Value Village Olympic Torch

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Value Village Olympic Torch

Post by Queen K »

scotty31 wrote:Just curious... How could she have a receipt if it was given to her?

I'm not sure about how I'm thinking this, but her dad may have had to have buy it after running with it, I don't think the runners just got them. So he also gave the reciept with the item.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
oneh2obabe
feistres Goruchaf y Bwrdd

Post by oneh2obabe »

Only the runners and the members of National Olympic Committees (NOCs) are able to purchase the torch. Cost of the Vancouver 2010 torch was $350US.
Dance as if no one's watching, sing as if no one's listening, and live everyday as if it were your last.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Lady tehMa
A Peer of the Realm

Post by Lady tehMa »

oneh2obabe wrote:Only the runners and the members of National Olympic Committees (NOCs) are able to purchase the torch. Cost of the Vancouver 2010 torch was $350US.

My sister in law ran in Saskatchewan - she bought hers.
I haven't failed until I quit.
Symbonite
Lord of the Board

Post by Symbonite »

I saw that torch a month ago and it was 649 and then a week later it was dropped to 599.

At first I was like...who the heck would just give that away to Valuet Village of all places.....if your going to donate it should have gone somewhere else. But I was seriously really thinking about buy that when I saw it because well when is the next time your going to be able to get one. so I almost bought it...the dilemma would have been...would I give it to her or just keep it.

Such a nice torch and especially being Winter olympics this year...just so close....maybe it was good I didnt buy it...then people would have been all over me that is...if they found out i had it.
**Disclaimer: The above statement is in my OPINION only.
ferri
Forum Administrator

Post by ferri »

“Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. Intelligent people ignore.”
― Albert Einstein
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

Symbonite wrote:I saw that torch a month ago and it was 649 and then a week later it was dropped to 599.

At first I was like...who the heck would just give that away to Valuet Village of all places.....if your going to donate it should have gone somewhere else. But I was seriously really thinking about buy that when I saw it because well when is the next time your going to be able to get one. so I almost bought it...the dilemma would have been...would I give it to her or just keep it.

Such a nice torch and especially being Winter olympics this year...just so close....maybe it was good I didnt buy it...then people would have been all over me that is...if they found out i had it.

You'd have a reciept right? Then it would have been HER duty to do the right thing, admit her mistake and buy it back from you.

In my opinion only. :up:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Odd how it got donated.. wonder if she will try to sell it now. I always thought the Runners got them for free ( would take more than a torch to get me to run anywhere btw)
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

normaM wrote: ( would take more than a torch to get me to run anywhere btw)

Imo that would depend on where the torch is.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

Queen K wrote:
Symbonite wrote:I saw that torch a month ago and it was 649 and then a week later it was dropped to 599.

You'd have a reciept right? Then it would have been HER duty to do the right thing, admit her mistake and buy it back from you.

In my opinion only. :up:

That, or perhaps VV would reverse the transaction, refund the buyer and return the torch to the owner... at least that's what I think would the right thing to do in that case.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Bman wrote:
normaM wrote: ( would take more than a torch to get me to run anywhere btw)

Imo that would depend on where the torch is.

For me , it would be how many beers I gots left at 10:52 pm.....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
normaM
The Pilgrim

Post by normaM »

Ha! Only running I do is my mouth. For Jason Momoa I might power walk :/
We should have a Castanet torch - most burns of the year
If there was a Loser contest you'd come in second

Return to “Central Okanagan”