Pot rules?

Gisley

Pot rules?

Post by Gisley »

Do you think Kelowna should ban the open use of pot in public places like many cities have?

https://www.castanet.net/edition/news-s ... htm#222946

I'd like to see the same rules applied as we already do with tobacco. I surely don't want to walk through a purple haze as I go about my business.
gman313
Lord of the Board

Re: Pot rules?

Post by gman313 »

they already say the rules will be the same as tobacco lol
CapitalB
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by CapitalB »

Staff is also recommending plants being grown in homes not be visible from public spaces outside the property.

I think that part of the proposed local laws is going to receive the most pushback, be the hardest to enforce, and in general is going to be a bit weird. That kind of thing is fairly expected however.

The rest of whats proposed seems to be pretty reasonable. Banning dispensaries on pandosy and bernard shouldn't be an issue, similar to the liquor rules. I'll be more curious to see how that goes when pot cafes / bars / edible places/ whatever eventually work their way into the legislature.
So much of the violent push-back on everything progressive and reformist comes down to: I can see the future, and in this future I am not the centre of the universe and master of all that I survey, therefore this future must be resisted at all costs.
steve mc
Fledgling

Post by steve mc »

rules simple no enforcement do what ever you want government is a joke canada voted no 1 by criminals worldwide.
MAPearce
Buddha of the Board

Post by MAPearce »

Yes ... Yes they should ..

You " hippie chew" smokers just . plain . STINK .....
Liberalism is a disease like cancer.. Once you get it , you can't get rid of it .
George Orwell 1984
Lord of the Board

Post by George Orwell 1984 »

How will insurance companies deal with growing indoors? Will each and every home sale have to be assessed to determine if a grow operation was happening? What about smoking indoors and outdoors affecting neighbours and children. So many problems arise with legalizing and as it appears the issues are just downloaded to provinces and municipalities without input from the federal government.Where will increased enforcement dollars come from. It’s endless.
artistwithaflare
Board Meister

Post by artistwithaflare »

Not a fan of cigarette or weed smoke! and, the fact that they smoke outside does not make much of a difference because it lingers on their clothes and breath!
Some try covering up the stench with the stench of different perfumes!
...migraine!
Just say it as it is!
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

stink on top of stink
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
Bpeep
Mindquad

Post by Bpeep »

Pot rules, man.
Seeking the apartment that is creating leasing interest concerns knowledgeable seclusive morons excessively.
Tootsie
Board Meister

Stinky people!

Post by Tootsie »

I agree with two of above posters about the stink that lingers on people that either are working with it all day or smoking it.
YOU STINK ! Plain and simple.

I swear every 2nd person in Lake Country reeks of that crap. Fer chrisakes - they can send people to the moon and soon equipment to the sun. Can't they just somehow mask the smell of it somehow? Oh wait - mmmm, better yet - how about just send those people along !?

I think all of us that hate the smell of it should just fart at these people - I don't like YOUR smell so how about you deal with MINE and see how you like it? *bleep* for tat right! :raspberry:
LTD
Lord of the Board

Post by LTD »

the smell of weed doesnt bother me cigarettes do tho and the most repugnant horrible one of all, perfume i can actually taste it in the back of my throat for hours after being exposed to a foul smelling woman who has bathed in that crap
the truth
Admiral HMS Castanet

Post by the truth »

same here :swear: , how most of these perfumes make the market blows me away, they pretty much all stink
"The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." -George Orwell
GordonH
Сварливий старий мерзотник

Post by GordonH »

I expect nothing short of the very same rules/laws around smoking tobacco in public, to be the same with the stinky skunky smelling MJ.

Kelowna City Parks for one:
https://www.kelowna.ca/parks-recreation ... /parks-all
I don't give a damn whether people/posters like me or dislike me, I'm not on earth to win any popularity contests.
generalposter
Board Meister

Post by generalposter »

Does this mean the hospital entrances will now reek of that crap along with the other crap? I shake my head when entering that place through a cloud of smoke , people in hospital gowns with intravenous stands puffing away while leaning on the NO SMOKING signs . If there was one place to enforce the distances you would think it might be there.

Stink, stank, stunk.
Someone has to say it.
Poindexter
Guru

Post by Poindexter »

Dispenseries sell vapourisers, chocolate, candies, tinctures and pills all infused with thc and/or canaboids. Many people smoke pot because of the lack of alternatives. So if your complaint about pot is the smell, don't worry, the dispenseries have your back. :up:
Remember: Humans are 99% chimp.

Return to “Canada”