Doesn't remember stabbing....

the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Re: Doesn't remember stabbing....

Post by the truth »

so are you friends of the victim or the accused
plonk
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

I could care less if they found him guilty of 2nd degree murder, or manslaughter. however i do care what the sentence will be. Far to often when someone is stabbed to death the killer walks, and what better with this case, the lawyer is using the Gladue report to get to make sure he serves no time, and as of yet so far has been in a recovery center for alcoholism.
What a slap in the face to the family of the victim. Like the mother said. they wouldn't even use his name in court, just referred to as the deceased
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

vinnied wrote:...

Like the mother said. they wouldn't even use his name in court, just referred to as the deceased

Oh, but they did use Waylon Percy Junior Jacksons' name, and referred to him as "Mr. Jackson", many, many times. Plus, the Mum wasn't there most of the time and understandably and perhaps even justifiably biased. I feel for the family, the jury, Waylon and even the accused, Chad Colton Alphonse, and I myself choked back the tears at some points in the trial. May I suggest that you leave the job of misinformation up to the news media and Google?
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

GordonH wrote:
As I've said few times on this forum, Canadian justice system does not appear to give a damn about the victims.

Perhaps telling your MP is a better start at making change than being a target for Trolls in here? There are groups and organizations that are pressing for reform. They can use all the support they can get to effect positive change. Maybe starting with them will help?

just an idea...

j
WARNING::: Anything you say can and will be taken out of context by many and used against you in a Court of Social Media.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Jim Dixon wrote: May I suggest that you leave the job of misinformation up to the news media and Google?

Im not distributing any misinformation. Anyone that read the article would have read the exact same thing. Perhaps you lobby for Castanet to quit distributing misinformation if you feel that strongly about it.

His name was Waylon Percy Junior Jackson, not 'the deceased,' as he was frequently referred to at the murder trial for his killer over the past three weeks.

“I did not name him deceased, and I do not like it that he was referring to my son as the deceased in the courtroom,” said Christine Whiskeyjack, Jackson's mother.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... t-a-nobody
[(4-Hydroxybutyl)azanediyl]di(hexane-6,1-diyl) bis(2-hexyldecanoate), ALC-0315 equivalent, is a ionizable, physiological pH cationic synthetic lipid that is used with other lipids to form lipid nanoparticles(LNP) for drug delivery, For research use only.
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

He'll get preferential sentencing because of the color of his skin.
Equitable fairness in the Canadian justice system.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

and that's a fact
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

vinnied wrote:
Jim Dixon wrote: May I suggest that you leave the job of misinformation up to the news media and Google?

Im not distributing any misinformation. Anyone that read the article would have read the exact same thing. Perhaps you lobby for Castanet to quit distributing misinformation if you feel that strongly about it.

yadda, yadda, yadda....

I am sorry for Mr. Jackson's mum. A mothers' never ending nightmare. I also understand her at being upset and critical of the system, but irregardless, there was only one real investigative reporter there, and he doesn't write stories for Castanet. There is nothing to indicate the article [sic] was true and correct. It IS misinformation in that the story was told to make a story. As in, "If it leads, it bleeds and follow it up with ducks and kids" tabloid-style of so-called journalism. A real reporter would have looked at, and presented Mum's side plus the facts recorded within the transcripts. When any story writer picks up hearsay, and drags it in to the Court of Social Media (AKA Muddiea) via a sNews medium, they muddy the water with choreographed tales, not news.

The truth is, everyone in that court room showed a great deal of respect for Mr. Jackson as well as Mr. Alphonse and addressed them appropriately.

I notice the racial slurs in here aimed at both parties. I didn't think that many *Apathacans were so Americanized. I am ashamed of my fellow country-people for displaying such prejudices. Once they do that, they are no longer Canadians in my book, but I'm sure some will come their rescue.

In the end vinnied, from the moment Mr. Alphonse was arrested, to the final verdict, it was clear that not one person saw any "color" [sic] - the police, the paramedics, witnesses, sheriffs, jury, and court officers saw a tragic event involving human beings. Colour was never, ever, a mention or consideration. Again, americanized Apathacans stirring the pot and remaining the problem, not part of the solution.

IMHO I feel we must all remember that the news "medium" is just that - the conduit between the event and the reader. In other words, a newspaper, TV station, website displaying or reporting current events are individually the news 'medium'. And "News Media" refers to them all as a group. And as we all should remember, they are the "news medium" because it is 'very rare' that it is ever 'well done'.

I only remember hearing the word "deceased" used once - maybe twice. "Mr. Jackson" was used too many times to count. There is a time to use "deceased" in the proper context in court, but Mr. Jackson received a insurmountable amount of due respect - by everyone. For the medium to highlight a smidgen of issue, is another stab at the heart of real journalism.

There are not just TWO sides to every story. There are THREE. There is His side, Her side, and somewhere in between is the TRUTH. Be cool - look for the 3rd side. With the Media, there is the Event, the Story and the Truth. Too often all we get is the story.

just sayin...

j
some in-humane here use this social medium and propaganda to to promote racism and their prejudices and were left to run off at the mouth (AKA keyboard), hiding behind their alter egos and getting away with it. But try to describe the children's story regarding a cat in boots and you could get banned, slammed, or :cuss: censored. An indication where our morals went.
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

Jim Dixon wrote:I notice the racial slurs in here aimed at both parties. I didn't think that many *Apathacans were so Americanized. I am ashamed of my fellow country-people for displaying such prejudices. Once they do that, they are no longer Canadians in my book, but I'm sure some will come their rescue.

In the end Mr. vinnied, from the moment Mr. Alphonse was arrested, to the final verdict, it was clear that not one person saw any "color" [sic] - the police, the paramedics, witnesses, sheriffs, jury, and court officers saw a tragic event involving human beings. Colour was never, ever, a mention or consideration. Again, americanized Apathacans stirring the pot and remaining the problem, not part of the solution.

some in-humane here use this social medium and propaganda to to promote racism and their prejudices and were left to run off at the mouth (AKA keyboard), hiding behind their alter egos and getting away with it. But try to describe the children's story regarding a cat in boots and you could get banned, slammed, or :cuss: censored. An indication where our morals went.

yada yada yada??,,,thanks for adding that to my quote, except those are your words, not mine

re-read this entire thread. No one even mentioned the color of anyones skin in this thread. In fact, it was the lawyer that actually first brought it up in his defence.
Alphonse will be sentenced for manslaughter after a Gladue report is made, likely within the next two months. A Gladue report goes into depth about the guilty person's Indigenous background, and how the person has been treated differently in Canada due to that background.

“That's because unlike any other Canadian citizen, we've put people on reserves and we've treated them like serfs and slaves for so many years,” LaLiberté said.

LaLiberté says he will be seeking a conditional sentence for Alphonse, a sentence that can be served within the community under strict conditions.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... nslaughter
It was only then, the gladue report was brought into the conversation. Some think its fair, some do not. But should you really be calling anyone racist? Wow..little harsh
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

shocker---not-- he pulled the race card, you do realize this was a native on native crime
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

vinnied wrote:yada yada yada??,,,thanks for adding that to my quote, except those are your words, not mine

Oh for God sake! Will you settle out of court if I use 'etcetera' instead - will you be OK then and calm the down?

Jim Dixon wrote:I notice the racial slurs in here aimed at both parties.............

vinnied wrote: re-read this entire thread. No one even mentioned the color of anyones skin in this thread. In fact, it was the lawyer that actually first brought it up in his defence.

Postby Bpeep » Sun, 25 Mar 2018 14:41:07

He'll get preferential sentencing because of the color [sic] of his skin.
    Equitable fairness in the Canadian justice system.
Perhaps vinnied you should be the one that should do as you suggested and "re-read this entire thread."

Alphonse will be sentenced for manslaughter after a Gladue report is made, likely within the next two months. A Gladue report goes into depth about the guilty person's Indigenous background, and how the person has been treated differently in Canada due to that background.

“That's because unlike any other Canadian citizen, we've put people on reserves and we've treated them like serfs and slaves for so many years,” LaLiberté said.

LaLiberté says he will be seeking a conditional sentence for Alphonse, a sentence that can be served within the community under strict conditions.

Sure. Clearly LaLiberté is playing the "my race has been mistreated" card. He is doing his job. Please, if you want me to believe your quotes of Mr. LaLiberté, source your quotes of LaLiberté. I fail to remember him saying anything that close to your quote. If you got it from some news medium, 'nough said.

vinnied wrote:.......But should you really be calling anyone racist? Wow..little harsh

and what you vinnied decide qualifies as "racist" hasn't yet been made in to law and until it does, others are free to rate racism as they see fit without any self-appointed word-cop dictating it's meaning. I read a lot of racism here maybe because I try to practice zero tolerance of racism in any form.

Mr. LaLiberté is free to use whatever means are at his disposal to represent his client in the best way possible. If anyone opposes the tools Mr. LaLiberté has available to him, then they should get elected and change the laws. Belly-aching here won't fix anything. People can call it unfair, crooked, or whatever - it's the law as it stands.

When I looked at the man sitting in the so-called 'prisoners box' I saw a human being. I didn't see colour, race, sexuality, social class, age or dress. Just a human being. I also saw and heard the law as it stands and kept any biases I might, without intent possibly feel what I think the law should be, out of the equation.

The Judge said to the Jury, 'You are the judges of the evidence - I am the Judge of the law...' So very well put and I think that the judges of the evidence did a super job when considering the evidence before them.

Yes I deleted a lot of our -stuff- between you and I in this, my response. Anyone can click back to the full text if they need to.

j
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

*removed* I did source my quote. But here it is again https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... nslaughter
"Castanet" quit telling fake news. Worse then CNN.

Also, and for the second time. Any comments made in regards to the gladue report only came after the lawyer brought out the get outta jail free card. NOT before. *removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 11th, 2018, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Baiting
Jim Dixon
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Jim Dixon »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 11th, 2018, 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Response to bait.
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

these guys can not even get together for a great occasion like a baby shower without drinking and killing each other --shocker-- not
vinnied
Lord of the Board

Post by vinnied »

*removed*
Last edited by ferri on Apr 11th, 2018, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off Topic

Return to “Central Okanagan”