A gas increase again?!

Not PC

A gas increase again?!

Post by Not PC »

Dan McTeague is full of crap. We get our gas from Alberta, not Sh*tcago! Another damn shill for BoG...

Funny, gas is 92.9 in Edmonton. http://www.albertagasprices.com
alanjh595
Banned

Re: A gas increase again?!

Post by alanjh595 »

Gas prices in Penticton jumped by eight cents in many locations on Tuesday.
Gas prices in the Okanagan are expected to jump by about nine cents per litre by Wednesday, and they likely won't drop back down by that amount anytime soon.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Penticton ... ut-to-jump
Bring back the LIKE button.
Wave101
Fledgling

Post by Wave101 »

The price of gas goes up and down and is generally expensive? No way!!

There are alternatives if you don't like the price of gas. Stop complaining and do something about it.
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

Wave101 wrote:The price of gas goes up and down and is generally expensive? No way!!

There are alternatives if you don't like the price of gas. Stop complaining and do something about it.

Please, do tell us what these alternatives are for getting goods to the local grocery stores?

Higher fuel prices has a much greater effect then at the pumps for our private vehicles :up:
Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

Not PC wrote:Dan McTeague is full of crap. We get our gas from Alberta, not Sh*tcago! Another damn shill for BoG...

Funny, gas is 92.9 in Edmonton. http://www.albertagasprices.com

Ha ha what a crock of s*** but in defence of Dan its an excuse we haven't heard before and i quote:

The increase at the pumps is due to a spot market hiccup in the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, he explained.

[icon_lol2.gif]
Dizzy1
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Dizzy1 »

dodgerdodge wrote:
Ha ha what a crock of s*** but in defence of Dan its an excuse we haven't heard before and i quote:

The increase at the pumps is due to a spot market hiccup in the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, he explained.

[icon_lol2.gif]

Amazing how a spot market hiccup in the Chicago Mercantile Exchange only effects the gas price in a few select markets :132:

Nobody wants to hear your opinion. They just want to hear their own opinion coming out of your mouth.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

BC has 4 terminals for fuel distribution, here is yesterday rack price for each one.
Prince George is .707 per/litre (last 10 days up .05 cents)
Kamloops is .775 per/litre (last 10 days up .05 cents)
Vancouver is .881 per/litre (last 10 days up .078 cents)
Nanaimo is .897 per/litre (last 10 days up .078 cents)
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

dodgerdodge wrote:

[icon_lol2.gif]

Actually that excuse has been used before.. couple times. seems to be the one that the sheeple are buying best. Oh and here. i'll beat Dan to the next increase which will be coming shortly..summer fuel. Costs more to produce then winter fuel..get your wallets out
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

The price of gas went up. Are you still buying it at the same level/frequency you were before? Then there's your reason for why the price of gas went up.

People don't like to hear that their insatiable appetite for a good is the reason for its price increase, so the oil industry has had to come up with a long list of reasons that people will buy into instead.
Over and Out

Post by Over and Out »

Gas has always fluctuated as long as I can remember. Just like every other commodity, the price of gas varies. No one is forcing you to purchase gas, driving is a choice, it's not forced on anyone. Either you accept that gas is necessary expense or you can find alternative ways to get around. This old complaint has been beaten to death.
dodgerdodge
Lord of the Board

Post by dodgerdodge »

And likewise here we go with the "stop complaining" posts from those that have money to burn and or have no vehicle to buy gas for. Yes its oh so simple to stop driving and find alternative means of getting to work, dropping/collecting kids, getting to grocery stores with countless bags to carry and generally run your life. I know there's that magic bus that runs every 10 minutes from end of my road to anywhere i want at any time of day or night............... :smt045
Jonrox

Post by Jonrox »

So you're confirming your strong demand for a product, yet want it sold for less... even though your buying behaviour suggests you're perfectly fine with the price. Makes sense.

You complain about the margins they make on gas, yet have no problem paying significantly higher margins on virtually everything else you buy. Also makes sense.
sublime
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by sublime »

Jonrox wrote: You complain about the margins they make on gas, yet have no problem paying significantly higher margins on virtually everything else you buy. Also makes sense.

The issue is there is major price fixing, but yet the government decides to target the bread industry instead of the gas and oil which lines their pockets. Hmm...
The ignore list is a fine function... Reading or responding to fear mafia posts is a waste of time.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Current price:
$1.269 — taxes (this includes GST) .3567 — price at Kamloops terminal/rack price .764 = .1483 (so this is amount the station owner/manger makes) this is just on regular fuel

Taxes = .3567
Rack price = .764

Owner/manger, the amount per/litre he/she gets = .1483 (this is why many fuel stations have either a store &/or fast food)
Out of this amount comes all the expenses.... i.e station lease, hydro cost, employee wages etc...etc

Rack price can change daily
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Sparki55
Guru

Post by Sparki55 »

Why does the cost at the pump go up before the station uses all the gas it bought at the previous price? All the stations do not run out of cheaper gas at the exact same moment; yet all raise their prices at the same time.

When the rack price goes down they also don't lower the price immediately, they need to "use up" all the expensive gas they bought which coincides with all the other stations at the same time.

It's a :cuss: joke to try to explain this.

Gordon H, .1483 is plenty of money for a station to make off of gas.

The average station around here probably gets 20 customers an hour from 7am to 8pm and maybe 2 customers an hour the rest of the time. Let's say about 250 customers a day to account for a slow day. Say each car buys 40L of gas. That's a profit on gas of $1542 a day!. That equals over $500,000 a year profit on gas, from that they can pay to have 2 full time staff on 24 hours a day ($262,000 for the year) and the rest of there expenses and still have over $100,000 left for themselves. All the other sales in the gas station are just pure profit in my eyes; overpriced goods.

Return to “Central Okanagan”