Art in Kelowna, should the City buy it? Or?

Should the City of Kelowna buy this sculpture with their allotted Public Arts funds?

Yes, whomever is in charge of acquistions in the City of Kelowna needs to make an offer.
29%
No, the City of Kelowna does not need more public art on display.
7%
Undecided, it depends upon asking price.
14%
OH NO! The new mall owners don't realize what a treasure they have and should find a way to incorporate it into their plans
18%
Do not care what happens to the sculpture.
25%
I hate art, burn it.
7%

Total votes: 28

KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Re: Art in Kelowna, should the City buy it? Or?

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

Looks like something that would belong in rezbank or top of knox mountain
Even Steven
Guru

Post by Even Steven »

vinnied wrote:I did not know wood could not be treated. okay so we put a roof over it

Can't be just a roof. Needs to be an actual building protecting it and probably keep it at a certain temperature and humidity level.

So now we're building a pavilion in the park just for a statue that we had to buy.

And it's not even that beautiful. Looks very generic and kitschy.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Even Steven wrote:
vinnied wrote:I did not know wood could not be treated. okay so we put a roof over it

Can't be just a roof. Needs to be an actual building protecting it and probably keep it at a certain temperature and humidity level.

So now we're building a pavilion in the park just for a statue that we had to buy.

yeah ..that was sarcasm.
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
dle
Lord of the Board

Post by dle »

Even Steven wrote:

Problem solved! We already have plans ongoing to build a very expensive tourism "pavillion" in the park that would be a great place for the carving....
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

Even Steven wrote:

dle wrote:Problem solved! We already have plans ongoing to build a very expensive tourism "pavillion" in the park that would be a great place for the carving....

Lol - beat me to it - the new Tourism Kelowna building would be a perfect place for an installation such as this.

Return to “Central Okanagan”