Moose On The Loose

generalposter
Board Meister

Re: Moose On The Loose

Post by generalposter »

*removed* He explicitly said "Leave the moose alone". This implies that someone here is not leaving the moose alone. *removed* My questions stands: you know the positive source of blood how?
Last edited by ferri on Mar 5th, 2018, 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Someone has to say it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 5th, 2018, 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to removed post.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 5th, 2018, 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
Someone has to say it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

*removed*
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

*removed*
Reason: Personal attack
Someone has to say it.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 5th, 2018, 5:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grandan
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Grandan »

generalposter wrote:

Here is an amazing example of animals understanding and appreciating human intervention. Three minutes long but worth seeing. Baby elephant rescued from a well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEDHRh8gfm8

It is Anthropomorphism, where human traits are attributed to animals.
We know that it was a machine that saved the baby, what I saw was the rejoicing of the rest of the family on the safe return of their doomed infant. I guess everyone sees what they want to see.
Waste not
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

millie.jpg

the wart..
Im not much into wild animals, but she seems to look a healthy weight no?
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

She looks like she's enjoying not being in deep snow and dining out on twigs is an easy buffet to attend to on a daily basis.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

vinnied wrote:
millie.jpg

the wart..
Im not much into wild animals, but she seems to look a healthy weight no?

She's in normal late winter shape. Far from being malnourished or sick. They typically drop 15 - 20% of their fall body weight before spring green up.

Papilloma info on page 151. http://wildlifedisease.unbc.ca/bc_wildl ... ual_v2.pdf

She could also have a bit of a tick infestation, which also can cause blood spotting as they are crushed or fall off when they animal lies down. She doesn't show indications of a severe tick infestation (hair rubbed off in large patches) but she probably has some, like most ungulates. Mild tick infestations are benign.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Kudos to the local BC Conservation officers for monitoring the situation and making use of a window of opportunity when it presented itself, and acting in the best interests of the moose (I still think giving it a name just further "urbanizes" it - which is the last thing it needed). Hopefully it's in the 1 of the 1 in 4 chances it has been given for survival. Either way BC Conservation did what was best for the moose - get it away from people. Nice work.

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#220438
trapp
Übergod

Post by trapp »

Just to correct the newscast. You do not relocate wildlife, when you move wildlife to a new area it is translocate.

Relocation: technically means moving the animal from one spot to another, whether the movement be 2 inches or two miles. The problem with this word is that it is most often used to refer to that activity of moving an animal out of its home area.
Translocation: is a technical term meaning to move an animal to an entirely new area, usually a considerable distance away from where the animal was found.
"It's what you learn after you know it all that really counts."
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Translocation

?????? oh C'MON !!!!

Enough of the " trans" crap already....

They moved the moose away from certain death and gave it a chance to live fercryinoutloud........

Or are you saying it could have been an "urban" moose stuck in an "rural" moose body
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
bbmyster_1
Fledgling

Post by bbmyster_1 »

Kudos to the local BC Conservation officers for monitoring the situation and making use of a window of opportunity when it presented itself, and acting in the best interests of the moose (I still think giving it a name just further "urbanizes" it - which is the last thing it needed)

...Wonder if Millie Knew what her name was ?... Probably not !...and I highly doubt she was roaming around thinking to herself..." OMG !, They gave me a name , That's the Last thing I need right now !!! "... [icon_lol2.gif]

Lets just be thankful that they were able to relocate her away from the community & out of harms way for both the public & herself !!... Safe Travels Miss Moose and once again , Thank You for the visit !!! , I can now cross off Having A Moose In My Backyard from my Bucket List Of " Rare Things I Have Seen In My Life " :up:
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

bbmyster_1 wrote:
Kudos to the local BC Conservation officers for monitoring the situation and making use of a window of opportunity when it presented itself, and acting in the best interests of the moose (I still think giving it a name just further "urbanizes" it - which is the last thing it needed)

...Wonder if Millie Knew what her name was ?... Probably not !...and I highly doubt she was roaming around thinking to herself..." OMG !, They gave me a name , That's the Last thing I need right now !!! "... [icon_lol2.gif]

Lets just be thankful that they were able to relocate her away from the community & out of harms way for both the public & herself !!... Safe Travels Miss Moose and once again , Thank You for the visit !!! , I can now cross off Having A Moose In My Backyard from my Bucket List Of " Rare Things I Have Seen In My Life " :up:

I started a reply to explain my meaning - but then gave up - just because.

Return to “Central Okanagan”