Pot will be big business?

mnprochnau
Banned

Pot will be big business?

Post by mnprochnau »

Man I hope not, and we sure shouldn't let anything from south of the 49th have anything to do with it at all. Every dollar an American company makes in Canada goes straight back across the line. Oh sure jobs for locals blah blah.... A Canadian company could do the same. Rumor has it every person in Canada will be able to grow 4 plants. If that is the case then the The Marajuana industry should be stopped in its tracks be people just like you and I growing our own weed in the back yard. Invest $50 and get some seeds off the net. Their available just look. Get some regular seeds and have a crop of seed weed you'll never have to buy seeds again. Then invest another couple hundred on a little indoor system for your closet, 10 or 20 square feet of floor somewhere in your house will do. Now you have a steady supply and never have to dish out fifty a week for bud. Its like wine I could go spend $20 on a bottle of wine or spend $45 on a wine kit and make 30 bottles Math is fun. Good thing is you can do math to. 1 person 4 plants, 2 people 8 plant. Pretty easy, Eh? Anyways that's my solution to this problem and my work here is done. Have a great day.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Re: Pot will be big business?

Post by MAPearce »

Pot just plain stinks ...

If pot becomes "big business" and is legalized where on EARTH will I be able to go OR take my kids without smelling that rancid odor ??

I went to the Short Stop CBW today and when I got out of the car , all I could smell was pot ... I went into the store and all I could smell was cinnamon Febreeze because those who were smoking the pot went into the store , mid fatty , and made their purchase ... They stank that store out so bad .....

I'm NOT looking forward to pot being big business..
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

Im curious as to how many people are going to grow their own and whether or not a business that consults/assists the future home grower in Techniques, strains, mediums, Lighting, nutrients, harvesting, curing etc would be in demand. As a former grower with over 7 years of experience i'm thinking my knowledge could be very handy here soon.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

mnprochnau wrote:Man I hope not, and we sure shouldn't let anything from south of the 49th have anything to do with it at all. Every dollar an American company makes in Canada goes straight back across the line. Oh sure jobs for locals blah blah.... A Canadian company could do the same. Rumor has it every person in Canada will be able to grow 4 plants. If that is the case then the The Marajuana industry should be stopped in its tracks be people just like you and I growing our own weed in the back yard. Invest $50 and get some seeds off the net. Their available just look. Get some regular seeds and have a crop of seed weed you'll never have to buy seeds again. Then invest another couple hundred on a little indoor system for your closet, 10 or 20 square feet of floor somewhere in your house will do. Now you have a steady supply and never have to dish out fifty a week for bud. Its like wine I could go spend $20 on a bottle of wine or spend $45 on a wine kit and make 30 bottles Math is fun. Good thing is you can do math to. 1 person 4 plants, 2 people 8 plant. Pretty easy, Eh? Anyways that's my solution to this problem and my work here is done. Have a great day.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it 4 plants per household?

Edited to add:
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/health/campaigns/legalizing-strictly-regulating-cannabis-facts.html

Controlled access

Should the Cannabis Act come into force, adults who are 18 years or older would be able to legally:

possess up to 30 grams of legal dried cannabis or equivalent in non-dried form
share up to 30 grams of legal cannabis with other adults
purchase dried or fresh cannabis and cannabis oil from a provincially-licensed retailer
In those provinces that have not yet or choose not to put in place a regulated retail framework, individuals would be able to purchase cannabis online from a federally-licensed producer.
grow up to 4 cannabis plants per residence for personal use from licensed seed or seedlings
make cannabis products, such as food and drinks, at home provided that organic solvents are not used
The sale of cannabis edible products and concentrates would be authorized no later than 12 months following the coming into force of the proposed legislation
Last edited by Anonymous123 on Mar 15th, 2018, 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
wanderer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by wanderer »

THC Biomed is a local company. They currently can only supply medical clients but soon will be able to supply plants and seeds to the recreational client. They have a public support forum on their website for help on growing plants.

Actually the Okanagan has several publicly traded Marihuana companies.
RVThereYet
Übergod

Post by RVThereYet »

MAPearce wrote:Pot just plain stinks ...

If pot becomes "big business" and is legalized where on EARTH will I be able to go OR take my kids without smelling that rancid odor ??

I went to the Short Stop CBW today and when I got out of the car , all I could smell was pot ... I went into the store and all I could smell was cinnamon Febreeze because those who were smoking the pot went into the store , mid fatty , and made their purchase ... They stank that store out so bad .....

I'm NOT looking forward to pot being big business..

I'm with you on that, I don't much care for the smell either. I can tolerate it if its very faint, but I can see how some of these potheads will enjoy their new found freedom and be smoking that *bleep* anywhere and everywhere since "it's legal now dude". I'm especially concerned if it will be around younger kids at beaches and parks etc. Sure, they say it won't be allowed anywhere regular tobacco smoking is not allowed, but I see people ignoring those laws all the time, and something tells me it will be even worse with pot, at least initially until maybe some of the novelty wears off. Every freaking beach and park in town will have a haze of pot smoke hanging over it like this:
420-vancouver-crowd.jpg
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

seed run ya about 10 buck each and up online and clones online are out of this world. 4 plants of outdoor in your back yard isnt going to do much for you either .it is going to be big business .it already is
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I feel that the market is going to start off oversaturated though. There will be plenty of growers closing shop in a few years.
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Nedroj wrote:Im curious as to how many people are going to grow their own and whether or not a business that consults/assists the future home grower in Techniques, strains, mediums, Lighting, nutrients, harvesting, curing etc would be in demand. As a former grower with over 7 years of experience i'm thinking my knowledge could be very handy here soon.

uumm its not very hard
one wheel
Übergod

Post by one wheel »

There is something going on that's not clear to me, why is marijuana being legalised in so many states & countries all at the same time ?
Nedroj
Übergod

Post by Nedroj »

LTD wrote:
Nedroj wrote:Im curious as to how many people are going to grow their own and whether or not a business that consults/assists the future home grower in Techniques, strains, mediums, Lighting, nutrients, harvesting, curing etc would be in demand. As a former grower with over 7 years of experience i'm thinking my knowledge could be very handy here soon.

uumm its not very hard

No, Its not very hard to grow a plant but there is a huge difference between indoor and outdoor in regards to total yield and quality. Nobody wants low quality outdoor weed these days. If a household is only allowed to grow 4 plants, wouldn't you want to maximize the crop as much as possible? Any teenager can grow pot and get an ounce. but it takes someone that knows what they are doing to properly setup a grow room, with the right materials to create the best possible environment which ensures Bugs, Mold and Overheating is not a problem and watering, nutrient mixing is done right to be able to pull 1.5-2.0 lbs per 1000 watt. A standard for all growers is if you cant pull 1 lb per 1000 watt light then you are doing something very wrong.
'I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand' - Confucius
mnprochnau
Banned

Post by mnprochnau »

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it 4 plants per household?

WELL YOU'LL GET NO ARGUMENT FROM ME ON THAT. If you say so it's fer sure true. My bad. Makes that math equation a little easier dough.
Anonymous123
Lord of the Board

Post by Anonymous123 »

Off Topic. Thanks to the Mod that fixed the typo.
Be careful when you follow the masses.
Sometimes the M is silent
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

"Pot Will Be Big Business?"

I believe that's the epitome of what one would call a rhetorical question. Weed's always been big business - now the feds have finally realized just how big - they want a piece of it.
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

Nedroj wrote:[quote=j"]

No, Its not very hard to grow a plant but there is a huge difference between indoor and outdoor in regards to total yield and quality. Nobody wants low quality outdoor weed these days. If a household is only allowed to grow 4 plants, wouldn't you want to maximize the crop as much as possible? Any teenager can grow pot and get an ounce. but it takes someone that knows what they are doing to properly setup a grow room, with the right materials to create the best possible environment which ensures Bugs, Mold and Overheating is not a problem and watering, nutrient mixing is done right to be able to pull 1.5-2.0 lbs per 1000 watt. A standard for all growers is if you cant pull 1 lb per 1000 watt light then you are doing something very wrong.

once again its not hard your 'skills" aren't special lol

Return to “Central Okanagan”