Genderless ID Won't Fly

Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Re: Genderless ID Won't Fly

Post by Fancy »

I keep my passport on my person (i.e. purse). I'm surprised being a frequent traveller she wouldn't have made sure she had control of it.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Yes Dizzy I know, so I emailed them to ask. Wonder if I'll get an answer
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
LANDM
Walks on Forum Water

Post by LANDM »

Fancy wrote:I keep my passport on my person (i.e. purse). I'm surprised being a frequent traveller she wouldn't have made sure she had control of it.

Somebody said, in this thread, that her husband had it in Vancouver or something like that.....don’t know if that is accurate.
The reality is that it is an entirely normal thing that happened on both sides.
I don’t scour every detail of what is required when I travel but I do ensure I have my passport. She should have checked more closely but she didn’t.
It is reasonable for her to wish that it wasn’t so and it is reasonable for the airline to adhere to their written requirements.

Altogether a normal circumstance that I’m sure everyone wished it turned out differently......except for the OP, perhaps?
You and 71 others Like this post
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Sharon Duley is a frequent traveler, and was booked on a flight to Vancouver Sunday when she realized she didn’t have her passport with her — it was in a bag with her husband who had chosen to drive the route.
It was in the article. Major oops.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

normaM wrote:Yes Dizzy I know, so I emailed them to ask. Wonder if I'll get an answer

Post your results :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

LANDM wrote:
Fancy wrote:I keep my passport on my person (i.e. purse). I'm surprised being a frequent traveller she wouldn't have made sure she had control of it.

Somebody said, in this thread, that her husband had it in Vancouver or something like that.....don’t know if that is accurate.
The reality is that it is an entirely normal thing that happened on both sides.
I don’t scour every detail of what is required when I travel but I do ensure I have my passport. She should have checked more closely but she didn’t.
It is reasonable for her to wish that it wasn’t so and it is reasonable for the airline to adhere to their written requirements.

Altogether a normal circumstance that I’m sure everyone wished it turned out differently......except for the OP, perhaps?

LivinginKelowna wrote:I fail to see how this is anyone but the person travellings error. To those bashing Westjet for not looking the other way, I ask what is the point of having rules, if you are not going to enforce them.

A realtor here in town, Blake Roberts made a statement:

"In this day of gender neutrality....we are at the airport boarding a flight to Vancouver and they removed the bags of a lady from New Zealand and won’t let her on the plane because her Drivers license doesn’t specify male or female. (They don’t specify there evidently). This poor lady is left crying and stranded alone at the airport in Kelowna. The federal government better get consistent in its law and the fact that the WestJet staff wouldn’t turn a blind eye for her? Poor form WestJet"

To me this is a very poor choice considering that his entire business is based on following rules/guidelines and being a professional. Hey Blake, how about you lie on the next sales contract you draw up so the owner doesn't have to pay as much transfer tax? Or how about the disclosure statement that should have said there was a grow op on the property?

Rules scmulzes, right???

There is no one to blame but this woman for not ensuring that her New Zealand government issued ID met the travelling requirements of Canadian law. Just because someone finally did their job correctly, something that apparently had been overlooked in the past, the masses are coming down on Westjet. How can that be right?

People need to stop crying because life isn't fair to them and forcing the Canadian public to have to change to meet their demands.

I'm of the opinion that the OP might be trying to make said realtor look foolish rather than the lady that didn't have proper ID with her, why else mention the profession and name and suggest he fudges with the rules on his next sale?? I might be wrong, but I had that hunch as soon as I read the original post a few days ago.
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

RVThereYet wrote:I'm of the opinion that the OP might be trying to make said realtor look foolish rather than the lady that didn't have proper ID with her, why else mention the profession and name and suggest he fudges with the rules on his next sale?? I might be wrong, but I had that hunch as soon as I read the original post a few days ago.

The realtor didn't need any help - he did a great job of that on his own.

Return to “Central Okanagan”