Home based business bylaw

Re: Home based business bylaw

Postby dominik » Jan 27th, 2018, 11:27 am

As some pointed out already, you cannot have marked, or special purpose vehicles in number at your property. Any commercial vehicle which provides service offsite, needs to be stored at a commercial location.

This does not mean however that you can't have a normal vehicle/pickup truck, which is also your primary mode of personal transportation, parked on your property.

Home based businesses can only be home based for as long as they don't interfere with the neighbourhood and community plan, and any kind of strata restrictions. We are talking truly small businesses nothing on a larger commercial scale.

I hate to say it but the OP's business has outgrown their home apparently quite a while ago, in this case the By-Law enforcement officer just notified her of that... in an admittedly expensive way (actually informing them would have been better, that being said it is up to the business operator to know their restrictions).

lightspeed likes this post.
dominik
Fledgling

Liked in: 168 posts

Re: Home based business bylaw

Postby Temet Nosce » Jan 28th, 2018, 3:53 pm

TreeGuy wrote:And then there is this lady.

Wish he was my Bylaw Officer :biggrin: jk...She should move to DLC they don't enforce anything. I thought he was very patient though.

2 people like this post.
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Liked in: 515 posts

Previous

Return to Central Okanagan