Threat @ Boucherie

kelownman
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Threat @ Boucherie

Post by kelownman »

This poll is predictable yet laughable at the same time. Schools and Districts policy on discipline is incremental leading to the ulimate discipline measure of "may result in" explusion.

The poll should have read, IF this was your child, what would you do... the results would be entirely different.

Capture.JPG
alanjh595
Banned

Post by alanjh595 »

kelownman wrote:This poll is predictable yet laughable at the same time. Schools and Districts policy on discipline is incremental leading to the ulimate discipline measure of "may result in" explusion.

The poll should have read, IF this was your child, what would you do... the results would be entirely different.

Capture.JPG

I agree. AND what does a high school child learn from getting a criminal record?
That child can no longer;
Travel internationally, and neither can the rest of his/her family if they include him. (I am inserting "him", but include her as well) Just imagine the stigmatism attached to preventing his younger siblings from going to Disneyland?
Get a job that requires a record check, even as a janitor at an old folks home.
Forget about getting a government job for life. Including, garbage collector for the city/municipality.

What category would these criminal charges be placed under in the CCC? Domestic terrorism? What kind of life would this child lead after making a mistake of uttering threats to a school and giving him a criminal record? Isn't childhood full of lessons learned from mistakes made?

Are there that many people out there that would destroy a child's life, future over a phone prank?
Bring back the LIKE button.
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

So, where's all the apologies and regretful posts and "Ooops - my bad" owed to the school and school board administrators, RCMP and others that were directly involved in investigating this matter and ultimately reassured the public this was in fact a non-event and had been dealt with?

Through media, they have basically said "don't worry - we have this". I would like to know how they know that, what they have done to ensure nothing will happen.. etc.

Maybe the reason this wasn't made a big issue - was because it wasn't one. Maybe the details of the matter were deemed not to be any business of the public (cue the shock and horror - how dare they not tell us everything - we have a right to know?!) The school district and school administration as well as the RCMP stated the matter had been dealt with and was no longer considered a threat. They tried to downplay it on purpose - so it wouldn't become a bigger issue than it was, yet some here were adamant they knew better. Over-react much?

Return to “Central Okanagan”