Pot rules?

capleton
Banned

Re: Pot rules?

Post by capleton »

Anyways back on topic, most people are going to smoke in their homes or somewhere private, it is not like people are going to go to playgrounds and schools and spark up a doobie.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

Most are suggesting restrictions on pot to follow the smoking of tobacco. Why shouldn't it be restricted to follow alcohol AND smoking tobacco rules.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

Bumped

May the CoK follow suit what Banff has put into place, :up: :up: to Banff.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Canada/22 ... public-pot
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

my5cents wrote:Most are suggesting restrictions on pot to follow the smoking of tobacco. Why shouldn't it be restricted to follow alcohol AND smoking tobacco rules.

Seems like overkill for something less harmful than each of those substances.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
my5cents
Guru

Post by my5cents »

CapitalB wrote:Seems like overkill for something less harmful than each of those substances.

Well it is an intoxicant, however not the same as alcohol, but it would seem reasonable that it shouldn't be consumed while driving a vehicle.

Why is it illegal to consume liquor in a public place ? Liquor is an intoxicant, so is pot.

Are you suggesting that we write different rules for pot smoking, such as in places of employment. Every secretary had a cigarette going in an ashtray in the 50's-60's. Go back to that ?
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it"
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

This explains a lot. Is KGH equipped to handle the expected increase in cases?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

A smaller government makes room for bigger citizens.

"We know that Russia must win this war." ~ Justin Trudeau, Feb 26, 2024.
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

The idea that legalization is gonna green light the population to "start" smoking is stupid, it's been going on all along , it's been normalized all along. Those who haven't used before probably won't after,those who do probably will.
Why you think any government would stick their neck out to legalize?? Because the numbers are already there.
JLives
Buddha of the Board

Post by JLives »

Gone_Fishin wrote:This explains a lot. Is KGH equipped to handle the expected increase in cases?

From the zero they see now?
"Every dollar you spend is a vote for what you believe in."
"My country is the world, and my religion is to do good."
neighbor

Post by neighbor »

capleton wrote:I don't like the smell of drunks who get on the bus or cow manure, or pollution but I don't complain about it. I guess pizza shops with the smells coming from them must be total dicks because some people don't like pizza. I think society and the government is being the dickish one here, "all bad smells are okay except pot". I don't think I have ever met someone who has objected to the smell of pot besides old alcoholics and fundamentalist Christians.

I am actually very allergic to the smell of it...Unfortunately....and like second hand cigarette smoke, we should not have to breath it, whether in our business, or outside enjoying the day....I use medicinal mj for chronic pain, migrains, & to treat an ailing dog...There are several other means to use it, and breathing in stinky, harmful second hand smoke by inconsiderate idiiots, should not be something we have to deal with...
jimmy4321
Guru

Post by jimmy4321 »

Well the upside is there will be laws that will most likely be enforced with the whole public space thing. Up to now it seems you really got to do something incredibly stupid to get busted - I have no idea, I say that cause it seems to be everywhere.
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

jimmy4321 wrote:The idea that legalization is gonna green light the population to "start" smoking is stupid, it's been going on all along , it's been normalized all along. Those who haven't used before probably won't after,those who do probably will.
Why you think any government would stick their neck out to legalize?? Because the numbers are already there.

Actually, pot use has spiked in CO right after legalization. Almost twice as many plus-26 year-olds sparking up now.

Relying on data from the national drug use survey, Colorado reported that nearly a third of Coloradans aged 18-25 in 2014 had used pot in the last 30 days, a rise of about 5% from the year before recreational pot was legalized.

The survey showed a similar spike in adults over 26. Past 30-day marijuana use went from 7.6% in 2012 to 12.4% in 2014.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... s-not-kids

Similar result in OR.

Rates of marijuana use increased from pre‐ to post‐2015 at six of the seven universities, a trend that was significant overall. Increases in rates of marijuana use were significantly greater in Oregon than in comparison institutions

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs ... /add.13906
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

flamingfingers
Buddha of the Board

Post by flamingfingers »

^^That is because they admitted to it now that it is legalized. They wouldn't have admitted to it before - obviously.
Chill
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

^^ As well as the number that may now be prescribed it by thier doctor. Should be interesting to see if the numbers level out. Either way I don't mind more people using pot in the privacy of their own home, for pleasure or for whatever ails them. One of the growth markets for pot is turning out to be seniors who are finding it helps with sleep, aches and appetite. All good things and instead of smoking, being able to consume in forms like chocolate, in measured doses, makes it easy to have a nibble before bed and sleep like a baby. Personally, I think many people would be a lot better off if they chose a despensory instead of a drug store. There's a good chance they would get something that works better and is alot less addictive.
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.
voice of reason
Grand Pooh-bah

Post by voice of reason »

capleton wrote:Anyways back on topic, most people are going to smoke in their homes or somewhere private, it is not like people are going to go to playgrounds and schools and spark up a doobie.

some jackasses will . most older people who smoke are used to smoking in private so it wont be a problem.its the people who show up to the 420 celebrations and smoke a 4ft bong that are going to be the ones who spark up a joint beside you at the beach.there will be a period at first where people are going to push their luck but the novelty will wear off fast
Gone_Fishin
Walks on Forum Water

Post by Gone_Fishin »

Poindexter wrote:^^ As well as the number that may now be prescribed it by thier doctor.

Recreational use spiked. Not medical use.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Return to “Canada”