Fortis Hydro Time of Use Rates.

alanjh595
Banned

Re: Fortis Hydro Time of Use Rates.

Post by alanjh595 »

common_sense_guy wrote:Does anyone out there know of a method we can Lobby the government to look into what the rates are considering the infrastructure has been there for decades. There's no need for the rates to be that High when the dams were built years and years ago buy our tax dollars. To me that is fundamentally immoral what the government is allowing them to do and hydro wants to do

Complain to the BCUC. They are the ones that put their rubber stamp on these things.
Bring back the LIKE button.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

We all know it would only work if the Landlord was paying the Hydro bill. Then he might consider it.

If it were me I would replace the lights and save the old bulbs to put back in place when I moved out.

Did that when we lived in an IHA house .. saved money instantly.

Problem is that when we moved in here , 60% of the lighting is florescent tube with ballasts and most of that is in the finished basement .. There's 4 fixtures ( 8 tubes ) and ALL of them are on one switch and when I'm down there I only need one fixture on.
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

MAPearce wrote:
We all know it would only work if the Landlord was paying the Hydro bill. Then he might consider it.

If it were me I would replace the lights and save the old bulbs to put back in place when I moved out.

Problem is that when we moved in here , 60% of the lighting is florescent tube with ballasts and most of that is in the finished basement .. There's 4 fixtures ( 8 tubes ) and ALL of them are on one switch and when I'm down there I only need one fixture on.

Take the bulbs out of all that you don't need.
Rider59
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Rider59 »

alanjh595 wrote:Take the bulbs out of all that you don't need.

Or wire in another switch.
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick Two
spooker

Post by spooker »

It's amazing how much we complain about having to think and plan ...

Yes, we knew this was coming, and we know why ... so we're just going to demand the status quo?

Smart isn't getting angry, smart is figuring out how make it benefit everyone ...
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

To all those people who actually sleep during cheap utility prices, I suggest you get a bunch of silicone earplugs (not the foam ones). Just in case your neighbour decides to vacuum at 2am.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

I'm still trying to decipher what "-" means in on peak shoulder?
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

just popping in wrote:I'm still trying to decipher what "-" means in on peak shoulder?

the rates will fall under mid peak rates and off peak rates in the other 8 months so mid peak rates would be 7 am to 9 pm at 11.869c, and and off peak rates from 9pm to 7am at 9.280c
this layout explains it a bit better. which was used at the original presentations last year
TOU.jpg
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Fortis can eat %#@$ and @%#!!!
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

They had consultation meetings about this in different areas last year What they concluded was, this is the option what folks wanted. However one thing I noticed with the presentation they were giving is the rates at peak hours at that time, compared to what they are proposing. Of course people agreed it was a good option.
rates.jpg
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Jlabute
Guru

Post by Jlabute »

MAPearce wrote:

Lighting is a fairly light power consumer.
If I have a 60W incandescent bulb that I run for 8 hours a day, I can expect that bulb to cost me about $1.46 a month. A fluorescent bulb giving the same lumen output would be about $0.37 a month, and a LED bulb about $0.24 per month. If I have a 4000W clothes dryer and I run it for 1 hour a day, that would be about $12/mo. Baseboard heating would be a lot more yet.
Probably makes sense these days to use LED since the bulbs gave a greater lifespan and have become inexpensive.
Lord Kelvin - When you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

I have replaced most of my light bulbs with LEDs. All of my gigantic xmas light displays are all LEDs. I am very conservative with using the 4ft fluorescent fixtures in my home. I have issues with the gas furnace fan.
My washer/dryer and dishwasher have delayed starts, which I will use when this comes into affect. I had a feeling this was going to happen when they started putting in the new smart meters.
I had my insulation upgraded in the summer of 2016 to R80......one of the best investments I ever made. Last month's gas bill was $100 and I kept it at 20C. (I would have to go and look-up last Summer's gas bill) but I am sure it was less than $20/mth.

My telephone/internet/TV bill is the largest bill I get any month of the year.
casey60
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by casey60 »

Took Fortis 1 year to implement this billing we have right now It will take them 5 years to go back to one single rate. How come? :200:
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Lighting is a fairly light power consumer.
If I have a 60W incandescent bulb that I run for 8 hours a day, I can expect that bulb to cost me about $1.46 a month. A fluorescent bulb giving the same lumen output would be about $0.37 a month, and a LED bulb about $0.24 per month. If I have a 4000W clothes dryer and I run it for 1 hour a day, that would be about $12/mo. Baseboard heating would be a lot more yet.
Probably makes sense these days to use LED since the bulbs gave a greater lifespan and have become inexpensive.

Now do the multiplication .. 4 people in a house . 3 lights in two rooms between 5 and 6 plus the stove . After dinner there's 8 florescent tubes on the rec room two 40w incandescent in the living room plus a TV and most likely two 60 w bulbs upstairs in kids room plus the gadgets between 6 and 8 ish ...

What blows my fuse is that no matter what I do to reduce the cost of consumption in my house hold , Fortis defeats my efforts.. This "TOU" is exactly that... Going for higher rates when people need the commodity the most..

If I'm to save any money or reduce my consumption , I'll have to feed my kids raw meat and make them eat it in the dark ...

Fortis guy gets to answer for that one tomorrow at 3:30 pm .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
just popping in
Lord of the Board

Post by just popping in »

Often wonder if Fortis employees get a discount.

Return to “Central Okanagan”