Is Cawston Growing Too Fast?

dle
Lord of the Board

Is Cawston Growing Too Fast?

Post by dle »

https://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/2 ... g-too-fast

Note to Luke:

Seriously Luke? Where was all this concern as Kelowna council pushed forward with all the skyscrapers - you were all grins & nods for that - 5 stories is nothing! At least the artist's rendering (which to me looks like 4 stories but 5 would be fine) is pleasing to the eye and looks like nice "housing". If you councillors grow some and stop granting every developer who blows into town with the golden goose egg money permission to up the height variance it should be just lovely.

Oh, and you want to hear from the public - why? Who on present council (other than Ryan Donn or Charlie Hodge), gives a rat's patoot what the "public" thinks - that's just laughable - so you can quit pretending you do!
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Re: Is Cawston Growing Too Fast?

Post by Scrobins94 »

I don't think I have ever agreed with Luke Stack on a single issue. He's in favour of Freedom's door right smack in the middle of a Rutland residential zone, yet has concern about something like looks more affordable for the average person in an actual residential zone? And votrs in favour of a 30+ downtown hotel tower by the waterfront?
WalterWhite
Lord of the Board

Post by WalterWhite »

I think some on council simply flip a coin for making their decisions - case in point, Luke Stack.
Scrobins94
Generalissimo Postalot

Post by Scrobins94 »

WalterWhite wrote:I think some on council simply flip a coin for making their decisions - case in point, Luke Stack.

I wish that was true. At least he would get right half the times. :smt045
techrtr
Übergod

Post by techrtr »

I really think that our mayor and council are complete idiots. Didn't Basran used to be a realtor? That would explain a lot.

I think we need to go back to the good ole days when all major city decisions were made at the Capri Hotel coffee shop by the heads of Kelowna's founding families.
gjohns87

Post by gjohns87 »

The Mayor and Council can't do anything right these days it seems - they go ahead and approve something, they catch hell in the forums. They take a minute and say "hey, maybe we should see if the neighbors think this is a good idea first?" and they catch hell in the forums. Let them do their jobs.

He's right - you cant really come back from this once you go ahead and build these types of housing. You either move forward and the whole area eventually turns into multi-family housing developments or the area becomes pock marked with low rise houses and a mix of mid/high rise.

Return to “Central Okanagan”