Deer cull in Okanagan

motokelowna1
Übergod

Re: Deer cull in Okanagan

Post by motokelowna1 »

Wow I did'nt realize how small Canada is to cull all of those millions of deer in your backyard.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

motokelowna1 wrote:Wow I did'nt realize how small Canada is to cull all of those millions of deer in your backyard.

Exaggerate much?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
donimo

Post by donimo »

Fancy wrote:
motokelowna1 wrote:Wow I did'nt realize how small Canada is to cull all of those millions of deer in your backyard.

Exaggerate much?

The deer were here long before you came they don’t need to be culled maybe you need to move.
Yes
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

Fancy wrote:

Exaggerate much?

donimo wrote:The deer were here long before you came they don’t need to be culled maybe you need to move.
Yes

Where can one move to in BC where there are no deer? Vancouver, in a high-rise maybe? Get a grip.
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

donimo wrote:The deer were here long before you came they don’t need to be culled maybe you need to move.
Yes
10 months or so later (and only twp posts) you obviously don't understand there aren't millions of deer that are being discussed. I dont have deer in my backyard so no reason to be rude. Not understanding why vegas1500 or Lore liked your post as there was no point in exaggerating the numbers. Why would I move if deer aren't a problem? Your response sure doesn't make sense.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

The deer will migrate to areas that they feel safe and food is plentiful. Why not? Humans do the same thing.

This concept can be applied to Okanagan residents, drug addicts, deer, bears, and tourists.

Why do they call it, "Tourist Season", when we can not hunt them. :200:
Bring back the LIKE button.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

Lensbaby another one that liked a post that had nothing to do with "millions of deer" and knowing I don't have deer in my backyard. I wonder if people actually understand why and when a cull would be necessary.
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

I have deer in my backyard every day - which is exactly how I like it.
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

A little off topic sorry but need to ask a question and can't find the answer online. Does anyone know if it is legal to shoot a rifle or shot gun in residential areas on your own property and kill small animals/birds. I do not intend on doing this just wondered if anyone knows the law on that in the Okanagan area.
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

This is the bylaw for the City of Kelowna:

https://apps.kelowna.ca/CityPage/Docs/P ... 209779.pdf
Temet Nosce
Board Meister

Post by Temet Nosce »

Fancy wrote:This is the bylaw for the City of Kelowna:

https://apps.kelowna.ca/CityPage/Docs/P ... 209779.pdf

Thanks that confirms my neighbor is a :cuss: idiot.
trapp
Übergod

Post by trapp »

AlienSoldier wrote:The problem is not the deer, its the fact that we have created an environment where they are safe from predators, provide an abundance of food, and we keep pushing the predators they have closer to extinction.

Please tell me what predators are even close to extinction? There is a very healthy population of coyotes withing the city. Black Bear and Grizzly populations close to Kelowna are at an all time high in the last several years. There are more wolves than we have had in decades. Populations of cougar are also thriving. Predators are a factor in sending deer into the city safe zones. How many wolves, bears and cougar would you like to see in town? Perhaps you need to spend time in our nearby forest habitat before saying predators are becoming extinct.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts."
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

Looking for deer out in the woods. None. Did see bear tracks in the snow on a road just off of the James Lake rd. I thought they'd be sleeping by now? Lots of deer tracks and then wolf or coyote trailing them, all heading lower, but that is just natural.
cuba108
Fledgling

Post by cuba108 »

As a kid in Kelowna in the 50’s hardly ever saw a deer around town, most dogs ran free and would band together in a pack. I can remember being at a bush party up in the hills and spotting our dog on a hunt, game wardens warned they would shoot the dogs not the deer.It was also harder to spot a bear then than now, it’s ironic how growing into a city has changed not only the landscape.
If no one has died on the table, you have not done enough surgeries.
oscillate_wildly
Fledgling

Post by oscillate_wildly »

I almost hit one last night, on Dilworth drive. He wasn't just going in front of me, he was going right AT me from the side. Had I not acted swiftly he would have went right through my drivers side window.

In this case, are we supposed to call the conservation office?

Return to “Central Okanagan”