Sportsman Show is back

Re: Sportsman Show is back

Postby Queen K » Apr 10th, 2018, 12:08 pm

Yup, no Bear Aware and no Bear spray on display. An empty can would have been better than "no can."

I was asked if I was single by one guy and that got me thinking:

How about a message board of sorts for singles in the outdoor Sports lifestyle? Why not?

How else would anyone find anyone without feeling stupid if the woman or man they "hit one" turned out to be not single and looking?

Seriously, why not? :135:
Is it okay to have friends on all sides of the political spectrum? Or do I have to choose?

The Canadian Injustice System. Letting victims know that they don't matter with every ruling.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Liked in: 13007 posts

Postby Fancy » Apr 10th, 2018, 12:18 pm

huntingbc.ca has forums looking for partners to hunt with
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Liked in: 6089 posts

Postby Fancy » Apr 10th, 2018, 12:20 pm

Was there a booth to buy fishing licences and a list of the GoFish lakes, times and dates around the area?
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Postby Queen K » Apr 10th, 2018, 12:27 pm

Fancy wrote:huntingbc.ca has forums looking for partners to hunt with

Ya but I'm talking about the more romatic side of Sportsman outdoors lifestyles. Someone a person wants to introduce to the lifestyle of outdoors sportsman ship is one thing, but finding that partner interested is another. Geezzzz Fancy.

You know, hunt deer, build a fire later.... :admin:

I have a friend who got introduced to the world of fishing by her new partner. That sort of thing.

:135: I'm sure huntingbc.ca isn't in on that side of it. Or should I go look?
Last edited by Queen K on Apr 10th, 2018, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is it okay to have friends on all sides of the political spectrum? Or do I have to choose?

The Canadian Injustice System. Letting victims know that they don't matter with every ruling.
Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Queen K » Apr 10th, 2018, 12:28 pm

Fancy wrote:Was there a booth to buy fishing licences and a list of the GoFish lakes, times and dates around the area?

Speaking of fishing, did you see any life jackets around the boat displays? Or are they a given?

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Fancy » Apr 10th, 2018, 12:31 pm

lol to romance in the backcountry. I didn't see any lifejackets on board the boats - no accessories to speak of. I'm always looking to maximize our space on board and where people put stuff they want handy besides over the chair back.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Postby alanjh595 » Apr 10th, 2018, 12:50 pm

Fancy wrote:One should know to report hitting wildlife. RCMP get calls about deer getting hit on the highway. There were a couple of booths there that could have handled that information.

I would call the RCMP 1st and report it, get a "file #", they will call conservation if there is a wounded animal involved, and then call ICBC to make a claim for any damages, you will need the RCMP file # to start your claim.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3426 posts

Postby Queen K » Apr 10th, 2018, 1:02 pm

Don't Lol at romance in the Outdoor lifestyle. What's wrong with finding someone who shares interests and going from there? I distinctly remember a former member here who said he bagged a buck and his wife shot a nice doe on the same trip. Is it that easy to find someone who is in sync with the lifestyle of weekend hunting and fishing? Of course I'd have a camera instead of a gun, just sayin'

Oh and ID reference books.

ID Plants, mammels, birds, tracks and the like. I even had a cloud id book. No one was there with those were they?

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby Fancy » Apr 10th, 2018, 1:11 pm

Queen K wrote:Don't Lol at romance in the Outdoor lifestyle. What's wrong with finding someone who shares interests and going from there? I distinctly remember a former member here who said he bagged a buck and his wife shot a nice doe on the same trip. Is it that easy to find someone who is in sync with the lifestyle of weekend hunting and fishing?

still smiling - absolutely nothing wrong in finding someone to share the same interests as I live the outdoor lifestyle with my other half. It's just the romance part is a little different in the bush and that we laugh at a lot. I got lucky. Nothing better than being outdoors out in the boondocks or on the ocean.
I didn't see any of those books. I rely on my id books a lot and always looking to add to them as some of mine are getting old and tattered. Especially fish. Too many have illustrations instead of actual photos.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Postby Queen K » Apr 10th, 2018, 1:14 pm

I don't mean romance in the bush, I mean just meeting someone period who is interested in the same things and lifestyle, not squeemish about Bambi and Thumper being food. That sort of thing.

I even thought of a way to do it at the Sports show, enter your message into an electronic message board which can be downloaded into a phone app. Then men and women could peruse the messages at their leisure at home and contact their intended. That way, there are NO mistakes in person. Embarrassing mistakes, you know. Heck the guy who asked me if I was single really threw me.

BACK to the outdoor sports section:

How about an id about edible plants? Hunter loses food to a bear, now what? What can a hunter eat and at what time of year?

Queen K
Queen of the Castle

Postby alanjh595 » Apr 10th, 2018, 1:16 pm

Queen K wrote:Don't Lol at romance in the Outdoor lifestyle. What's wrong with finding someone who shares interests and going from there? I distinctly remember a former member here who said he bagged a buck and his wife shot a nice doe on the same trip. Is it that easy to find someone who is in sync with the lifestyle of weekend hunting and fishing? Of course I'd have a camera instead of a gun, just sayin'

Oh and ID reference books.

ID Plants, mammels, birds, tracks and the like. I even had a cloud id book. No one was there with those were they?

If you are going to only carry a camera, I suggest you look for a partner that carries a gun. What one has, the other lacks. Nobody has to kill anything, but as you steady your camera for that perfect photo, somebody should be watching out for your backside.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
alanjh595
Guru

Liked in: 3426 posts

Postby Fancy » Apr 10th, 2018, 1:25 pm

Good ideas - hunter comes home and regroups - damn bear.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

Postby gsc » Apr 10th, 2018, 3:53 pm

Queen K wrote:Trudeau just called.

Next year the event will be known as the "Outdoor Sportsperson Show."

LMFAO I think I just peed a bit

Queen K likes this post.
gsc
Board Meister

Liked in: 427 posts

Postby gsc » Apr 10th, 2018, 3:56 pm

Fancy wrote:BC Conservation had a large table and they had a jar of the mussels to watch for. Also had container for licence, regs and a couple of other items. I don't recall seeing any "Bear Aware" signs though.

We had a lot of there goodies at our booth as well like the container for licence, regs, pins, key chains floating and not, lanyards and pens.
gsc
Board Meister

Liked in: 427 posts

Postby Fancy » Apr 10th, 2018, 3:59 pm

Maybe your tables should be closer together and bigger next year. One complements the other. Anyway, probably will go again next year.

gsc likes this post.
Fancy
Grand Pilgrim

PreviousNext

Return to Central Okanagan