IHA attempting to close Rehablitation Pool at KGH

grapefruit
Fledgling

Re: IHA attempting to close Rehablitation Pool at KGH

Post by grapefruit »

So the pool is still closed and it's been nearly 16 weeks!! I know the parts have been ordered and I know it's being assembled and shipped from the East but if this was Chris Mazerkuwich (or how ever you spell his name) getting his ensuite bathroom built for his office, it would have been done in a week. Shame on the powers who be.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Is it getting shipped by donkey cart? Because this is an outrage to all those who really need hydro therapy.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
grapefruit
Fledgling

Post by grapefruit »

Queen K wrote:Is it getting shipped by donkey cart? Because this is an outrage to all those who really need hydro therapy.

More like a donkey with no legs and a cart with no wheels
westernrider
Fledgling

Post by westernrider »

Castanet news update.

In response to the latest concerns, IH issued a brief two-line email.

"It is an old facility and work is underway to get the pool reopened. The status of the pool is quickly changing, and when we have more information, we will share it with you."

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#224077
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

WOW STILL not fixed what a joke someone should be fired
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
galore

Post by galore »

Interesting to have a very brief comment by IHA - maybe someone up there has a bit of concern over the terrible PR they have and will continue to have by their silence to date about this issue. Would also be interesting to see if one of the senior managers at IHA needed pool therapy. I wonder what would happen then?? To date IHA has left the staff to spin in the wind. I have to credit them who at least are sympathetic, even though being muzzled about commenting on the status of the pool.
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

id hate to think of how much worse the physio program would be than it already is - if the union physios cant have their morning gab session in the heated pool.
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.
galore

Post by galore »

The silence isn't due to union members missing their daily hot tub and coffee - this directly is the responsibility of management who have muzzled these members against speaking and passing out current information. I have no issue with staff, although muzzled they have been very sympathetic to those of us needing therapy. Management being silent and no comment has really resulted in a needless PR disaster for them.
grapefruit
Fledgling

Post by grapefruit »

galore wrote:The silence isn't due to union members missing their daily hot tub and coffee - this directly is the responsibility of management who have muzzled these members against speaking and passing out current information. I have no issue with staff, although muzzled they have been very sympathetic to those of us needing therapy. Management being silent and no comment has really resulted in a needless PR disaster for them.

Absolutely agree with you, the staff are very sympathetic to our needs. It is pure bullying on the part of IHA regarding the muzzling of staff. If they comment about the pool their jobs could be in jeopardy. The pool has now been closed 19 weeks today. This is absolutely unacceptable bs!! Anybody have any ideas? I'm willing to organize a little protest outside on Abbott street. Please pm me if interested
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

According to report on CHBC the pool is reopened, it's sounds like they want some patients to seek other facilities within the area for their ongoing treatment i.e Parkinson Rec.

As far as I know no other facility has a pool similar or keeps water temperature at same level.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
grapefruit
Fledgling

Post by grapefruit »

GordonH wrote:According to report on CHBC the pool is reopened, it's sounds like they want some patients to seek other facilities within the area for their ongoing treatment i.e Parkinson Rec.

As far as I know no other facility has a pool similar or keeps water temperature at same level.

Finally!!!! I guess I don't qualify for it's use anymore though. I've used that pool for 3 years as a paying customer. Like many others who frequent the pool, I have mobility issues and benefit greatly from the warm water.
I really don't know what else to say except "IHA you suck"
Last edited by grapefruit on May 4th, 2018, 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
motorhomebabe
Lord of the Board

Post by motorhomebabe »

Just shaking my head here. Another instance of cuts driving up healthcare costs. And another thought on this, We are apparently in the middle of an opioid crisis ,so instead of giving chronic pain people physical therapy lets just give them more opioids.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I know people who are going to be devastated. :cry:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

its open, well kind of https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#225488 honestly the people in charge of this issue are useless ,
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
burnedatstake
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by burnedatstake »

i feel sorry for the lazy physios and those under retainer for the worksafe programs. their opportunities to lounge in the heated tub doing nothing but shoot the breeze after handing you a sheet of paper are not there anymore. how do they fill that time now? do they actually help the clients? or just make them do things to keep busy while giving glowing reports and progress benchmarks regardless of the injury being fixed or rather - in many cases - not fixed?
the capitalist idea of liberty is that one persons right to profit can be greater than another persons right to live.

Return to “Central Okanagan”