the questions. :(

This is just sloppy reporting, not fake news. :)

#micdrop ?

Cheers,
Doug
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

forumdoug wrote:While I, too, question the accuracy of such statement (i.e., 9th, 10th or 11th), such a statement hardly constitutes "fake news" nor is it particularly serious. It's a fairly innocuous error in a single statistic. :(

Fake news is when media organizations like CNN, MSNBC, ABC News and even CBC purposefully misstate facts, get important dates wrong or misquote sources when such information materially changes the story's narrative. Worse yet, fake news is when the editorial departments of mainstream media organizations allow themselves to be perverted by often nefarious and anonymous sources, which are usually paid strategists and consultants, that either supply propaganda news stories, demand a favourable editorial slant or coverage from a particular angle as a quid pro quo for a coveted "exclusive" or "exclusive sit down interview," of which said strategists and consultants will dictate the questions. :(

This is just sloppy reporting, not fake news. :)

#micdrop ?

Cheers,
Doug

I agree, its not even remotely close to "fake news", but it's also not "sloppy reporting". Given the fact that this is the OPs second thread in as many weeks on his personal displeasure towards YLW, the OP just seems to be making something out of nothing.
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Dizzy1 wrote:I agree, its not even remotely close to "fake news", but it's also not "sloppy reporting". Given the fact that this is the OPs second thread in as many weeks on his personal displeasure towards YLW, the OP just seems to be making something out of nothing.

It's called a slow news day. I figured it was better than posting dick pics.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Glacier wrote:
Dizzy1 wrote:I agree, its not even remotely close to "fake news", but it's also not "sloppy reporting". Given the fact that this is the OPs second thread in as many weeks on his personal displeasure towards YLW, the OP just seems to be making something out of nothing.

It's called a slow news day. I figured it was better than posting dick pics.

That's debatable ;-O

Return to “Central Okanagan”