Downtown cameras

fz6adventure
Board Meister

Re: Downtown cameras

Post by fz6adventure »

alanjh595 wrote:
Are either of those 2 acts illegal or immoral? OOOgling over your daughter by city video is the least of your concern. What if there was a pedeophile with a long lens camera taking pictures that turn up on the internet, dark website, for sale?
Anyone that is on a public beach, road, sidewalk, or library/airport, are just that.....in public and they are subject to being seen and recorded by whomever might see them. There is no reason to expect any privacy in those areas. That's why they call them public and not private.
If you are worried about being seen scratching your junk, see a doctor, there is a cream for that.

Busted ....... it was actually your wife and she was doing the scratching!
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

Jflem1983 wrote:
300 000 dollars to spy on regular people going about the day .
All to prop up the delicate egos on council . This council are working against the people of Kelowna.

I do not understand how anyone can demand privacy in a public place - and turn around and rant about it on Facebook - the biggest of all Big Brothers.

PUSH THE BUTTON!
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Jim Dixon wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:
All to prop up the delicate egos on council . This council are working against the people of Kelowna.

I do not understand how anyone can demand privacy in a public place - and turn around and rant about it on Facebook - the biggest of all Big Brothers.

PUSH THE BUTTON!

Umm. This isnt face book ? Wow
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

fz6adventure wrote:
alanjh595 wrote:
Are either of those 2 acts illegal or immoral? OOOgling over your daughter by city video is the least of your concern. What if there was a pedeophile with a long lens camera taking pictures that turn up on the internet, dark website, for sale?
Anyone that is on a public beach, road, sidewalk, or library/airport, are just that.....in public and they are subject to being seen and recorded by whomever might see them. There is no reason to expect any privacy in those areas. That's why they call them public and not private.
If you are worried about being seen scratching your junk, see a doctor, there is a cream for that.

Busted ....... it was actually your wife and she was doing the scratching!

Since I am a confirmed bachelor, your comment is superfluous. You are the one that is busted.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

Hmmmm...

The private drone watchdog may not be far off in the future. At one time royalty, noblemen and princes had winetasters to prevent poisoning of their highly valued selves.

A drone equipped with a taser might be what GordonH should have, then me next. Sounds great. [icon_lol2.gif]
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

Jim Dixon wrote:I do not understand how anyone can demand privacy in a public place - and turn around and rant about it on Facebook - the biggest of all Big Brothers.

PUSH THE BUTTON!

Ummmm .... this is not Facebook. This is a discussion forum!
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

Off Topic
Last edited by TreeGuy on May 10th, 2018, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

Jflem1983 wrote:

Jflem1983 wrote:
Jim Dixon wrote:I do not understand how anyone can demand privacy in a public place - and turn around and rant about it on Facebook - the biggest of all Big Brothers.

PUSH THE BUTTON!

Jflem1983 wrote:Umm. This isnt face book ? Wow

Dear Jflem1983
I apologize if my brief comment confused you and got you all riled up and dizzy when spinning the *context out of my response so I will show you the context as it was intended before you attacked it - - intended *context=~people demanding privacy in a public place ARE discussing the issue on other web sites, the main one being (also, including, plus) Facebook. Get it; it's discussed here (Castanet BBS forums) AND Facebook~?

So, again, why expect privacy in a public place - "public" isn't the same as private.

The office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada has generated a series of guidelines aimed at protecting your privacy. If people don't like cameras in a public place, they should take it up with the Privacy Commissioner. Some (calm down - I said "some") are posting misleading and false information (here) and at Facebook and Twitter etcetera, or at best, information that is not concurrent with the office of the commissioner.

It is the Privacy Commissioner of Canada that people should look to for answers.

You have a nice day now,
j
*"2 - the conditions and circumstances that are relevant to an event, fact, etc"
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

So you support the spy cameras jim dixon. Thats great. Care to explain why the city keeps overstepping the law in this regard. You seem to have a real problem with freedom.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

Jflem1983 wrote:So you support the spy cameras jim dixon. Thats great. Care to explain why the city keeps overstepping the law in this regard. You seem to have a real problem with freedom.

One, I do NOT support spy cameras. 2, I cannot speak for the city, and won't, and three, I suggest you do push ups, sit ups, or weight-lifting to get into shape instead of jumping - to conclusions, and lastly - Troll someone else.
[plonk]
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

And another one:
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#226233
Police released images of the incident, and say the CCTV photo was instrumental in identifying the man and leading to an arrest.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Fancy wrote:And another one:
https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#226233
Police released images of the incident, and say the CCTV photo was instrumental in identifying the man and leading to an arrest.

Ok so lets put cameras in your house. Make sure your not up to anything . Just in case. You say your not doing anything wrong. Lets all see

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

the more camera's the better.................. :up:
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Jflem1983 wrote:Ok so lets put cameras in your house. Make sure your not up to anything . Just in case. You say your not doing anything wrong. Lets all see

Why would you need to see if I'm doing something wrong with dinner? I've never said I don't do anything wrong. You should see my houseplants.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Central Okanagan”