Mayor Wants Homeless Criminalized

fz6adventure
Board Meister

Re: Mayor Wants Homeless Criminalized

Post by fz6adventure »

MalaPropina wrote:
fz6adventure wrote:
Thanks. Can you tell me where the crown land is in Kelowna?

Out toward Joe Rich? McCulloch? Past the Mission by Little White? The Connector?

Of course there are regulations in place on crown land regarding length of stay, campfires, refuse and I'd also imagine regarding sanitation.

Nothin' in Kelowna huh?
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Post by MalaPropina »

fz6adventure wrote:]

Nothin' in Kelowna huh?

Were you hoping for a big plot of crown land in the middle of downtown?

Finding these people places to camp is not a solution. It would only exacerbate the problems.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

Post by Because_They_Lie »

Anonymous123 wrote:I would like to think that the Mayor is doing this to trigger services for the drug addicts and mentally ill that is only available through the court/legal system.

You would like to think that this is a way the mayor is trying to help these people!?

By giving them a criminal record?

WOW!

A real piece of evil

To heck with freedom. You are already at the lowest level of living, we might as well now give you a criminal record.

Just incredible!
Because_They_Lie
Banned

this is the end.

As far as I am concerned this mayor is purely unfit for the office he holds. If I lived there I would do everything in my power to have him removed.

Why will the community of Kelowna allow this type of scum to make decisions for the lives of so many others, he is clearly a irresponsible, greedy, ineffective evil excuse for a human being let alone a so-called mayor.

If he follows through with this idea, he will be the most reprehensible mayor known to me in my lifetime, if the community allows him to follow through and make this idea concrete - then this is the end & God is dead.
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Post by MalaPropina »

Because_They_Lie wrote: then this is the end & God is dead.

Whoa! Wow! Settle down. Read the article.......

“Residents want to know the criminal part of it is being proactively pursued as well, not just left by saying they have mental health and addictions issues as well, so we can’t pursue that,” Basran said Monday, Feb. 19, during delivery by Kelowna RCMP Supt. Brent Mundle of his final quarterly report for 2017.

The SJWs refuse to believe that some homeless with addictions and mental illness can't also be criminals? Damn skippy they can! All they get us a a light tap on the wrist, maybe a couple of counselling sessions, occasionally a short stint in treatment in lieu of charges and as soon as they're finished they are back at it again because they know the system and the absence if consequences. The criminal system would provide mandatory treatment and actual consequences for their actions.
Because_They_Lie
Banned

MalaPropina wrote:
Because_They_Lie wrote: then this is the end & God is dead.

Whoa! Wow! Settle down. Read the article.......

“Residents want to know the criminal part of it is being proactively pursued as well, not just left by saying they have mental health and addictions issues as well, so we can’t pursue that,” Basran said Monday, Feb. 19, during delivery by Kelowna RCMP Supt. Brent Mundle of his final quarterly report for 2017.

The SJWs refuse to believe that some homeless with addictions and mental illness can't also be criminals? Damn skippy they can! All they get us a a light tap on the wrist, maybe a couple of counselling sessions, occasionally a short stint in treatment in lieu of charges and as soon as they're finished they are back at it again because they know the system and the absence if consequences. The criminal system would provide mandatory treatment and actual consequences for their actions.

you are misguided.

addiction and mental illness are to be found in every "life style"

rich and poor, housed and homeless

Criminals are to be found in every "lifestyle"

Complete ignorance.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

lol

basaran finally gets off his *bleep* and does something and the leftists cry a river

just lol
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Post by MalaPropina »

Because_They_Lie wrote:
you are misguided.

Complete ignorance.

Riiiiiiigh...... [icon_lol2.gif]

I am very, very aware that addictions and mental illness are present in every walk of life.
I am painfully aware that criminals exist in every walk of life or "lifestyle" (as you put it, which is not a correct term to describe homless, rich, poor...whatever)

However, the topic at hand is the homeless and that the criminal element among them aren't always punished for their crimes because they might also have addictions or mental illness making it some sort of social faux pas. They are treated with kid gloves and never face the consequences of criminal actions and are allowed to continue. If a certain percentage needs to enter the justice system to help them clean up their act and try and break the cycle and get off the streets them I'll say tax dollars well spent. Beats paying to keep them on the streets in in addictions etc.

Trying to turn it back on me with points that aren't relevant to the topic makes no sense. I am neither misguided nor ignorant. But nice try. I am well aware of how the world works, thank you very much. :D
Because_They_Lie
Banned

MalaPropina wrote:
Because_They_Lie wrote:
you are misguided.

Complete ignorance.

Riiiiiiigh...... [icon_lol2.gif]

I am very, very aware that addictions and mental illness are present in every walk of life.
I am painfully aware that criminals exist in every walk of life or "lifestyle" (as you put it, which is not a correct term to describe homless, rich, poor...whatever)

However, the topic at hand is the homeless and that the criminal element among them aren't always punished for their crimes because they might also have addictions or mental illness making it some sort of social faux pas. They are treated with kid gloves and never face the consequences of criminal actions and are allowed to continue. If a certain percentage needs to enter the justice system to help them clean up their act and try and break the cycle and get off the streets them I'll say tax dollars well spent. Beats paying to keep them on the streets in in addictions etc.

Trying to turn it back on me with points that aren't relevant to the topic makes no sense. I am neither misguided nor ignorant. But nice try. I am well aware of how the world works, thank you very much. :D

Redundant.

The very same things can be said for ANY and ALL types/groups of human beings.

You pay to keep them in the street do you? what a mess.
MalaPropina
Board Meister

Post by MalaPropina »

Again: in this topic we are discussing the homeless. You could start another topic relating to the criminal lifestyles of other socioeconomic groups if you'd care to discuss.

An enormous amount of tax dollars go toward social services that goes into the services that the criminal repeat offenders use.

And before you throw your "rich people are criminals too!!" arguement about once again (sigh) I'll point out, again, that I'm not arguing that point with you. Its true, they are, move on. The topic here is turning the criminal element of the homeless population over to the justice system rather than alowing them to continue the behavior. Perhaps the justice system would be more successful with mandatory treatments for addiction and/or mental illness and the realization that there are actual consequences to their criminal actions. What we have now is clearly not working.
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

MalaPropina wrote:
fz6adventure wrote:
Thanks. Can you tell me where the crown land is in Kelowna?

Out toward Joe Rich? McCulloch? Past the Mission by Little White? The Connector?

Of course there are regulations in place on crown land regarding length of stay, campfires, refuse and I'd also imagine regarding sanitation.

fz6adventure wrote:Nothin' in Kelowna huh?

Why? You want prime real estate with all the amenities? For free? They don't have a home, give them one. They don't have cars, they don't need roads. They don't have any money, they don't need starbucks.
The NDP is offering up free houses, park them on a harvested piece of of crown land. Maybe twice a day bus service to town for employment or free medical appointments/shopping. Pay them for work within their community like cooking, cleaning up the shower house, cutting firewood, planting trees, etc.
Bring back the LIKE button.
cutter7
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by cutter7 »

Anonymous123 wrote:At this point it's either a criminal record or a paupers grave. Arresting the homeless will weed out the opportunistic vultures from the people that actually need help. The addicts and mentally ill will be forced by court to attend rehabilitation resources that may not be available without legal intervention.

Out of curiosity, what services are offered in jail? My opinion is that nothing good comes from putting people in jail.

btw, I've spent time in jail and know that depending on your crime they have mandatory courses that really do nothing to help .

Before my sentencing my opinion was, meh, so i'm going to jail, i'll just take a few courses while inside and voila head down a different path when i get out.. it doesn't work like that. you don't get to take courses you take what they tell you and nothing of any good
Because_They_Lie
Banned

MalaPropina wrote:Again: in this topic we are discussing the homeless. You could start another topic relating to the criminal lifestyles of other socioeconomic groups if you'd care to discuss.

An enormous amount of tax dollars go toward social services that goes into the services that the criminal repeat offenders use.

And before you throw your "rich people are criminals too!!" arguement about once again (sigh) I'll point out, again, that I'm not arguing that point with you. Its true, they are, move on. The topic here is turning the criminal element of the homeless population over to the justice system rather than alowing them to continue the behavior. Perhaps the justice system would be more successful with mandatory treatments for addiction and/or mental illness and the realization that there are actual consequences to their criminal actions. What we have now is clearly not working.

you appear to need mandatory treatment. That's all I see here.

You prefer going after the criminal that steals your car radio, most people would prefer to go after those that steal our clean air and water or modify our food supply for profit.

Id rather leave this dialogue than spend one more breath of word to discuss such issues with someone as misguided and ignorant and I will add arrogant as you are.
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

Appropriate!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 4.48.00 PM.jpg
fz6adventure
Board Meister

Post by fz6adventure »

MalaPropina wrote:[
Were you hoping for a big plot of crown land in the middle of downtown?

Public land is public land, regardless of whether the federal, provincial or local government is the caretaker

Return to “Central Okanagan”