Pioneer Market closing for good !

wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Pioneer Market closing for good !

Post by wanderer »

It is sad to see Pioneer Market on Benvoulin shut it's doors. It has been there for a long time. I think the present owners have only had it a couple of years. There was always that smell of fresh baked bread and it was a venue that locals could sell jams and preserves. Hopefully not flagged for a development, the land around there is still good for agriculture and should be in the ALR.
alanjh595
Banned

Re: Pioneer Market closing for good !

Post by alanjh595 »

Where was the Pioneer Market? Not the Farm Market on Benvoulin, right? Was it anything like the Farmer's Market?
Bring back the LIKE button.
pbear
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by pbear »

Sad to hear this. I loved stopping in for lunch and enjoying it while sitting out under those big trees. All the best to the owners.
Life happens, grab tight and treasure it.
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

All the best to the workers and manager who will be losing their jobs.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

won't be missed at all never even heard of it
kelowna_proud
Fledgling

Post by kelowna_proud »

Facing the wrong way, place looks like a house lol, never went there, always hit up Don-O-Ray before going that far.
What did they even sell?
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

kelowna_proud wrote:Facing the wrong way, place looks like a house lol, never went there, always hit up Don-O-Ray before going that far.
What did they even sell?

Okay, so this place was further away from Springfield than Don-o-rays? Maybe that is why I never heard of it either. Don-o-rays was as far up as I have ever gone when looking for veggies.
Bring back the LIKE button.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

kelowna_proud wrote:Facing the wrong way, place looks like a house lol, never went there, always hit up Don-O-Ray before going that far.
What did they even sell?

Beats me.... We went in there 2 years back expecting farm stuff but all they seemed to have was cheese .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

alanjh595 wrote:Where was the Pioneer Market? Not the Farm Market on Benvoulin, right? Was it anything like the Farmer's Market?

Across from Rick's Garden World on Pioneer Road.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Farmmaa
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Farmmaa »

IMO it simply wasn't a viable business.
It wasn't a farm market, it wasn't a fruit and vegetable market. In fact, it wasn't a market at all.
It was an overpriced café with a very limited menu and hours of operation that also sold a few hand made products.
I was always surprised it stayed open as long as it did, considering what it offered and how empty it usually was.
b7272

Post by b7272 »

I heard kelowna fruit stand is coming at unique landscape and pool site on benvoulin right by golf driving range
P65
Fledgling

Post by P65 »

This was an awesome place to go for lunch and pick up some locally produced items.
It is very sad and frustrating to see posts from people who never supported this business or even knew where it was, say it won't missed.
Maybe pay attention to what is happening in your community and support the local businesses before you proclaim the demise of a business has nothing to do with you.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Sad to see and hear of this.

Always felt like going to a favorite Aunts house for a nice homemade lunch......

and PIE ! :smt045
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ill go in see if i cant buy an old wagon wheel. I used to live in one of the Cassorso families old homes. Wishing this lady the best in her retirement. Pioneer market will be missed.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
lensbaby
Board Meister

Post by lensbaby »

It was a quaint piece of our history. A country store in a shrinking rural area. It wasn't a place to dash into to pick something up - it was more a place to relax and enjoy the moment. But for those that have no appreciation of that, and I am in no way criticizing them, there's always Superstore.

Return to “Central Okanagan”