Downtown cameras

fz6adventure
Board Meister

Re: Downtown cameras

Post by fz6adventure »

alanjh595 wrote:Your point is? A study done for a company selling security products is still better than No link at all from the anti-camera faction. Do you leave your doors unlocked when you leave the house? Because we all know that locks just cause more damage to the door and the frame when they have been broken into by a thief.

https://www.oipc.bc.ca/public-comments/2128
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

fz6adventure wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:There are cameras in the parkade already, and they do work well and have had a significant impact on auto theft.

Got some statistics to support that - other than the City just saying so?

Do you think that information is available on the internet for all to see?
Bring back the LIKE button.
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

alanjh595 wrote:

I know ....... "We're with the government, we're here to help, you can trust us!"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

fz6adventure wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:

I know ....... "We're with the government, we're here to help, you can trust us!"

Better that then posting the info on the internet for the criminals to see who has and where the cameras are so that they plan where to strike next. They are less likely to pick a spot where they know the cameras are at.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Nonsense. Banks and liquor stores get robbed all the time. Both are full of cameras
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

And sometimes those cameras are useful in identifying criminals and bringing them to justice.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

How did cops fifure it out before ? Was there footage of the james gang
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Fancy wrote:And sometimes those cameras are useful in identifying criminals and bringing them to justice.

Since it is actual person being recorded doing an illegal act = accurate description of the criminal.
Cameras don't stop crimes from happening (with the exception camera shy criminals), do make it easier to get conviction.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

GordonH wrote:
Fancy wrote:And sometimes those cameras are useful in identifying criminals and bringing them to justice.

Since it is actual person being recorded doing an illegal act = accurate description of the criminal.
Cameras don't stop crimes from happening (with the exception camera shy criminals), do make it easier to get conviction.

Great! Then once in the joint they learn how to be better criminals
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

fz6adventure wrote:Great! Then once in the joint they learn how to be better criminals

And enjoy all the unwanted sexual advances by a guy named Chuck.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Even Steven wrote:
fz6adventure wrote:Great! Then once in the joint they learn how to be better criminals

And enjoy all the unwanted sexual advances by a guy named Chuck.

If they are still outside, they can just Google it and watch YouTubes on how to be better criminals.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jflem1983 wrote:How did cops fifure it out before ? Was there footage of the james gang

If you're talking about Jesse James, you might consider reading up on it. There were multiple witnesses.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Since it is actual person being recorded doing an illegal act = accurate description of the criminal.

So what do you suggest should be done to those who commit illegal acts i.e robbery, assault etc... etc
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Cameras have pieced together information to locate missing people, catch bank robbers and kidnappers. I would think the cameras more of an asset.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

GordonH wrote:

GordonH wrote:Since it is actual person being recorded doing an illegal act = accurate description of the criminal.

So what do you suggest should be done to those who commit illegal acts i.e robbery, assault etc... etc

Charlie Daniels said it best. Take those rascals out in the swamp. Put em on the knees tie em to a stump. Let the snakes and the bugs and the aligators do the rest

Return to “Central Okanagan”