Downtown cameras

Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Re: Downtown cameras

Post by Bsuds »

lesliepaul wrote:Had a drivers license picture taken recently and did not like the picture taken so they took another one. Asked why you cannot have a picture used that had a remotely, slight "happy to be alive" picture and was told it is for "facial recognition" purposes.

There you have it..........cross referenced to street surveillance. Kelowna's mayor and city council can go :cuss: themselves.......or anybody else that feels it is a necessity. Parkade's with vehicles that are subject to break and enter or vandalism I can understand.

So there you go just keep smiling and they will never know who you are.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Almost everyone out there has a camera on the phone in their pocket, many of them have cameras on their houses, in their businesses, on their cars.
And peeps whine when any level of govt does it.
Get used to it. It'll be common in every city in the civilized world. Get used to facial recognition technology too.
It's going to be advanced beyond comprehension.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

If u were gonna do wrong . It would be easy enough to wear a hood and glasses with a scarf in winter. Or a dust mask in summer. This system will not stop any but the dumbest laziest criminals.

Why is Kelowna always leading the way on this. Seems our city has been fighting to have cameras for as long as i can remember. Its never been popular. Its always been legally challenged.

Why this fight why now.

Heck u wanna do something about crime downtown. Start on LEON AVE. A few foot patrols would do wonders
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Bman wrote:Almost everyone out there has a camera on the phone in their pocket, many of them have cameras on their houses, in their businesses, on their cars.
Get used to it. It'll be common in every city in the civilized world. Get used to facial recognition technology too.

You are happy about this why ?

Personally id rather see the law enforced when people are caught. Instead we have a system that favors the crooks. However if u look at the law. These crimes should carry heavy time. For whatever reason our judges let em all go. So no amount of evidence in the world will matter the crooks get let go
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

Bman wrote:Almost everyone out there has a camera on the phone in their pocket, many of them have cameras on their houses, in their businesses, on their cars.

I pity the weak that so easily give their freedom to a Master because they have no sense of self worth.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

More and more homeowners are getting security cameras as they are the master of their own domain.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

The one along St. Paul focused on the sidewalk is owned and operated by the John Howard Society.

They are everywhere.
Last edited by fz6adventure on May 9th, 2018, 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

Fancy wrote:More and more homeowners are getting security cameras as they are the master of their own domain.

True and good for them. The key difference is that their home is not a public place.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Yet the streets are.
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

Fancy wrote:Yet the streets are.

Yup
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

You do realize I was referring to the streets that are caught on home cameras?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

You can teach an old dog new tricks! I didn't care about the cameras until I read some of the compelling reasons why I should - So opinion changed.
Besides I do grow weary of crap happening and people saying " get used to it".
The head cage of rats can sit on someone else
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

The one along St. Paul focused on the sidewalk is owned and operated by the John Howard Society.
And good thing with all the crap that happens there. Those cameras have never bothered me.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Fancy wrote:More and more homeowners are getting security cameras as they are the master of their own domain.

Not to mention all the dashcams. There are more and more of those every day.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

Bsuds wrote:

Not to mention all the dashcams. There are more and more of those every day.

Those are fine as they are owned and operated by private citizens who are not subject to the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. The Charter is in place to protect the citizenry from an oppressive government - it is the highest law of the land - a law for the people. Oppression is the enemy of freedom!

Return to “Central Okanagan”