Co-Op Gas station on Westside....

AltaRed
Fledgling

Re: Co-Op Gas station on Westside....

Post by AltaRed »

Only 14% of gas stations are controlled by the 7 major refiners and that is before the big corporate sales of 2017. The number is even less now. 2016 data here. http://www.canadianfuels.ca/The-Fuels-I ... Retailing/

So the Co-op gas bars are simply part of the mix with other independents. The big gasoline tanker trucks deliver to multiple brands of retailers.
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

^^^ that's why it's more profitable to just sell the fuel needed by each retail location.
Today's Rack Price is .839, is the amount oil companies get. Which is cost & profit of producing a litre of regular gasoline.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

GordonH wrote:^^^ that's why it's more profitable to just sell the fuel needed by each retail location.
Today's Rack Price is .839, is the amount oil companies get. Which is cost & profit of producing a litre of regular gasoline.

Lol. Its all tax.
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I think I will take out membership in Co-op. Thanks for the reminder about chq at year end that was welcome in my earning years; sure would be appreciated once again in retirement phase.
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
AltaRed
Fledgling

Post by AltaRed »

Catsumi wrote:I think I will take out membership in Co-op. Thanks for the reminder about chq at year end that was welcome in my earning years; sure would be appreciated once again in retirement phase.

I agree sharing in the profits is a good thing, provided they can be as efficient as all their competitors and actually pay out a patronage refund at the end of each fiscal year. We will have to wait and see. Was a member of Calgary Co-op for many years when I lived there.
Jhunter199
Fledgling

Post by Jhunter199 »

The Check I received last year amounted to about 7.5 cents a litre returned to me. Not a bad little saving for just going about my day normally.
Catsumi
Buddha of the Board

Post by Catsumi »

I signed up as a member today and received a complimentary jug of window wash fluid. A nice start :biggrin:
Sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice. There’s a certain point at which ignorance becomes malice, at which there is simply no way to become THAT ignorant except deliberately and maliciously.

Unknown
Glacier
The Pilgrim

Post by Glacier »

Catsumi wrote:I signed up as a member today and received a complimentary jug of window wash fluid. A nice start :biggrin:

Wow, that's better than I got here in Vernon. I signed up when the new store opened here in Vernon, and got nothing except I had to pay $10.
"No one has the right to apologize for something they did not do, and no one has the right to accept an apology if the wrong was not done to them."
- Douglas Murray
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Glacier wrote:
Catsumi wrote:I signed up as a member today and received a complimentary jug of window wash fluid. A nice start :biggrin:

Wow, that's better than I got here in Vernon. I signed up when the new store opened here in Vernon, and got nothing except I had to pay $10.

Guess you should have worn a shorter skirt. :biggrin:
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
stuphoto
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by stuphoto »

GordonH wrote:
Oil companies make their money from selling to each fuel station (they also got bonus revenue by charging large lease to operator of the fuel station), its called the Rack Price. That price goes up & down daily.

I know this area may be different, since most of the fuel is delivered to Kamloops via rail.
However in Edmonton I have hauled fuel out of the Suncor and Esso refineries, and some stations will test a sample before allowing us to offload.
A few friends of mine have had loads rejected just because the colour isn't quite what it usually is.

Co-op does have it's own refinery in Regina, so I would assume they will be shipping our fuel right from there.

I will be getting a membership, even though I rarely cross the bridge in my own vehicles.
MCB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by MCB »

You mean when I'm down there visiting family I can use my co-op number when I get gas? AWESOME! :biggrin:
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

GordonH wrote:Oil companies make their money from selling to each fuel station (they also got bonus revenue by charging large lease to operator of the fuel station), its called the Rack Price. That price goes up & down daily.

Well of course it goes up and down daily. That's the very definition of screwing us! [icon_lol2.gif]
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

GordonH wrote:Oil companies make their money from selling to each fuel station (they also got bonus revenue by charging large lease to operator of the fuel station), its called the Rack Price. That price goes up & down daily.

Urban Cowboy wrote:Well of course it goes up and down daily. That's the very definition of screwing us! [icon_lol2.gif]

Looking at Rack price between 2 terminal cities:
Edmonton Rack price is .762
Kamloops Rack price is .856
Difference of .094
Edmonton pump price $1.094
Kamloops pump price $1.239
Difference of .145
.145 - .094 = .051

Total taxes on regular gasoline in Edmonton is .2749 + 5% GST
Total taxes on regular gasoline in Kamloops is .3267 + 5% GST
Difference of .0518
This is comparing Apples to Apples
So to compare Kelowna to an Alberta city, you need to pick one with same transportation distance from the Terminal. As Kelowna is from Kamloops, then compare those pump prices.

Added Later: Remember Calgary is also a Terminal city (Rack price is .786), you may want to go east, west or north of Edmonton.
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.

Return to “Central Okanagan”