Re: Illegal Dumping

Post by K33p3r »

all right lets see what you got then...

not the one you have on your House.
Nada
KB886

Post by KB886 »

K33p3r wrote:all right lets see what you got then...

not the one you have on your House.

And why not the one on the house?
polelady
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by polelady »

Here is a few ideas..(Drywall). Perhaps the DUMP was closed and the guy thought oh well just unload the drywall here and some government department will clean it up in good time....This costs us all money... at the end of the day...!!! GRRRRRR

OK so to solve the illegal Dumping and create employment... ... we do have lots of people with time in their hands... so !!!
Tell the RDCO ... top boss .. who is probably overpaid ,,, to do nothing about this problem..
To post a "REWARD " lets say $500.00 to $1,000.00 to anyone that can provide a video of the illegal dump culprits with
facial recognition and or a licence plate .. that is readable in court... ,, they get a fine of 1,000.00 or more and 1/2 half goes as a reward... NOW that will for sure ... get some real pictures and or video's is my thinking.... Comments ?
They pictures are posted on social media for everyone to view... and say hey I know that person.. !!!!!
Snowbound

Post by Snowbound »

This province is so bass ackwards in regards to waste management. We moved here from AB 10 years ago and there was no dump fees in the city we came from. Guess what? Virtually no illegal dumping.

And there was a recycling drop off located in the middle of town that accepted yard waste, cardboard, glass, plastic, etc 24/7. No gates, well lit, organized with bins to segregate waste. It was beautiful not having to wait until the weekend to drop off stuff. All of this paid for by taxation revenues.

It's only going to get worse as recycling fees go higher. I'm told that drywall disposal in Vancouver must first be tested for asbestos, adding to the cost and delays of disposal. Wait until the government mandates this province wide! The forest and ditches will be covered in it. There is a mountain of drywall in the West Kelowna transfer station and they are refusing to accept any more. No concrete disposal in West Kelowna either. They are just inviting illegal dumping.
Treblehook
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by Treblehook »

Strategically placed cameras at identified "trouble" spots is certainly a huge step toward curbing this kind of illegal activity. It seems there is no shortage of individuals who will present the argument that such cameras would not be allowed... that it would be illegal to photograph people dumping garbage, and worthless as evidence against the offenders. These morons are travelling to these illegal dumpsites on public roads and dumping their trash on public lands, and most importantly, nobody has any expectation of privacy while in public areas. Even if our courts refused to allow the evidence, the images captured would most certainly be valuable for investigation purposes. If traffic on a road such as Postill Lake road were monitored via some sort of camera, it wouldn't be too difficult to identify trucks going up with a load of trash and coming back down empty...even a village idiot could figure that out. You wouldn't have to actually see the offloading take place in that case would you? In reality we have the same problem of government inaction in respect to abandoned houseboats on Okanagan Lake... no action seems to take place. Our government needs to wise up and deal with these idiots...and taxpayers should not be picking up the tab for cleaning up in either case. In the case of the abandoned boats...find out who owned them and assess the costs against that person!!!
Urban Cowboy
Guru

Post by Urban Cowboy »

Treblehook wrote:Strategically placed cameras at identified "trouble" spots is certainly a huge step toward curbing this kind of illegal activity. It seems there is no shortage of individuals who will present the argument that such cameras would not be allowed... that it would be illegal to photograph people dumping garbage, and worthless as evidence against the offenders. These morons are travelling to these illegal dumpsites on public roads and dumping their trash on public lands, and most importantly, nobody has any expectation of privacy while in public areas. Even if our courts refused to allow the evidence, the images captured would most certainly be valuable for investigation purposes. If traffic on a road such as Postill Lake road were monitored via some sort of camera, it wouldn't be too difficult to identify trucks going up with a load of trash and coming back down empty...even a village idiot could figure that out. You wouldn't have to actually see the offloading take place in that case would you? In reality we have the same problem of government inaction in respect to abandoned houseboats on Okanagan Lake... no action seems to take place. Our government needs to wise up and deal with these idiots...and taxpayers should not be picking up the tab for cleaning up in either case. In the case of the abandoned boats...find out who owned them and assess the costs against that person!!!

Cameras would be a good idea, if it weren't for the losers destroying them, or stealing them, so since that's the case, it makes them just another expense, adding insult to injury if you will.
“Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien
toomuchstuff55

Post by toomuchstuff55 »

...hmmm.....decrease the cost to bring a load to Glenmore?....duhhhh.....
toomuchstuff55

Post by toomuchstuff55 »

...nothing MORE irritating tahn having to PAY for getting rid of.. :cuss:

I get RID of MY recyclable crap by dumping it in the CONDOs' dumpsters across the street at 2am in the morning....like,...as IF I am going to load crap into my car and DRIVE.....15miles to the Glenmore DUMP.....AND...PAY for it.

I like MY 2am "business" ....BETTER. No dinosaur fules. No wasting my time on asanine RULES.

Jus sayin. (DUMB as :swear: ).
Last edited by ferri on Apr 19th, 2018, 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
toomuchstuff55

Post by toomuchstuff55 »

....there should be MINI-recycling depots in EVERY COMMUNITY within a city....none of this..."oh...you can't put PLASTIC BAGS in the bin....or GLASS"....I HIDE that :cuss: in my bin,....juz jus ASK me if "I'm....gonna make a SPECIAL TRIP to the 15mile-away recycling depot to drop off a a tiny piece of STYROFOAM to 1 of those places....." NOT.

Jus tellin ya like it is.......
Last edited by ferri on Apr 19th, 2018, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word censor workaround.
KelownaCrackinCrew
Fledgling

Post by KelownaCrackinCrew »

toomuchstuff55 wrote:....there should be MINI-recycling depots in EVERY COMMUNITY within a city....none of this..."oh...you can't put PLASTIC BAGS in the bin....or GLASS"....I HIDE that :cuss: in my bin,....juz jus ASK me if "I'm....gonna make a SPECIAL TRIP to the 15mile-away recycling depot to drop off a a tiny piece of STYROFOAM to 1 of those places....." NOT.

Jus tellin ya like it is.......

Um....you can take your recycling to the bottle depot on Kirschner..
LivinginKelowna
Board Meister

Post by LivinginKelowna »

toomuchstuff55 wrote:...nothing MORE irritating tahn having to PAY for getting rid of.. :cuss:

I get RID of MY recyclable crap by dumping it in the CONDOs' dumpsters across the street at 2am in the morning....like,...as IF I am going to load crap into my car and DRIVE.....15miles to the Glenmore DUMP.....AND...PAY for it.

I like MY 2am "business" ....BETTER. No dinosaur fules. No wasting my time on asanine RULES.

Jus sayin. (DUMB as :swear: ).

I don't know if there are any words to describe your idiocy
Snowbound

Post by Snowbound »

I never understood why they don't take glass in the blue bin. Everywhere else I've lived, all the glass goes in the bin.

Most people can't be bothered to bag all the non-blue bin recyclables and they end up in the landfill.
Bsuds
The Wagon Master

Post by Bsuds »

Snowbound wrote:I never understood why they don't take glass in the blue bin. Everywhere else I've lived, all the glass goes in the bin.

Most people can't be bothered to bag all the non-blue bin recyclables and they end up in the landfill.

Apparently the glass breaks and it can cut the people who sort as well as contaminating the paper and cardboard making them useless.
My Wife asked me if I knew what her favorite flower was?
Apparently "Robin Hood All Purpose" was the wrong answer!
Fancy
Insanely Prolific

Post by Fancy »

A lot of places don't take all glass but just those bottles that contained beverages and food. Sounds like people were taking advantage and throwing all sorts of glass that breaks easier than those bottles and there goes the convenience of putting them in the blue bin.
Truths can be backed up by facts - do you have any?
Fancy this, Fancy that and by the way, T*t for Tat
kelbear25
Fledgling

Post by kelbear25 »

This province is so bass ackwards in regards to waste management. We moved here from AB 10 years ago and there was no dump fees in the city we came from. Guess what? Virtually no illegal dumping.

And there was a recycling drop off located in the middle of town that accepted yard waste, cardboard, glass, plastic, etc 24/7. No gates, well lit, organized with bins to segregate waste. It was beautiful not having to wait until the weekend to drop off stuff. All of this paid for by taxation revenues.

It's only going to get worse as recycling fees go higher. I'm told that drywall disposal in Vancouver must first be tested for asbestos, adding to the cost and delays of disposal. Wait until the government mandates this province wide! The forest and ditches will be covered in it. There is a mountain of drywall in the West Kelowna transfer station and they are refusing to accept any more. No concrete disposal in West Kelowna either. They are just inviting illegal dumping.

^THIS! I don't recall illegal dumping to be an issue in Edmonton. Nearly every mall/ community central area has a recycling sorting station, plus the Eco station that takes all variety of waste from used paint to electronics. Here you're driving all different places from the dump to the battery doctor to the bottle depot to recycle properly. I'm sure being in a large municipality deters from driving out "to the bush" to dump. Here its just too easy to dump, the bush is too close and the other methods are not seen as convenient or too expensive.

Return to “Central Okanagan”