Moose On The Loose

LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Moose On The Loose

Post by LTD »

chips71xx wrote:We have spotted one in our yard as well in Lake Country.

ive never seen a spotted one :biggrin:
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

Anonymous123 wrote:Let's remember that it's a large mammal and often unpredictable.

https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelowna/218759/Moose-attacks-family-pet

let's remember tying animals up in the yard is pretty idiotic as well. Good thing her dog could escape.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

^^^Exactly Trip. Thanks to her bone-headed move the moose will more than likely die.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Anonymous123 wrote:Let's remember that it's a large mammal and often unpredictable.

https://www.castanet.net/news/West-Kelowna/218759/Moose-attacks-family-pet

Triple 6 wrote:let's remember tying animals up in the yard is pretty idiotic as well. Good thing her dog could escape.

I agree, I don't tie a dog up anywhere. Leash yes, tied up without supervision? No.
I was referencing the person on the screenshot in the initial post. "I wanna go see the moose",yeah, that one.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

Just saw a big moose in the Bellevue Creek schoolyard in the Lower Mission. Be careful if you're walking or driving through that area.
bbmyster_1
Fledgling

Post by bbmyster_1 »

Spotted her yesterday just outside my front door on Salloum Road when I got home at 5pm. She wandered down to the end of the yard and hopped a fence and went into the neighbours yard below me . I spoke with the homeowner and she stated that this Moose had taken up refuge in her backyard for the better part of the morning . I also noticed that it had rested twice in my yard and where she layed down , their were spots of blood but I wasn't about to get too close to find out how bad she was injured. Best to keep all pets and children indoors until conservation officials can corral her.. A sight to see for sure , but also scary as I did not expect that coming around the back of the house...I was literally no more then 10 feet away from her...like..*bleep* ???? :200: .
Attachments
Elliot.jpg
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

she been in the ravine behind my place on lower glenrosa, sure looks like she been shot good size wound on her front left shoulder going out to track her and see if she,s down also saw a couple of coyotes I think they must know something.
bbmyster_1
Fledgling

Post by bbmyster_1 »

Be Careful & Keep us posted . Hope she is ok !!!
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

I,am watching her now she up and eating saskatoon bush, hopefully she be ok.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

When I first read the title of this thread I wondered why was Mark Messier was on the loose.... then read the OP, so never mind & move on my bad. lol
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

moose update she spent the afternoon in my backyard she seem to realy like the dogwoods,magnolia,and hazelnuts,I took some pictures and blew them up on computer,the wound on her shoulder will heal from what it looks like,towards evening she made her way over the hill toward powers ck lots of food down there if she gets across highway ok she be fine.about every couple of years I see them moving down it was nice to have her visit but I,am glad she gone,she did a real good prune on the back.,o well less for the deers.
bbmyster_1
Fledgling

Post by bbmyster_1 »

Great to hear !! , I stopped in at the Church at the bottom of Glenway Road on my way back up to Salloum last night after work and got out of the truck and walked around the back side of the church and noticed she had made her way through there as well as she left some droppings behind...lol...Hopefully she makes it across the highway without incident. :up:
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

millie the moose how lucky we are to have her spending time in town,hopefully with warmer weather and melting snow she will move on up the hills.
westernrider
Fledgling

Post by westernrider »

Millie has moved to downtown Westbank. Was seen and photographed this morning walking through the Dairy Queen drive-thru. No word on what flavor Blizzard she ordered [icon_lol2.gif]
bbmyster_1
Fledgling

Post by bbmyster_1 »

westernrider wrote:Millie has moved to downtown Westbank. Was seen and photographed this morning walking through the Dairy Queen drive-thru. No word on what flavor Blizzard she ordered [icon_lol2.gif]

... With St. Patricks Day Fast Approaching , perhaps she is staking out Whiski Jacks for a Pint of Guinness...Hmm...Good Luck To Her !!...just hope someone reminds her to watch out for the Cougars !!...Some Bite !!...lol :P....All kidding aside , i Hope she finds her way back into the hills !! , As much as i Loved seeing & having her in my backyard , Downtown Westbank is no place for her !! , It just isn't Safe for Her or the Public. :up:

Return to “Central Okanagan”