Sportsman Show is back

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Sportsman Show is back

Post by Queen K »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... ow-is-back

I'll bet the draws alone would be worth attending for!
Last edited by Queen K on Mar 31st, 2018, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
vegas1500
Grand Pooh-bah

Re: Sportman Show is back

Post by vegas1500 »

Went last year....was a bit under whelming, but I guess I’m comapring to Edmonton show.
Jflem1983
Guru

Post by Jflem1983 »

vegas1500 wrote:Went last year....was a bit under whelming, but I guess I’m comapring to Edmonton show.

This show is a total dud . Wont ever be attending again. Twice stung .
Now they want to take our guns away . That would be just fine. Take em away from the criminals first . Ill gladly give u mine. "Charlie Daniels"

You have got to stand for something . Or you will fall for anything "Aaron Tippin"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

I'd love to see a bigger venue for the Sportman show, I'll bet a lot of good products can't get in due to space limitations. :135:
As WW3 develops, no one is going to be dissing the "preppers." What have you done?
dirtybiker
Walks on Forum Water

Post by dirtybiker »

We enjoy going, Nothing like the ones I've been to elsewhere.
Still neat stuff to see and interesting people.
"Don't 'p' down my neck then tell me it's raining!"
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Re: Sportsman Show is back

Post by Queen K »

Maybe we could meet up there? :130:

It would be hilarious if I won the sport fishing trip.

"You don't fish?"
"Nope. But do want to go birding using the boat."
Guy faints

Wow, after seeing their promo vid I really want to win this one :biggrin:

Whaling, Sea Lions, birding

I wouldn't rub it in to GF too much, maybe a little
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

The thing about these types of shows (Home, RV, Sporting goods) that kind of bug me are that they basically are trying to sell you stuff and then charge you to get in. Sticks in my craw a bit so I rarely go to them unless there is something I really want to check out.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Bsuds wrote:The thing about these types of shows (Home, RV, Sporting goods) that kind of bug me are that they basically are trying to sell you stuff and then charge you to get in. Sticks in my craw a bit so I rarely go to them unless there is something I really want to check out.

I know right ???

It's like taking yard waste to the dump and having to pay so they can make money on Ogogrow...

Or like paying to get in to the craft fair to spend loot on macrame ... and an over priced hot dog .
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
DebraSchramm

Post by DebraSchramm »

We won the door prize the first year to Rugged Point. Oh you want to fish! It was the best trip ever. You drive to Zeballos and up a logging road another 35 km to Fair Harbour for pickup. The food is incredible, the people you meet - make new friends, the view of the mountains, ocean, sea lions, whales, sunfish and the fish you catch unbelievable. We came home with our limits. They help you in the fishing aspect. They bait your hooks and help you land them. I had only been small lake fishing before and catching a 20 lb plus Salmon, cod and halibut was exhilarating. If you win go fishing, don't sit in the lodge. Our guides were informative, funny. Matt & Kristy who own it we still talk to. I want to win it again. Take a camera...
Leifer
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Leifer »

Will have to check it out.

I wonder if our fabulous Prime minister will make an appearance?
And in a frenzied state of virtue signaling denounce the events name and insist it be called a “SportsPerson” show? [icon_lol2.gif]

One can only hope.
Two essential strategies for success.

1) Never reveal all you know
2)
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

DebraSchramm wrote:We won the door prize the first year to Rugged Point. Oh you want to fish! It was the best trip ever. You drive to Zeballos and up a logging road another 35 km to Fair Harbour for pickup. The food is incredible, the people you meet - make new friends, the view of the mountains, ocean, sea lions, whales, sunfish and the fish you catch unbelievable. We came home with our limits. They help you in the fishing aspect. They bait your hooks and help you land them. I had only been small lake fishing before and catching a 20 lb plus Salmon, cod and halibut was exhilarating. If you win go fishing, don't sit in the lodge. Our guides were informative, funny. Matt & Kristy who own it we still talk to. I want to win it again. Take a camera...

Sounds incredible. What a great win for you.

I love Vancouver Island having seen it from Port. Renfrew to Cape Scott Provincial Park and several smaller islands off of it.

The drive to Zeballos is on our bucket list as it is. Same with Tahsis. We are amateur photographers and do a great deal of nature and landscape shots. A trip like this could get me to over-use my new lens. :D
gsc
Board Meister

Post by gsc »

We had a great time at the show this year. We had a boot there this year and got to meet so many awesome people. We also got a tun of goodies. I can't speak for all but we had a blast.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

:130: It was great seeing you two again.

I know I had fun seeing all the booths. I even got to try Buffalo on skewers. YYummmmmy.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Post by Queen K »

vegas1500 wrote:Went last year....was a bit under whelming, but I guess I’m comapring to Edmonton show.

Vegas1500, did you go or ???
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

dirtybiker wrote:We enjoy going, Nothing like the ones I've been to elsewhere.
Still neat stuff to see and interesting people.

What was worth spending the bucks on?
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat

Return to “Central Okanagan”