B.C. municipalities want at least half the money province ma

CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

B.C. municipalities want at least half the money province ma

Post by CapitalB »

B.C. municipalities want at least half the money province makes on pot sales

That doesn't sit well with West Kelowna Mayor Doug Findlater, who has led a letter-writing campaign to the province asking for about half of the provincial revenue, or 37 per cent of total tax revenue from cannabis.

The municipalities should definitely be cut into the tax revenue but they're just getting greedy. This whole thing is going to be be pure massive profits for everyone involved but all these communities keep whinging about how much its going to cost them. Almost all the bylaws going in for pot overlap with alcohol or cigarette laws (which I've never heard of being enforced) in some way which makes me wonder at the massive expenses they seem to be expecting.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Jflem1983
Guru

Re: B.C. municipalities want at least half the money provinc

Post by Jflem1983 »

Kelowna already has too much money. They do not need any more. They use it against us anyways. Pray for snow to wipe out budgets
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Jflem1983 wrote:Kelowna already has too much money. They do not need any more. They use it against us anyways. Pray for snow to wipe out budgets

But then how are they going to fund more expensive local art installations by american artists?
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
Hassel99
Lord of the Board

Post by Hassel99 »

CapitalB wrote:
The municipalities should definitely be cut into the tax revenue but they're just getting greedy. This whole thing is going to be be pure massive profits for everyone involved but all these communities keep whinging about how much its going to cost them. Almost all the bylaws going in for pot overlap with alcohol or cigarette laws (which I've never heard of being enforced) in some way which makes me wonder at the massive expenses they seem to be expecting.

Municipalities pay for policing fire and bylaw and building inspections.
The 4 most hard hit services by the legalization of marijuana,

The costs till be downloaded to the municipalities after the framework is set up. They bare the biggest burden, while the feds bare the least.

Fort St John is not willing to accept the 50% proposal and are doing a study as they think it will be will over 50% (of the 75%) which is 37% of the total tax, thus 25% feds, 37.5 province, 37.5 municipality.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

If the amount is as high as some/one former poster figured.
impo have it go to bring down Provincial (each Province) & Federal debts to more manageable level, then maybe talk about municipalities.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”