Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Social, economic and environmental issues in our ever-changing world.
johnny24
Board Meister

Re: Hedley Kelowna Cancellation?

Post by johnny24 »

MAPearce wrote:
Yes...he did.

Did he ????

Hoggard’s lawyer confirmed that the pair met on Tinder and that the unidentified woman travelled from Ottawa to Hoggard’s hotel in Toronto.

The statement reads: “Jacob met ___ on Tinder. They agreed to get together to have sex. She travelled from Ottawa to his hotel in Toronto to be with him for that purpose. They spent the afternoon together and had consensual sex. She went back to Ottawa that same day.”

“Jacob is very sorry that ____ is upset,” that statement continues. “But that does not change the fact that they made a mutual plan to get together to have sex and they did just that. At no time did Jacob act badly or do anything without ___’s consent

Seems to read like she traveled from Ottawa to Toronto just to get laid ....

Or did I read that wrong ?

Not sure how you read it, but it clearly answers your question as to whether he dragged them into a hotel room:

The woman gave full detail of the alleged events in her interview with CBC. She states that she said “stop” repeatedly through tears when the lead singer allegedly started to choke her and then dragged her to the bathroom by her legs.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Ever had an uneasy feeling about someone? Ever had a reason to distrust someone, even though you can't be SURE that what you suspect is true?

Yeup .... I stepped back because it could be a trap ...

I also turn the lights on before I enter dark room when I hear a bump in the night ....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Not sure how you read it, but it clearly answers your question as to whether he dragged them into a hotel room:

The woman gave full detail of the alleged events in her interview with CBC. She states that she said “stop” repeatedly through tears when the lead singer allegedly started to choke her and then dragged her to the bathroom by her legs.

Now we're dickering over allegations AFTER she went there on he own free will and volition ..

I'm not doing that ... Read my last post ..

GO BACK ! it might be a trap .

ETA .. If said woman had a tighter sense of morality , she wouldn't have been there in the first place .

That's my point .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

MAPearce wrote:

Now we're dickering over allegations AFTER she went there on he own free will and volition ..

ETA .. If said woman had a tighter sense of morality , she wouldn't have been there in the first place .

That's my point .

- and I think you're still missing the point - "no" means no, and "stop" means stop. Regardless of what transpired prior, no matter how consensual - a line was crossed. Ever watched "The Accused" with Jodi Foster? Do you think she deserved that? Your logic indicates men in a strip club should be understood if they start groping a stripper who is also there on her "own free will and volition". Being a stripper, does that make it ok for men to proceed to act on whatever urge possesses them in the moment and excuse their lack of control, or worse, not heeding to a women's decision that she doesn't like it or wants it to stop?
johnny24
Board Meister

Post by johnny24 »

MAPearce wrote:

That's my point .

Yes, we see your point. Once a woman has given consent to be with a man, you feel she is his to treat as he pleases.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Yes, we see your point. Once a woman has given consent to be with a man, you feel she is his to treat as he pleases.

No ... When anyone goes out of their way to have "hippity dippity " with a rock star ( chortle) , like meet up on a notorious dating site, travel hundreds of miles , meet in a hotel room etc.. You're asking for it .

Good effing GRIEF . Why on EARTH is that so hard to understand ???

As much as I think Hedley's music just . plain . stinks . I don't care for this Hoggard character just as much , but for the love of Mary , can people be so stoopid to expect that the behavior they are trying to engage in won't come with consequences ???

Can you all be that dumb ????
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Mar 25th, 2018, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

And Walter....

- and I think you're still missing the point - "no" means no, and "stop" means stop. Regardless of what transpired prior, no matter how consensual - a line was crossed. Ever watched "The Accused" with Jodi Foster? Do you think she deserved that? Your logic indicates men in a strip club should be understood if they start groping a stripper who is also there on her "own free will and volition". Being a stripper, does that make it ok for men to proceed to act on whatever urge possesses them in the moment and excuse their lack of control, or worse, not heeding to a women's decision that she doesn't like it or wants it to stop?

How do you or myself or anyone else for that matter know that the type of "activity" that was agreed upon didn't include some sort of "kinky" behaviour ??

All we know is that he was ACCUSED of "mistreatment" ...
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

*removed*
Reason: Response to removed post.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

*removed*
Reason: Off Topic
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Omnitheo
Guru

Post by Omnitheo »

MAP doesn’t seem to understand, or respect what consent means. Meeting up with the intention of having sex isn’t an invitation to be raped. There is a very real difference between consensual sex and non-consensual sex and it starts with the word NO.

If you invite someone into your house, that is not an excuse for the guest to pillage it.

Victim shame all you want, but it just makes you appear more chauvinistic.
"Dishwashers, the dishwasher, right? You press it. Remember the dishwasher, you press it, there'd be like an explosion. Five minutes later you open it up the steam pours out, the dishes -- now you press it 12 times, women tell me again." - Trump
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

*Let's not start making it personal please. Attack the topic, not fellow posters. Thanks!
“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

MAPearce wrote:And Walter....

How do you or myself or anyone else for that matter know that the type of "activity" that was agreed upon didn't include some sort of "kinky" behaviour ??

All we know is that he was ACCUSED of "mistreatment" ...

As I stated previously, it matters not how consensual, or "kinky" as you prefer, was previously agreed or acknowledged - when someone says "no" - it means no. The fact any consensual agreement was initiated, as soon as anyone, man or woman, says "stop" - the consensual part is over. Anything forced against someone's will after the fact is considered sexual assault, no matter how kinky, slutty or lacking of moral judgement you think makes it ok.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

MAPearce wrote:

No ... When anyone goes out of their way to have "hippity dippity " with a rock star ( chortle) , like meet up on a notorious dating site, travel hundreds of miles , meet in a hotel room etc.. You're asking for it .

Good effing GRIEF . Why on EARTH is that so hard to understand ???

As much as I think Hedley's music just . plain . stinks . I don't care for this Hoggard character just as much , but for the love of Mary , can people be so stoopid to expect that the behavior they are trying to engage in won't come with consequences ???

Can you all be that dumb ????

I see now, underlined in your comment above, why this is a pointless discussion to have with you.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

ferri wrote:*Let's not start making it personal please. Attack the topic, not fellow posters. Thanks!

Let it go ferri , I can take it ..

Sadly, those who think I'm "off the mark" here may be those who , instead of teaching self preservation to their children , are those who expect gov'ts and human nature to do their work for them ...

Return to “Social Concerns”