Downtown cameras

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Downtown cameras

Post by alanjh595 »

Jflem1983 wrote:Ok so lets put cameras in your house. Make sure your not up to anything . Just in case. You say your not doing anything wrong. Lets all see

The cameras in question are for open and public places, where nobody expects privacy. Inside a personal domain, there is an expectation of privacy.

Do you go into an airport and expect privacy and to not be on video?

Do you go into any retail store or bank and expect privacy from being videoed?

Pub, library, gas station, liquor store, Walmart?.........You know they are watching. What's the difference between them and a public street?
Bring back the LIKE button.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Jflem1983 wrote:Ok so lets put cameras in your house. Make sure your not up to anything . Just in case. You say your not doing anything wrong. Lets all see

Well you got me there...I :cuss: up a couple of times this week. But I checked the video and figured out what I did wrong so all is good.
Last edited by ferri on May 14th, 2018, 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
I got Married because I was sick and tired of finishing my own sentences.
That's worked out great for me!
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

City of London. With millions of Cameras. Gun control up the wazoo. Just had murder rate spike 44 percent year over year. Laws will not protect you. Get your head out of the clouds.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ok so we got the cameras. At great expense. We will see if the cameras are any good now. If they do not have crystal clear 4k video of this stabbing on Canada day. We can all agree the CAMERAS ARE A WASTE
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
WKK

Post by WKK »

My son was brutally attacked downtown Kelowna last summer while grabbing some food with his pups, thank goodness for the cameras because it was all captured on video, the attacker was clearly identified and is facing a serious crime of aggravated assault and of course he is going with the not guilty plea, I just hope our justice system will set an example and punish him for what he did to an innocent man minding his own business walking his dogs in our beautiful city. So yes bring on more cameras and protect the citizens of Kelowna so they can get some justice against people who do the crime.
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

WKK wrote:My son was brutally attacked downtown Kelowna last summer while grabbing some food with his pups, thank goodness for the cameras because it was all captured on video, the attacker was clearly identified and is facing a serious crime of aggravated assault and of course he is going with the not guilty plea, I just hope our justice system will set an example and punish him for what he did to an innocent man minding his own business walking his dogs in our beautiful city. So yes bring on more cameras and protect the citizens of Kelowna so they can get some justice against people who do the crime.

I hope your son is doing better now.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

The cameras are certainly not a waste of money and time. Even if they are not situated to capture the crime in progress, the can certainly help to identify possible suspects, which might otherwise be nearly impossible. The person[s] have to get to an from the scene of the crime, and if they happen to pass by a camera at the time of the incident, having that image available to investigators is of great value.
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

Fundamentally, the existence of cameras do not prevent crime.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

fz6adventure wrote:Fundamentally, the existence of cameras do not prevent crime.

Well duh, it does enabled accurate description of the suspect & the crime.
There is no police force that can be everywhere instantaneously.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

People are so crazy about privacy on this forum...yet they use the internet.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
Rango

Post by Rango »

So, have they actually saved anyone’s life yet?

It’s auite suspicious, why do the actual murders themselves never seem to take place on the cameras? It only seems to selectively when it’s towards a particular dswgmsnr or,the population, I wonder.
spooker

Post by spooker »

Jflem1983 wrote:City of London. With millions of Cameras. Gun control up the wazoo. Just had murder rate spike 44 percent year over year. Laws will not protect you. Get your head out of the clouds.

Where is this 44% spike? ... they had just over 130 murders in 2018 ... compare that to Chicago which had over 500 ... percentages need to have context to have any meaning ...

I'd say that the gun laws have more of an effect on the murder rate than the cameras but I have no data to back up that assumption ... maybe it's just because the British are more polite ...

"Excuse me guvn'r, I'm going to stab you now, is that alright?"
"Sorry, I have to run home and have tea with the wife, can we do this tomorrow?"
"Certainly ol' chap, ta"
pieinthei
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pieinthei »

spooker wrote:
... maybe it's just because the British are more polite ...

"Sorry, I have to run home and have tea with the wife, can we do this tomorrow?"
"Certainly ol' chap, ta"

tried reading this with an English accent.. i may have peed myself.. [icon_lol2.gif]
Country plough boy
Übergod

Post by Country plough boy »

spooker wrote:
Jflem1983 wrote:City of London. With millions of Cameras. Gun control up the wazoo. Just had murder rate spike 44 percent year over year. Laws will not protect you. Get your head out of the clouds.

Where is this 44% spike? ... they had just over 130 murders in 2018 ... compare that to Chicago which had over 500 ... percentages need to have context to have any meaning ...

I'd say that the gun laws have more of an effect on the murder rate than the cameras but I have no data to back up that assumption ... maybe it's just because the British are more polite ...

"Certainly ol' chap, ta"

Chicago is gangland. Hard to compare that. Food for thought though. London had not topped NYC in murder since the 1800s. They did it last year.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

That is a fabrication.

Claim: London has overtaken New York for murders for the first time in modern history after a surge in knife crime across the capital.

Verdict: A selective use of statistics from the start of 2018 appears to bear this out - but the reality is that New York still appears to be more violent than London.
Bring back the LIKE button.

Return to “Central Okanagan”