Proposed new busker rules....

WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Re: Proposed new busker rules....

Post by WalterWhite »

lesliepaul wrote:How come in all of these discussions from the "so-called" experts on city council about buskers they have NOT ONCE mentioned that over paid deadbeat tyrant from Festivals Kelowna.........Ruinata Mills? Almost all of the downhill slide for the last 10 years has come about because of her.

Completely agree in that she definitely has a share in responsibility here. I recall the uproar that she orchestrated in the vendors selling their wares in city park. That also seemed about the time the initial “rules for buskers” started to come to light.
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

Bpeep wrote:Ya.
"We're listening".
Bultaco.

Please do not use thy name of Bultaco in vain.
A fine peice of Spanish made motorcycle no longer in production.
To hear one on the pipe is music to the ears.
http://www.bultacoclassic.com/gallery.html

Sure do love to stop, watch and listen to a talented busker.
(that goes for a talented rider on a well tuned machine)

Methinks part of the political playbook is to do the stupid stuff as a
deflector to the bigger more important issues at hand.
While the good people bicker over the trivial, they can slide other
items through with less conflict.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
entertained

Post by entertained »

Just give all the buskers signs "please don't pay me while I am holding my guitar" Don't even know why this is even an issue with the city. Freedom of speech thru music...no biggy. sooo many more issues
that should take priority.
rainandsun

Post by rainandsun »

Just read that letter: ... https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-story--10-.htm

Equal rights
Contributed - Apr 9, 2018 / 4:00 pm | Story: 223142
Good Neighbor bylaw, I agree be good to your neighbor. Then I read, include busking and panhandling. Well it’s about time that we are good neighbor to all people, “wow what a beautiful concept”. Hey us hippies tried that back in the 60s, it stopped the Vietnam War.
Whoa, what’s this I read? Panhandlers from 10 m to 5 m from ATM machines and if someone “donates money” to panhandlers will receive a fine of $250. (there are only two ways to control the populace, pain and fear) What kind of emotions does that panhandler go through? Did you ever walk in their moccasins? A person fears to “donate money” caught giving a dime will cost.
Piano is “donated” for free, people can “donate money” to a piano player and not receive a fine. Player does not need permit. Here is where “discrimination” steps in, a busker must buy their own instruments and pay for permit to busk for “donated money”, no fines given. Then I hear that people can’t stop and give bottles to people outside of bottle depot to dispose for them. The person probable does not want to smell the odor of the depot and does not have time to wait in line.
I believe Mayor Colin Basran goes to his favorite place of eats, I believe he may not want to go to the kitchen odor and wait for his food and carry it back to his table. He probably “donates money” to the server, he needs to pay a $250 fine for “donating money”. He may have paid for his friend’s meals and drinks, so he should be given a separate $250 fine for each person he fed.
I have only been in the area for 17 years and the City stills believes, “feed the greedy not the needy”
Joseph Hayes (Old Hippy)

Return to “Central Okanagan”