GEID Water rates

drex1999
Board Meister

Re: GEID Water rates

Post by drex1999 »

At the time I relented and had my meter put in, all of Lake Country was getting their meters for free via grants from the Provincial gov. Don't ask me why we got hosed on it, but not paying for the meter means you get hosed even more.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

alanjh595 wrote:I live within the GEID and pay $2,200 for taxes, all in. Garbage water, sewer, etc. Something doesn't add up here??????

Your taxes do not include water if your in a single residential home. You are billed separately from the GEID.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

There has to be someone out here in the Castanet world that gets billed from the GEID and is using a meter. Would like to find and average monthly charge. :D
69cutlass
Übergod

Post by 69cutlass »

In glenmore. Metered with suite. Before the meter was being charged 150 per door so 300 per 1/4. After meter im about 250 per 1/4 for spring summer and 190 fall winter per 1/4. All in all about 900 a year.
lesliepaul
Lord of the Board

Post by lesliepaul »

Just got our GEID water bill for January 1, 2018 through February 28, 2018.

50 cu. meters used, bill $94.50. This is our first bi-monthly bill.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Thank you both. I guess it’s time to get that meter put in place :-X
joelk

Post by joelk »

We are family of five and our latest bill was $92.30. Our highest bill is typically the fall one, with watering of our small vegetable garden and yard (.12 lot) over the summer. Our last fall bill was $192.55 for three months.
racewife
Board Meister

Post by racewife »

Just received by GEID water bill. Bill from Jan 01/18 to Feb 28/18 is $100.50.
I have no meter but I do have Farm Status. Ellison area. It says Residential Flat Rate-Ellison.
Nucks

Post by Nucks »

Prior to the water meter we installed we were paying the flat quarterly rate of $150 ($50/mo). We just got our bi-monthly bill and it was for $83 ($41.50/mo). We are a household of two with a 0.14 lot. Out of the total bill, only about $8 of it was for actual water consumption, the rest being delivery/service charges. Hope that helps.
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

Nucks wrote:Prior to the water meter we installed we were paying the flat quarterly rate of $150 ($50/mo). We just got our bi-monthly bill and it was for $83 ($41.50/mo). We are a household of two with a 0.14 lot. Out of the total bill, only about $8 of it was for actual water consumption, the rest being delivery/service charges. Hope that helps.

Thank you and personally I think that’s terrible. We have to buy the meter, pay for install and then most of the cost is just for delivery/service charge. Rip off! :-X
glorybee2

Post by glorybee2 »

My bill averages $700 - $800 per year. Ridiculous for a single household of 1. As previously stated it's not so much the consumption it's the delivery charge. Tried talking to GEID and I was told they were too busy and had wasted enough time trying to justify the expense to me". I've talked to several people that live in stratas and their strata fees have not changed in the last 2 years. How can that be when they also get water thru GEID. Where's the delivery charge to strata units! Funny how they all have lovely green lawns.
rainandsun

Post by rainandsun »

Water is Life! Interesting about water rate and the price to deliver ! and also selling water like this article from the Council of Canadians... https://secure.canadians.org/page/20925 ... id=1306274
farmerjoe

Post by farmerjoe »

Hi, Whoever heard of a utility company making or rather forcing the customer to pay for a water meter plus the installation and they own it? It is like buying a a car and then someone says its not yours , it is the automobile dealers? Wow talk about exploitation.
My water bill is $200 monthly........I paid it last time in toonies,,,,,,,this time I pay in loonies.
t76turbo
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by t76turbo »

Yup my cost is also flat rate of $200 a month for my rental house, my tenants reimburse me flat rate of $50 per month for that home.
The farm portion is roughly $1200 a year on top and I use no water, fields are fallow. So that’s $3600 annually. Gangster rip-off!

Need that meter installed!
I really like your post, just can’t find the button. I’m part of the fringe minority.
Defund the CBC? You bet, they are part of the spreading hate machine, protecting their captain!
Whyme2
Übergod

Post by Whyme2 »

farmerjoe wrote:Hi, Whoever heard of a utility company making or rather forcing the customer to pay for a water meter plus the installation and they own it? It is like buying a a car and then someone says its not yours , it is the automobile dealers? Wow talk about exploitation.
My water bill is $200 monthly........I paid it last time in toonies,,,,,,,this time I pay in loonies.

I know it’s total B.S. but eventually you’ll have to give in because of the ridiculous cost per month without the the meter.
Our cost is now a 1/3rd of what it was without a meter. :up:

Return to “Central Okanagan”