IHA attempting to close Rehablitation Pool at KGH

grapefruit
Fledgling

Re: IHA attempting to close Rehablitation Pool at KGH

Post by grapefruit »

Queen K wrote:I'll throw in $500 if eleven other people do.

Yep....i'm good for that too :130:
grapefruit
Fledgling

Post by grapefruit »

GordonH wrote:
Queen K wrote:I'll throw in $500 if eleven other people do.

Veovis wrote:OMG what a Pandora's box that might create. Then gov gets reliant on gofund me's to allocate budgets...need more staff....gofundme...need new needles....you got it....scary.

I get it and it could be done, heck people make donations all the time, it's all good, and I applaud it, it just sounds dirty when it's gofundme somehow.

The thing is a number of organizations do fund raisers (i.e KGH auxiliary etc...etc) to enable medical devised to be donated to KGH. As well other Hospitals all over..... what do you think many of those Hospital Lottery's are for in BC.

Added: https://www.kghfoundation.com/top-priority-needs/

There are 3 plaques in the hall outside the pool with 140 names of people and organizations that donated $500 or more when this pool opened in 1989.
daveandanne
Übergod

Post by daveandanne »

The exact same thing happened Years ago with the Cottonwoods pool which was built with money [250,000? ] raised by the volunteers and I think they filled it in and put a floor over it for the family visitors. Plus they closed the kitchen and now bring in re-thermed food from Vernon? The trucking of it for all of the places defies the logic of a carbon footprint. Now the laundry follows the same carbon savings? too. Why don't they just close the hospitals and old folks homes and just let the lower class people die as this seems to be the case?. What a way to run a railroad or is it we are being railroaded?.
grapefruit
Fledgling

Post by grapefruit »

Well I think Interior Health finally listened to the people. Parts for the pool are being shipped. Thanks IHA
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

How did you get this good news? :D
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
grapefruit
Fledgling

Post by grapefruit »

Oh I'm privvy to some good stuff lol!!! Global news are doing a piece on it tonight. Poor IHA must just love me
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:130: I know many people who use the pool there and they will be apprised of "grapefruit's efforts."

They thank you already. Lol.

What do you think Veovis?
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
grapefruit
Fledgling

Post by grapefruit »

What's the saying? "It takes a village...." Well a whole bunch of people made this happen. Thanks Castanet and Global :up:
galore

Post by galore »

Good news from "grapefruit" but last I saw was on Jan 30th..Is there any newer info to get us patients back into the pool?
grapefruit
Fledgling

Post by grapefruit »

Last I heard the parts were being shipped. However this is IHA we're talking about so we the public need to keep the pressure on the powers who be. I have spoken to people whose rehabilitation is stalled and are suffering greatly by the closure of this pool. I'm starting to get my protest placard ready :200:
Veovis
Guru

Post by Veovis »

Queen K wrote::130: I know many people who use the pool there and they will be apprised of "grapefruit's efforts."

They thank you already. Lol.

What do you think Veovis?

It's good news. Glad to hear it. Hopefully a long term solution can be found as well if this one is past the best before date though.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Agreed, it needs a larger change facility, better wheelchair access, wheelchair showers, and room for a worker to be in with them, ask me how I know.

But in the meantime, there are people suffering who need the therapy.

What is to be done?
galore

Post by galore »

Our tax dollars keep KGH operating, why? Are the people that have to use the pool second class citizens?? I am personally aware of people putting off or avoiding surgery via the use of the therapy pool (me too). What really rankles is the lack of information from IHA senior managers. That leaves approx. 130 patients a day with no knowledge of the reasons for this state of affairs. Don't we deserve to know what rational there is for this?
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

how are the parts being shipped , anything can be repaired within 48hrs,these guys make me sick.
youjustcomplain
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by youjustcomplain »

steve mc wrote:how are the parts being shipped , anything can be repaired within 48hrs,these guys make me sick.

Likely has nothing to do with shipping.
Large companies rely on a purchasing team which may be restricted to using specific vendors as per contracts. Yes, it slows things down and often causes higher costs but..... oh... there is really no pro's to this. :(

Return to “Central Okanagan”