Fortis Hydro Time of Use Rates.

vinnied
Lord of the Board

Fortis Hydro Time of Use Rates.

Post by vinnied »

Fortis wants to get rid of the 2 tier pay system, phase it out over time. in its place will be the time of use system we all knew was coming with the installation of the wireless meters. heres a breakdown of the proposed rates. Of course this will all be revenue neutral for Fortis
Untitled.jpg

information session
​​Kelowna ​February 13
6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Best Western Plus
2402 Highway 97, Kelowna
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Fortis Hydro Time of Use Rates.

Post by LTD »

so basically if you have a job you pay the most before and after work fantastic :cuss:
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

Any families who have no other option than electricity better start re-thinking their meal plans. The kids that have been fed their breakfast before school and their dinner after school are going to cost a fortune. Through some insane logic, Fortis and our BC government think that charging a premium during these "peak" times will make us "think ecologically" and use less electricity!

Here is a hint: Cook meals during the "off" peak times, like at midnight to four am. Then at mealtime light a candle or two to warm everyone up. Pretend that the food is still hot!

Also, stock up on blankets! You're gonna need them.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

pepecat wrote:Any families who have no other option than electricity better start re-thinking their meal plans. The kids that have been fed their breakfast before school and their dinner after school are going to cost a fortune. Through some insane logic, Fortis and our BC government think that charging a premium during these "peak" times will make us "think ecologically" and use less electricity!

Here is a hint: Cook meals during the "off" peak times, like at midnight to four am. Then at mealtime light a candle or two to warm everyone up. Pretend that the food is still hot!

Those in rental apartments could be SOL because of noise rules after 10pm & before 8am. i.e doing laundry
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

those of us with electric heat will get the best screwing ever
pepecat
Board Meister

Post by pepecat »

GordonH wrote:
pepecat wrote:Any families who have no other option than electricity better start re-thinking their meal plans. The kids that have been fed their breakfast before school and their dinner after school are going to cost a fortune. Through some insane logic, Fortis and our BC government think that charging a premium during these "peak" times will make us "think ecologically" and use less electricity!

Those in rental apartments could be SOL because of noise rules after 10pm & before 8am. i.e doing laundry

Well if everyone is doing their laundry at midnight then who will complain about the noise? Vacuuming with electric power will also be cheaper during the midnight hours. Another hint: unplug the fridge during peak hours to save money and save the environment. The fridge can be plugged back in just after midnight and just before the food inside becomes inedible. Then, in the morning before seven o'clock, unplug it again. Presto! Environmental win.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

look at the rates during the summer months from 12 to 9 pm. just when the ac's are working the hardest to try and keep things a little cool. what is that almost double what we pay now?
If your paying 3 or 4 hundred bucks a bill in the summer now, expect that to almost double. ouch
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Mark1111
Board Meister

Post by Mark1111 »

Is there a link to this story?
If you want to test a man's character, give him power.
A. Lincoln
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Looks like a good argument for investing in some rooftop solar and a tesla battery.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
goalie
Übergod

Post by goalie »

You have to remember these are legalized Gangsters. They will not roll over easy and watch Solar eat their profits.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

CapitalB wrote:Looks like a good argument for investing in some rooftop solar and a tesla battery.

Looks like a good argument for investing in BCH/Fortis stock
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Mark1111 wrote:Is there a link to this story?

there was no story. you can find the info here though
https://www.fortisbc.com/About/Regulato ... ation.aspx
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Think I'll go to that "info session" .... It's a day before FortisBC has told us that they are coming into our rental unit and "offering" an energy use assessment complete with FREE trinkets that could help our family save money on our electricity bill.

How nice of them , huh ?

The catch is that they request that one of us be home for it some time between 9 am and 5 pm , which means to "save" on our bill one of "us" must give up a full days pay ( mine being $ 185.60 ) .. And for what ? Tell the landlord to put in LED lighting and provide an energy efficient stove and fridge ?

I can see that working out really well.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

MAPearce wrote:Tell the landlord to put in LED lighting and provide an energy efficient stove and fridge ?

I can see that working out really well.

We all know it would only work if the Landlord was paying the Hydro bill. Then he might consider it.

If it were me I would replace the lights and save the old bulbs to put back in place when I moved out.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

Does anyone out there know of a method we can Lobby the government to look into what the rates are considering the infrastructure has been there for decades. There's no need for the rates to be that High when the dams were built years and years ago buy our tax dollars. To me that is fundamentally immoral what the government is allowing them to do and hydro wants to do
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.

Return to “Central Okanagan”