Local DJ accused of sex assaults

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Local DJ accused of sex assaults

Post by the truth »

"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Local DJ accused of sex assaults

Post by Queen K »

the truth wrote:https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story-221235-1-.htm#221235 --wow-- what a piece of work

“Although we lack concrete information to confirm or deny these allegations, the nature and volume of the accusations demand swift and decisive action,” Deckstar told Billboard.com. ”We have always held ourselves and clients to the highest standards and believe that at this time it is in the best interest of our company and staff to move on.”

No evidence.
NO written statements though lawyers.
No trial.

Nothing to say several women can't plan to ruin a man a co-ordinated on-line defamation attack is made.

UNLESS the accused has confessed that he has indulged in what he has been accused of, of course.

Disturbing to say the least.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
louie1963

Post by louie1963 »

So the courts have said that an intoxicated person isn't in a position to give consent.Should it not be the same for an intoxicated male.Did these females take advantage of a drunk guy?
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

a musician banged a bunch of intoxicated chicks ? you dont say
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

I think the key points here are "Grossly intoxicated" and "Multiple accusations".

What I find ironic is people condemning the actions taken against this musician because they don't have published "proof" yet they're making these statements with little or no knowledge themselves. Pot calling kettle black for sure.

We have no clue if it the dude was guilty or if the actions taken are appropriate. Anyone arguing either way is taking wild guesses and should be ignored.
Snarf
Übergod

Post by Snarf »

CANADIAN CHARTER OF RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS:

11(d) to be presumed innocent until proven guilty according to law in a fair and public hearing by an independent and impartial tribunal;
JayByrd
Lord of the Board

Post by JayByrd »

I had the same reaction when the allegations against Jacob Hoggard/Hedley came to light.

I'm not saying I don't believe the women who have made these accusations, but it's alarming how easy it is to torpedo someone's career in this way. The backlash is so extreme against any type of sexual misconduct (and I'm not saying it shouldn't be) that businesses have no choice but to immediately distance themselves from those who are accused.

While I agree, innocent until proven guilty, it's worth noting that Datsik voluntarily cancelled his shows and stepped down from his record label. And he did not deny the allegations made against him.
When someone says they pay taxes, you know they're about to be an ******e.
TylerM4
Lord of the Board

Post by TylerM4 »

So here's the problem with the whole "innocent until proven guilty" argument. It backfires - bigtime. Proving guilt takes on average a couple of years in our court system. When that person is finally proven guilty now there's a lawsuit (or multiple suits) claiming "xxx didn't take action when they 1st heard of the accusations leading to more victims" and suddenly haters are coming out of the woodwork and you or your company is branded as protecting a predator. There are examples of this everywhere. Ghomeshi is a good one, and perhaps you've heard about Harvey Weinstein?

So what do you want? Do you want action taken to prevent more potential victims or do you want innocent until proven guilty?

Me - I prefer somewhere in the middle. "Multiple credible accusations" seems like a good middle ground to me. Got a better suggestion?
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

DJ's are the modern day rockstars. Would this be the first time a music artist had sex with an intoxicated fan/groupie?

The hair bands of the 80's sure dodged a bullet.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

Ive worked security for this DJ. Lots of people i know know Troy quite well. He has made a lot of money. Guess hes gonna be spending it on Lawyers.

Guy had a nice little woman. Wonder why it went wrong. Guess being a big star has its perks and its drawbacks
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Gixxer
Lord of the Board

Post by Gixxer »

real victim's of sexual assault or groupies looking for a pay day?
Prestige Mike
Board Meister

Post by Prestige Mike »

Pretty crazy story. Seeing as how this is a Kelowna forum, I'm sure some of us know Troy. I have sort of known Troy since he was a teenager (he's friends of a friend). Always seemed like a nice kid.

To me, it seems like the allegations can be framed in two ways. One, he was intentionally targeting and drugging women to have non-consensual sex. Or Two, he was partying after shows, sharing drinks and drugs, and having consensual drugged-up sex, but then in some cases ditching these women after the sex. The second framing shows immoral and crappy behavior, but does not fall under the 'rape' category so many people are labeling him.

I'll wait to see how this unfolds before I pass judgement.

Return to “Central Okanagan”