Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
Calculator

Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Post by Calculator »

Looks like venues are now starting to pull out of the current Hedley tour amid the newest sex assault allegations against front man Jacob Hoggard and the #MeToo movement.

Will Prospera now pull out our will they stand behind the band like they supported Bill Cosby?
LTD
Lord of the Board

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Post by LTD »

well you are guilty until proven innocent these days
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Given the OP is asking a question, the title of the topic is incorrect, as it should have a question mark at the end.

As it stands, it looks more like a statement.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
Calculator

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation

Post by Calculator »

Not sure if it should be more of a question or a call out for action and i don't know how to punctuate that.

Hedley has performed here a few times now so there may be the possibility of silent victims locally or the possibility of reoffending at this show.... but I get innocent until proven guilty.

I'm more of the let's not take the chance with our girls opinions.
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

Calculator wrote:Will Prospera now pull out our will they stand behind the band like they supported Bill Cosby?

Honouring a contract is not the same as standing behind someone or supporting them.

And was there a Cosby show at Prospera after the allegations against him blew up in 2015? I don't remember.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Post by gman313 »

their is probably a termination clause in the contract including something like either party may terminate this agreement providing x days notice. i'm sure Prospera has an out
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

LTD wrote:well you are guilty until proven innocent these days

Girl’s doc confirmed she was sexually assaulted.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Oh, I am betting it will be cancelled.. the list grows longer of women saying what he did
https://globalnews.ca/news/4053142/calg ... isconduct/
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

She was raped anally and vaginally after she refused to pee on him, and she went to doctor days later because everything was so sore days later. Hedley's music career is over.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Calculator

Post by Calculator »

Here is the link to the actual rape "allegation" ... very graphic
http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/he ... -1.4537263
Catri
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Catri »

There has never been a presumption of innocence in the court of public opinion. This guy exploited his celebrity to behave badly, now his celebrity is biting him on the *bleep* for it. That seems fair to me.
Bigjohn69
Fledgling

Post by Bigjohn69 »

Calculator wrote:Here is the link to the actual rape "allegation" ... very graphic
http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/he ... -1.4537263

She says he didn't stop assaulting her even though she was bleeding from her vagina and anus. At one point, she says, he pulled her off the bed by her legs and dragged her into the bathroom. She says Hoggard asked several times if he could urinate on her, then asked if she wanted to pee on him. She says he backed off when she kept repeating, "No, that's disgusting."

Doesnt sound very romantic .
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Catri wrote:

There has never been a presumption of innocence in the court of public opinion. This guy exploited his celebrity to behave badly, now his celebrity is biting him on the *bleep* for it. That seems fair to me.

if he's guilty he's guilty i have no issue with that ive never even heard of them, the problem is now a days its far to easy to ruin people through social media, youre supposed to be innocent until proven guilty but its just not that way anymore youre guilty until you prove your innocence, sad really. If this alleged sexual assault turns out to be made up the damage to the guys career is done it doesn't go away financially the damage is done as well people only seem to remember the bad things this kind of publicity will follow him around for a long time, however if he is guilty he deserves every bit of it .
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Catri wrote:

LTD wrote:if he's guilty he's guilty i have no issue with that ive never even heard of them, the problem is now a days its far to easy to ruin people through social media, youre supposed to be innocent until proven guilty but its just not that way anymore youre guilty until you prove your innocence, sad really. If this alleged sexual assault turns out to be made up the damage to the guys career is done it doesn't go away financially the damage is done as well people only seem to remember the bad things this kind of publicity will follow him around for a long time, however if he is guilty he deserves every bit of it .

I agree to a large extent, however this is more than just anonymous claims on social media, involving proven doctor's examinations and corroborated testimony from a number of individuals. Take into consideration those most closely involved regarding management have all fled like rats from a burning ship - and couldn't do it fast enough once news began to break. Keep in mind also, they admitted in their first news release on the matter that despite some of the initial claims were unsubstantiated, they have in the past "engaged in a lifestyle that incorporated certain rock 'n' roll clichés" , they chose to remove themselves from Juno nominations, and remove themselves from the awards performance - not the actions of someone attempting to claim their innocence.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

none of which makes them guilty either

Return to “Social Concerns”