Mind your own goose droppings sjw

LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Mind your own goose droppings sjw

Post by LTD »

Triple 6 wrote:
jsytnick wrote:Imagine if you had the ability to turn your head, close your eyes, or look away?

But I shouldn't have too. I should be able to walk freely w/o gun shots.

don't come walking around my neck of the woods then lol
jsytnick
Board Meister

Post by jsytnick »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 26th, 2018, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Making it personal
common_sense_guy
Übergod

Post by common_sense_guy »

so let's see. There were shot first which is quick and humane. Had the proper permits. Nobody forced her to watch. If she's a vegetarian or a vegan that I could see her getting all up in arms. But still doesn't change the fact that it was a legal shooting. Pretty sure the bird didn't care what was done to it after it was dead. I wonder how she thinks her meat gets to the plate. No sorry, the farmer doesn't ask the animal just to lay down and die for them, they have to shoot them. I also have a very weak stomach for violence of any kind and stuff like that so I would have looked away and left it at that. I think more people should learn to mind their own business. We're now in a society of complainers and it seems to be more Justified to complain about things you have no right to complain about.. that's my complaint
You don't learn when you are talking. You can only learn while you're listening.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

caebd658fbf4e3970e05b9e9bc8ddd35--agriculture-quotes-agriculture-farming.jpg
Triple 6

Post by Triple 6 »

LTD wrote:don't come walking around my neck of the woods then lol

Yeah I pretty much stay out of the woods! [icon_lol2.gif]
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

I think she had a right to be concerned. BUT after inquiring about it and confirming everything she was told by the proper authorities, It should have been left alone.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Mark5
Board Meister

Post by Mark5 »

It is too bad that some people let fear and anxiety rule their lives. Many people have become so isolated from the realities of the real world and nature that when they see something like this they recoil in horror and are disturbed. Firearms are tools and when used responsibly and carefully they are no different than driving cars. Here in the Okanagan we do not live on a major migratory flyway . North America has flyways that migratory ducks and geese use as they fly south in the winter and north in the summer. There is a flyway on the coast and on the prairies and back east in Ontario etc. Wherever there are lots of bodies of water and where food crops are grown and millions of birds use them. Ducks unlimited has helped these birds over the decades as well by ensuring habitat for them. The vast flocks of these birds is a wondrous sight to behold and I miss seeing this here in the Okanagan. We do however still get migrating birds including beautiful swans off the beaten path. But many of these ducks and geese stay here all year long because of our normally mild winters. They do ok here and we can even see Mallard ducks downtown on our sidewalks during the winter. But geese especially leave behind a lot of droppings and they affect our food crops negatively. So they have to be controlled somehow. Hunting in the fall helps but this area does not have many accessible marshes and water bodies to hunt them. So other measures have to be taken. This is one way that is cheap and effective. There is no threat to the populations of waterfowl and small calibre guns in the hands of expert people poses no real risk. it may be unpleasant and provoke fear in some but it is necessary to keep them in check.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

they should have considered things like this would happen when they dropped the cove in the middle of a nut farm and a horse pasture.now with the new apartment buildings going up it is only a matter of time until some dipwad complains about the stench of poop from bennets horses.just wait until the marmotts are in full force crapping all over the parking lot at the new apartments this summer.theywill be crying for the city to control the pests
AltaRed
Fledgling

Post by AltaRed »

There is indeed a real world out there, as compared to the distorted views of mostly urban folk who do not understand the balance of nature. I have not read all the preceding posts, so this might be repetitive. Canada Geese are actually an invasive species in the Okanagan Valley and were never intended to be here. They don't have many, if any, natural enemies and have become a health issue as well as crowding out natural species. The right thing to actually do would be to eradicate all of them in the Valley and surrounding environment.... or to at least sterilize them all so that they naturally die off. It is not what ill informed people want to hear, but it is what really should be done.

Added: To those that object, just look at the harm that has been done to the Hawaiian Islands due to the introduction of invasive species of both plants and animals. It is real folks.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Canada geese have been here as long as i can remember (over 40 years) the difference now is that they stay year round way back when they would fly south then return i guess the winters aren't quite as bad now so they stay
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

60-YEARS-in-Ktown wrote:Residential and agricultural side by side, often lead to a poor mix..

The same is said when they use helicopters to dry the cherries, or when they use the propane cannons to scare off birds.
Electronic Starling scare devices, live starling traps, and the list goes on.

How many geese is a single hunter allowed to kill/day and how many total in his possession?
Capture.JPG

10 per day with a total possession of 30.
http://www.bclaws.ca/Recon/document/ID/ ... /190_84_03
Bring back the LIKE button.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Feb 26th, 2018, 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

my favorite part "rip the heads off" lol i doubt it cut them off yes rip them off not likely
Kristo

Post by Kristo »

Sure you could just look away, but its gun shots..... of course if someone hears something like it would be reasonable to assume that they would be curious as to what is going on, especially so close to a public walkway.

I'm all for culling those nuisance pests, geese, rats, and I wish someone would do something about those stupid mourning doves, but was it really necessary to tear their heads off with his bare hands? How does tearing their heads off help control the geese coming back over just leaving the carcasses in the field, heads intact.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Kristo wrote: How does tearing their heads off help

Seemed to keep door to door salesmen away from Vlads place back in the day.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

Return to “Central Okanagan”