Regarding new zoning change on 255 Taylor Road

Regarding new zoning change on 255 Taylor Road

Postby kenofkelowna » Jan 27th, 2018, 5:50 pm

Multiple dwellings again from single family zoning, and 24 units even. 16 units proposed for 3 bdrms and the other 8 units 2 bdrms. Just think of the extra traffic as we already have 3 speed bumps on this road. Why, because of speeding and high traffic volume is why. The traffic chord they layed to determine that and justify same. When the snow comes the road is saturated with guests cars of the complex at the corner of Taylor road and Hwy.33
Theypark along the sidewalk and the ploughs go around them and decrease the road width with a snowbank.
The road is barely passable for 2 cars travelling in opposite directions. If this zoning passes, against my opinion,
I will be campaigning against the current council who favour this change in zoning and approval of the complex.

2 people like this post.
kenofkelowna

Liked in: 14 posts

Re: Regarding new zoning change on 255 Taylor Road

Postby haggis_8 » Jan 27th, 2018, 8:27 pm

Totally agree. I thought you had to have some level of intelligence to be on City Council......obviously NOT!! Starting to know how a "sardine" feels!

3 people like this post.
haggis_8

Liked in: 13 posts

Postby the truth » Jan 27th, 2018, 9:12 pm

haggis_8 wrote:Totally agree. I thought you had to have some level of intelligence to be on City Council......obviously NOT!! Starting to know how a "sardine" feels!

city council hits a new low every week, they truly are useless
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell

4 people like this post.
the truth
Buddha of the Board

Liked in: 6220 posts

Postby LANDM » Jan 28th, 2018, 2:16 am

Nothing has changed and rezoning goes to a public hearing.
What’s the problem? You have every right to make yourself heard at that time. Or will you sit back and complain after?
LANDM
Guru

Liked in: 3356 posts

Postby haggis_8 » Jan 28th, 2018, 6:17 am

Yes, they are useless and Yes, you can make yourself heard........but, do they listen? The Tourist Info Centre is a fine example!!
haggis_8

Postby johnny24 » Jan 28th, 2018, 6:56 am

haggis_8 wrote:Yes, they are useless and Yes, you can make yourself heard........but, do they listen? The Tourist Info Centre is a fine example!!

So you found a few complaints on social media, and you came to the conclusion that council isn't listening? Is that how you want the city to be governed now? Maybe we should just get rid of council and set up a facebook page to govern Kelowna?

LANDM likes this post.
johnny24
Board Meister

Liked in: 254 posts

Postby Scrobins94 » Jan 28th, 2018, 7:24 am

Welcome to the OP. I see this is your first post. Seems to me like another case if NYMBYism.

255 Taylor Road is located in a tertiary road, but close to Costco and HWY-33 and HWY-97. This is a great location for adding high density housing that is close to public transportation.

Proposed project also looks nice, probably would add value to surrounding properties as the way it stands the surrounding properties look older and not well kept.

Just be happy it's not Freedom's Door or a recovery center they're putting up there.

Kelowna needs more housing and this is a great solution as land is becoming more and more expensive.

SuperMom likes this post.
Scrobins94
Fledgling

Liked in: 307 posts

Postby Urban Cowboy » Jan 28th, 2018, 9:21 am

I think you mean NIMBYism.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."
- Robert A. Heinlein

Jhunter199 likes this post.
Urban Cowboy
Lord of the Board

Liked in: 5874 posts

Postby LANDM » Jan 28th, 2018, 9:28 am

haggis_8 wrote:Yes, they are useless and Yes, you can make yourself heard........but, do they listen? The Tourist Info Centre is a fine example!!

Well then, it appears that you are going to take the option of sitting back, doing nothing, and then complaining because "they won’t listen".
Yes, they listen. However, just because they don’t side with you and, instead, try to make a decision based on greater public need, necessary data gathered by professionals, and the overall value of a proposal to the community, you can’t make the assumption that your personal thoughts are more important.

Jhunter199 likes this post.
LANDM
Guru

Postby haggis_8 » Jan 28th, 2018, 10:00 am

I beg to differ.
They DON'T listen!
Even when the majority of the public votes against something!
It makes me sad as I have watched this once beautiful city become less and less beautiful because of greed!
Kelowna is FULL......now if only the FOOLS on Council could see that!
No room at the inn!!!!!!
haggis_8

Postby LANDM » Jan 28th, 2018, 10:05 am

haggis_8 wrote:I beg to differ.
They DON'T listen!
It makes me sad as I have watched this once beautiful city become less and less beautiful because of greed!
No room at the inn!!!!!!

How long have you lived here?
I find, in general, that more recent arrivals are the ones that most loudly shout to lock the gates now that they are here.

There is always someone else that was here first and remember that they could have locked the gates a moment before you arrived.

It is full because of you and less beautiful partly because of you. Take responsibility for your share.
And, if you don’t like it, run for Council.

There appears to be a lot of room ar the Inn still.

JayByrd likes this post.
LANDM
Guru

Postby johnny24 » Jan 28th, 2018, 10:08 am

haggis_8 wrote:I beg to differ.
They DON'T listen!
No room at the inn!!!!!!

When did the majority of the public vote against something? Voting is done at the polls and not in these forums or facebook.
johnny24
Board Meister

Liked in: 254 posts

Postby haggis_8 » Jan 28th, 2018, 10:15 am

Oh boy, you are a bully, aren't you?
I have lived here since 1970......long enough?
Do not ASSUME.....we all know what that does!
I do NOT take responsibility for ruining this beautiful city, in fact just the opposite!
I try to be a good responsible citizen and I don't pretend to have what it takes to run for Council!
haggis_8

Postby LANDM » Jan 28th, 2018, 11:15 am

haggis_8 wrote:Oh boy, you are a bully, aren't you?
I have lived here since 1970......long enough?
Do not ASSUME.....we all know what that does!
I do NOT take responsibility for ruining this beautiful city, in fact just the opposite!
I try to be a good responsible citizen and I don't pretend to have what it takes to run for Council!

So, a newcomer......and, if the citizens in 1969 decided the city is full and should not accept further residents, you would have been fine with that?

Of course you do not take responsibility for any of the negatives you heap on the city. That is typical.

But you do pretend to have what it takes to rip the people who are on council to shreds....... :up:

Scrobins94 likes this post.
LANDM
Guru

Postby Gilchy » Jan 28th, 2018, 11:45 am

Forget the specifics of when someone arrives. If Kelowna is “full”, how does one propose closing the doors and denying any future growth?
Gilchy
Übergod

Liked in: 532 posts

Next

Return to Central Okanagan