Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Postby WalterWhite » Mar 9th, 2018, 10:11 am

Did I miss something in the news about this involving a 14 year-old? I can"t seem to find reference of it.
Forget Cialis, Viagra, or Levitra. When you need to get it up fast - reach for new and improved Westcorp. Proud official suppliers of Basran's *bleep*
WalterWhite
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2005
Likes: 1598 posts
Liked in: 2556 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2017, 4:56 pm

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Postby JayByrd » Mar 9th, 2018, 11:02 am

WalterWhite wrote:Did I miss something in the news about this involving a 14 year-old? I can"t seem to find reference of it.


The earliest allegations against the band happened in mid-February and were made anonymously, online, about them "partying" with underage girls while on the road. Nothing specific was said about any sexual activity. The band responded to the accusations and said they were "unsubstantiated" but didn't exactly deny them either. That was when their management company dropped them, and media companies began pulling them off the radio. The opening bands on the current tour also quit at this time.

The latest accusation is from a woman in Ottawa, who says Jacob Hoggard raped her while they were on a date two years ago.
My fervent hope is that you and your tax dollars will be reunited in the afterlife.

WalterWhite likes this post.
User avatar
JayByrd
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 3321
Likes: 645 posts
Liked in: 1362 posts
Joined: Aug 14th, 2006, 2:50 pm

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Postby Omnitheo » Mar 9th, 2018, 11:33 am

With some of the comments and excuses or justifications made in this thread, I would say Hoggards is not the only person that women and underage girls need to be careful around...
"The Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects all Canadians, every one of us, even when it is uncomfortable."
- Justin Trudeau

2 people like this post.
User avatar
Omnitheo
Lord of the Board
 
Posts: 4687
Likes: 7223 posts
Liked in: 3643 posts
Joined: Jul 19th, 2011, 10:10 am

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Postby WalterWhite » Mar 9th, 2018, 12:12 pm

JayByrd wrote:
WalterWhite wrote:Did I miss something in the news about this involving a 14 year-old? I can"t seem to find reference of it.


The earliest allegations against the band happened in mid-February and were made anonymously, online, about them "partying" with underage girls while on the road. Nothing specific was said about any sexual activity. The band responded to the accusations and said they were "unsubstantiated" but didn't exactly deny them either. That was when their management company dropped them, and media companies began pulling them off the radio. The opening bands on the current tour also quit at this time.

The latest accusation is from a woman in Ottawa, who says Jacob Hoggard raped her while they were on a date two years ago.


I’m quite familiar with the developments, and thank you. I’m just curious how a few comments recently made specific reference to this involving a 14 year old and whether it’s actually a reported “fact” or simply yet another assumption posted here that becomes a “fact”.
Forget Cialis, Viagra, or Levitra. When you need to get it up fast - reach for new and improved Westcorp. Proud official suppliers of Basran's *bleep*

2 people like this post.
WalterWhite
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2005
Likes: 1598 posts
Liked in: 2556 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2017, 4:56 pm

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Postby soupy » Mar 9th, 2018, 12:23 pm

Prediction here:

I really do not think any member of the band will ever be charged with anything.

Troutcreeker likes this post.
soupy
Fledgling
 
Posts: 346
Likes: 591 posts
Liked in: 320 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Postby the truth » Mar 9th, 2018, 1:21 pm

could they not just make sure these girls were at least 18 before they party with them
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
User avatar
the truth
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 15379
Likes: 10142 posts
Liked in: 6087 posts
Joined: May 16th, 2007, 9:24 pm
Location: kelowna

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Postby GordonH » Mar 9th, 2018, 1:29 pm

soupy wrote:Prediction here:

I really do not think any member of the band will ever be charged with anything.


You could be right, I suspect the court of public opinion has most likely made there ruling known..... and Hedley
When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you.
User avatar
GordonH
Buddha of the Board
 
Posts: 20919
Likes: 2350 posts
Liked in: 7434 posts
Joined: Oct 4th, 2008, 7:21 pm
Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Postby soupy » Mar 9th, 2018, 3:09 pm

GordonH wrote:
soupy wrote:Prediction here:

I really do not think any member of the band will ever be charged with anything.


You could be right, I suspect the court of public opinion has most likely made there ruling known..... and Hedley



I am curious to see what the outcome of some of these allegations in the future.

An interesting case is that of former football player Brian Banks. Young high school football star about to head to college and the NFL who was falsely accused and imprisoned for 6 years, plus intense probation upon release. 10 years after the fact the accuser was ordered to pay a $2.6 million settlement after admitting she had made it up.

**The settlement was actually a repayment of HER lawsuit in which she had received $1.5 million after she sued the school for not protecting her.

2 people like this post.
soupy
Fledgling
 
Posts: 346
Likes: 591 posts
Liked in: 320 posts
Joined: May 14th, 2006, 10:31 pm

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Postby WalterWhite » Mar 23rd, 2018, 7:03 pm

I’m all for one having their opinion - but some people clearly don’t grasp some situations. Hedley isn’t being held accountable for every band that plied the waters of rock and roll touring before them - it’s about Hoggard because he personally, as an individual is being accused, and at last update now investigated by police for sexual assault allegations against him. Unfortunately, and what this writer misses, is his personal actions are what have resulted in the demise of the band.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Letters/2 ... -all-bands

Taking rap for all bands
Contributed - Mar 23, 2018 / 11:00 am | Story: 221775
I am writing this letter in support of Hedley! I am a 50 something mother of 3 grown kids, and I felt I needed to stand behind this band. My daughter and I are attending the Kelowna show together.

I really feel that Hedley has taken the rap for all bands. I agree that what has been “alleged” to have happened between this band and a few fans is wrong, and that bands in general need to take a look at their conduct and keep things professional on every level. However I also agree that bands from all generations have done those same things on a regular basis. Some of these bands I won’t name names, have actually joked about their indiscretions in interviews I’ve seen! They are made to feel they are entitled. Well NO they are not entitled, and all of it needs to stop!

However, to make Hedley the scapegoat for all bands, to ruin their career, to shun and protest at their concerts, over accusations that are yet unproven is unfair and unreasonable! These guys know what they’ve done (if they have), they know they need to take action and be an example to their fans! They have already paid a big price for again what are “alleged” allegations. They also know how people feel about this kind of behaviour, and they know they represent this country, this province, and these communities. But I think at this point we as the fans of this local band need to stand behind them, give them the love and support they need to propel them forward! To encourage them to not give up, but to keep on keepin' on, and to learn from it rather than signing off permanently and stifling such talent!

My daughter and I will be there in support. I hope many will join us!

Angela Gouldsborough
Forget Cialis, Viagra, or Levitra. When you need to get it up fast - reach for new and improved Westcorp. Proud official suppliers of Basran's *bleep*
WalterWhite
Grand Pooh-bah
 
Posts: 2005
Likes: 1598 posts
Liked in: 2556 posts
Joined: Jan 31st, 2017, 4:56 pm

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Postby TreeGuy » Mar 24th, 2018, 11:50 am

Seriously?

Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 11.48.43 AM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
TreeGuy
Moderator
 
Posts: 2710
Likes: 1390 posts
Liked in: 2660 posts
Joined: Oct 9th, 2005, 10:02 pm
Location: Westbank

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Postby dirtybiker » Mar 24th, 2018, 12:04 pm

^^^What's FAM ?

Fetal Alcohol Mother ?
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"

TreeGuy likes this post.
dirtybiker
Guru
 
Posts: 6524
Likes: 5933 posts
Liked in: 2896 posts
Joined: Mar 8th, 2008, 7:00 pm
Location: Central OK

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Postby FreeRights » Mar 24th, 2018, 12:49 pm

Omnitheo wrote:With some of the comments and excuses or justifications made in this thread, I would say Hoggards is not the only person that women and underage girls need to be careful around...

I'm absolutely no fan of this band, but to suggest that those who wish to see the evidential ruling of guilt over innocence before casting judgement are rapists and paedophiles is indefensible.
Come quickly Jesus, we're barely holding on.

3 people like this post.
FreeRights
Guru
 
Posts: 5609
Likes: 308 posts
Liked in: 1981 posts
Joined: Oct 15th, 2007, 2:36 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Postby Rhime » Mar 24th, 2018, 4:53 pm

Got a refund last week. There's no way we could sleep at night knowing that this band got involved (guilty or not, something inappropriate happened) in wronging someone who just happens to be the same gender as my 12 yr old daughter and they decided or got up the courage to say something finally exposing them. We could not support that kind of behaviour and tell our kid that's cool. Other bigger named people are paying for this kind of stuff and these guys should not be the exception either.
Rhime
 
Posts: 35
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Nov 23rd, 2005, 2:57 pm
Location: Kelowna

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Postby Triple 6 » Mar 24th, 2018, 6:58 pm

Rhime wrote:Got a refund last week. There's no way we could sleep at night knowing that this band got involved (guilty or not, something inappropriate happened) in wronging someone who just happens to be the same gender as my 12 yr old daughter and they decided or got up the courage to say something finally exposing them. We could not support that kind of behaviour and tell our kid that's cool. Other bigger named people are paying for this kind of stuff and these guys should not be the exception either.


so basically you've taught your child that guilt before innocence.
"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." -- Josh Billings

2 people like this post.
Triple 6
Moderator
 
Posts: 19348
Likes: 3465 posts
Liked in: 3187 posts
Joined: Jan 14th, 2005, 3:30 pm
Location: West Kelowna

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Postby MAPearce » Mar 24th, 2018, 7:05 pm

(guilty or not, something inappropriate happened)


Would you feel the same if some said something untrue about you ???

You didn't do it , but I say you did so it must be true .......
I payed attention in High school....But not to what they were trying to teach me..

3 people like this post.
User avatar
MAPearce
Walks on Forum Water
 
Posts: 10835
Likes: 1506 posts
Liked in: 3885 posts
Joined: Nov 24th, 2009, 6:15 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Social Concerns

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests